Vantage Point Issues & Bugs Thread

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer
5 minutes ago, CassTG said:

Hi yes I can do this in the morning got distracted with a server overhaul.

For info they are the same mp4 files that played fine a few betas ago and the path is correct.

Thanks will wait for your log.

CassTG

In addition to the log I sent. I updated to .38 after I sent the log. And this morning it started working however as you mentioned it now randomly plays any of the tagged videos where as before it used to play the correct video based on the tag I assigned

Cheesegeezer
4 hours ago, CassTG said:

In addition to the log I sent. I updated to .38 after I sent the log. And this morning it started working however as you mentioned it now randomly plays any of the tagged videos where as before it used to play the correct video based on the tag I assigned

Thanks cass, i'll get reinstating this shortly.

Thanks

Cheesegeezer

So I have nearly sorted the audio, video and tag issues.  They are added to the introplay list but for some reason are not playing, a couple of things to figure out here!

image.png.0d426cfe095b28da1ad2d070faa4ba62.png

But here is something cool that the Brits might like.... not sure how it works for foreigners (MPAA, FSK, AUS) - if you have the movie title displayed on your Rating Certification  However i've devised a way to dynamically insert the title into the BBFC Rating Slides.... All i need to do now is to work on the logic for when to use this and allow the user to enable it.  Here is a short video that shows the text slide, dynamically taking the movie input amending the image with the title and overwriting the original one. 

creating a movie from the jpg is childs play.    this is just using a test library.

Hope you like

• Like 2

Cheesegeezer

@CassTG  

Here is the latest update - Still Version 1.0.0.7. Can you please test this for codecs and tags.  

It's working for me on Windows, but i know it's important to you and i think you are Linux.  

Much appreciated.

VantagePoint.dll

• Thanks 1

Sammy
22 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

@CassTG  

Here is the latest update - Still Version 1.0.0.7. Can you please test this for codecs and tags.  

It's working for me on Windows, but i know it's important to you and i think you are Linux.  

Much appreciated.

VantagePoint.dll 520.5 kB · 0 downloads

This is slightly larger than the dll on page 6. Are there changes to test even though the version number hasn't changed?

Cheesegeezer
6 minutes ago, Sammy said:

This is slightly larger than the dll on page 6. Are there changes to test even though the version number hasn't changed?

As stated, the version is still the same and need to test for the codecs and tags are working.  It's slightly larger because i've added a heap of code for the adhoc title being inserted into the BBFC ratings, but i also need to finish that, hence the reason it's disabled for this release.

• Thanks 1

CassTG
5 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

@CassTG  

Much appreciated.

VantagePoint.dll 520.5 kB · 0 downloads

Hey

Thanks for that, i would love to test but one of my Google drives got nuked today and my backup 2 were constantly trying to sync and got api banned lol.

So alas i cannot test until tomorrow afternoon once the api ban is lifted

I apreciate it and will report back when i get a working system again

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
29 minutes ago, CassTG said:

Hey

Thanks for that, i would love to test but one of my Google drives got nuked today and my backup 2 were constantly trying to sync and got api banned lol.

So alas i cannot test until tomorrow afternoon once the api ban is lifted

I apreciate it and will report back when i get a working system again

Ouch!! Sorry to hear! Hope you get it all sorted soon 👍👍

Cheesegeezer
4 hours ago, crusher11 said:

Are you able to access track name and play something based off that? 

can you give me an example please

crusher11
5 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

can you give me an example please

I've got a "switch on Dolby Pro Logic" bumper for movies that are in matrixed 2.0 mono or 2.0 surround. At the moment I'm manually tagging each film, but then it applies even when I'm watching the commentary or a different, non-matrixed audio track. If it could read the track name, it would only display when actually required. 

Cheesegeezer

this is pretty much all the info we can return.  I'm still a little confused.  Could you post what you have from the library item screen as an example

Codec": "aac",
          "CodecTag": "mp4a",
          "Language": "und",
          "TimeBase": "1/48000",
          "DisplayTitