Vantage Point Issues & Bugs Thread

Cheesegeezer

gihayes
14 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Let me simplify this for you, if you can’t seperate out sentences and full stops.

At the moment the design is to play online content if you asked for that, if you also tick the play trailer from my collection then it is forced to play 1 internal. 

So you mean "...it is forced to play an internal trailer also" ?

Or will ticking "Play trailer from my colection" only play a trailer from my collection regardless if I have "play online" ticked or not?

Spaceboy
10 hours ago, crusher11 said:
18 hours ago, crusher11 said:

I'm not sure why you would separate out local and online trailers

I support this change

Edited by GrimReaper
QTE

Cheesegeezer
6 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

I support this change

You like the forced play of an internal trailer or just a random online/internal regardless of settings.

Cheesegeezer

Its really hard to please all of the people all of the time. 

so i try to please some of the people most of the time

• Like 2

gihayes
9 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

You like the forced play of an internal trailer or just a random online/internal regardless of settings.

I would like if I tick online, it will pull from online trailers. If I tick internal it will pull from internal traliers. If I click both, it will pull from both. If I click neither, it will not play trailers. Is that the plan for how it will work?

Edited by gihayes

Spaceboy
15 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I wanted a mix of both, doesn’t have to be strictly forced one of each but I’m fine with that. Previously I was only getting internal trailers

Gaevonn

Hello,

Hopefully this is where I am supposed to put this.  I am not sure if this is a bug, or if somehow I have missed something.  I have just started testing Emby in an attempt to move off of Plex and this Plugin really has me stoked.  While the most of the functions are working as explained, i had two issues I could not rectify.  The first is with the codec identification for the Codec Intro, but I see that is already being looked at, so I am looking forward to the fix on that.  The second is with my local Trailers "intro".  For some reason, if I pick "Use Trailers from my Collections" and select "1" in the "Select the No of Coming Attractions to Play", it always plays 2 local trailers (most of the time the same one, but other times 2 different ones).  I know they are local because of how I name them.  Also I have no other options picked at the time, in the entire settings section; except to enable "Big Screen Mode".  If I install the Trailers Plugin and then select one of the other Trailer choices and not the "Use Trailers from my Collections", but still select  "1" in the "Select the No of Coming Attractions to Play", it only plays 1.  When I check the logs, it looks like it is selecting a Local as an online and then adding another local; despite it saying "Online trailers enabled = False" in the log right before that.  I am attaching a clean log of my server starting and then me selecting a movie to play, where it show this behaviour.  I should point out that I am running the 1.0.0.7 from the catalog, but did try this with the default "vantagepoint.dll" and the latest one in this thread.  I could not find a Beta Plugin option to test with, but the results for both DLLs was the same for the local trailers.  Could someone help me with finding out if this is a setting I have messed up somewhere, or if it is a glitch?

My Specs:

OS - Server 2022 Data Center

Emby Server 4.7.1.0

Vantage Point 1.0.0.7 (tried the latest dll from this post)

trailers-setup.PNG

embyserver-1.txt

Cheesegeezer
9 minutes ago, Gaevonn said:

Hello,

Hopefully this is where I am supposed to put this.  I am not sure if this is a bug, or if somehow I have missed something.  I have just started testing Emby in an attempt to move off of Plex and this Plugin really has me stoked.  While the most of the functions are working as explained, i had two issues I could not rectify.  The first is with the codec identification for the Codec Intro, but I see that is already being looked at, so I am looking forward to the fix on that.  The second is with my local Trailers "intro".  For some reason, if I pick "Use Trailers from my Collections" and select "1" in the "Select the No of Coming Attractions to Play", it always plays 2 local trailers (most of the time the same one, but other times 2 different ones).  I know they are local because of how I name them.  Also I have no other options picked at the time, in the entire settings section; except to enable "Big Screen Mode".  If I install the Trailers Plugin and then select one of the other Trailer choices and not the "Use Trailers from my Collections", but still select  "1" in the "Select the No of Coming Attractions to Play", it only plays 1.  When I check the logs, it looks like it is selecting a Local as an online and then adding another local; despite it saying "Online trailers enabled = False" in the log right before that.  I am attaching a clean log of my server starting and then me selecting a movie to play, where it show this behaviour.  I should point out that I am running the 1.0.0.7 from the catalog, but did try this with the default "vantagepoint.dll" and the latest one in this thread.  I could not find a Beta Plugin option to test with, but the results for both DLLs was the same for the local trailers.  Could someone help me with finding out if this is a setting I have messed up somewhere, or if it is a glitch?

My Specs:

OS - Server 2022 Data Center

Emby Server 4.7.1.0

Vantage Point 1.0.0.7 (tried the latest dll from this post)

trailers-setup.PNG

embyserver-1.txt 243.22 kB · 0 downloads

Nice catch.  Yes this is definitely a bug.

Thanks

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
6 minutes ago, Gaevonn said:

Wow,

That was quick.  Thanks for letting me know.  Is there anything else I need to provide?

Nope!!!  That's all I need, excellent info, so we all good

You'll probably notice that you will get a lot of help here from the Core Emby Team, testers, moderators, plugin developers and some really clued up people.  I never used Plex, but i only ever hear bad things regarding help and feedback.  So i'd like to welcome you here and hope you enjoy your time with emby.

Gaevonn

Thank you, Cheesegeezer.

I must say that this i have to agree with your assessment on that.  I have used Plex for many years, but have rarely gotten responses from the Core people, only a few dedicated users.  I am just not liking where Plex looks to be heading and their player apps are a constant pain for me and my family, so despite my library size, I am looking elsewhere.  I have seen in the forums the quick responses and intelligent banter between the users and admins and honestly it was refreshing.  As I am in Australia, I wasn't expecting any responses so quick, so this was bonus.  I am liking what I am seeing with EMBY so far and my Wife fell over when I had her play a movie and trivia questions came up and then the other intros.  I have paid for Full Emby to support them, as I can see this is product that is evolving, but how do we support people like you with these plugins?  Thanks for the Welcome.  I look forward to seeing your next update.  Also just a quick one, around page 7 i think, there is a different "local Trailers" option that what I have.  Was that an earlier version, or one coming up?  I tried clearing my cache, but it did not change anything.  Thank again.

Cheesegeezer
11 minutes ago, Gaevonn said:

As I am in Australia,

I'm sorry hahahahahha 🤣 just kidding, there are a few Aussie's on here.

I wasn't expecting any responses so quick, so this was bonus.  I am liking what I am seeing with EMBY so far and my Wife fell over when I had her play a movie and trivia questions came up and then the other intros.  I have paid for Full Emby to support them, as I can see this is product that is evolving,

tha't s awesome, didn't plex remove 3rd party plugins? So CinemaVision was removed also i guess.  And i'm glad you're supporting the Emby team.

but how do we support people like you with these plugins? 

no need, it's good fun and I enjoy it.

Also just a quick one, around page 7 i think, there is a different "local Trailers" option that what I have.  Was that an earlier version, or one coming up?  I tried clearing my cache, but it did not change anything.  Thank again

yet again, i have somehow managed to completely remove that.  I think i must have done the fixes the wrong repo.

Gaevonn
32 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

tha't s awesome, didn't plex remove 3rd party plugins? So CinemaVision was removed also i guess.  And i'm glad you're supporting the Emby team.

Sadly, Yes.  Plex stopped support of Plugins a while back, but some backend access was still up as some plugins remained working until recently.  That removal of plugin support was the first of many warning signs that this was becoming less of a personal Media solution and more a commercial media solution. 

Cheesegeezer
28 minutes ago, Gaevonn said:

Sadly, Yes.  Plex stopped support of Plugins a while back, but some backend access was still up as some plugins remained working until recently.  That removal of plugin support was the first of many warning signs that this was becoming less of a personal Media solution and more a commercial media solution. 

Yeah but even massive commercial solutions allow for plugins and scripting. Look at what all the lead programs in VFX allow - 3ds Max, Cinema4D, After effects and then all the renderers. Anyways i digress lol.

just finishing up a new plugin and then I’ll hopefully get onto VP to really tidy it up. But IntroSkip plugin looks like we will need to do some work quickly on that because the core team are moving fast and we need to align with them

Gaevonn
7 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Yeah but even massive commercial solutions allow for plugins and scripting. Look at what all the lead programs in VFX allow - 3ds Max, Cinema4D, After effects and then all the renderers. Anyways i digress lol.

Yes, this was the worry for me.  Plugins generally encourage development within the app.  with them closing that off and not supplying equivalent capabilities within the app, I knew the end was coming, for me anyways.  I enjoy the "cinema experience" for my movies.

Gaevonn
9 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

just finishing up a new plugin and then I’ll hopefully get onto VP to really tidy it up. But IntroSkip plugin looks like we will need to do some work quickly on that because the core team are moving fast and we need to align with them

awesome.  when you do these updates, should they automatically download?  I manually downloaded the dll you posted here last time.  Also, i have been reading up on the IntroSkip.  It seems to be like the netflix option and recent plex option, but I like that you will build out the chapters if they are not present, or fix when no not enough.  I enjoy the Skipping the show intro when i am binging.  Good luck on getting that out.

crusher11
On 5/11/2022 at 6:09 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

I'm trying to think of other use cases here not just yours.  So whats the best way to cover all scenarios.

So a wild card option could be to have a user enter the string(text) in the UI Config, i can then check against that string and if the embeddedTitle contains the users string we are a match and will play the bumper matching the UI String.  We could also have comma seperated strings in the UI, so it would look to match multiple criteria.

That would work i think.

This would work well with Dolby Vision and Atmos with your MediaInfo plugin, too. 

• Agree 1

rbjtech
10 hours ago, crusher11 said:

This would work well with Dolby Vision and Atmos with your MediaInfo plugin, too. 

@Cheesegeezer is writing these codecs as Tag's (optional) - so it should be easy to invoke a DV or Atmos trailer based off these etc .. :)

• Like 1

rbjtech
1 hour ago, crusher11 said:

Isn't it rewriting track names?

It's doing both - but it's optional.

I believe cheese is now adding a 3rd option to just modify the emby database only - do not modify the MKV.

These will all be options - we believe in giving the user the choice on what to do .. ;)

crusher11

Well my point is, if it's editing track names (which I've been doing manually anyway), then it would work perfectly with VP adding bumpers for track names.

With tags, it doesn't know which track you're playing - and maybe not even which version if it's a multi-versioned 4KHDR/2KSDR item.

Cheesegeezer
On 04/06/2022 at 12:17, Spaceboy said:

hoping now mediainfo has been signed off VP may get some love again

I broke MediaInfo with my last update hahahah… but good and proper and I can’t find the bug!!

Anyways I’m gonna clean VP right up and get this shiz down bro.

we can setup a VP testing PM and invite all you guys in, so we can get it working intuitively and how users feel it should work(for the most part)

In order for me to know who wants in please reply and ill get it set up. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1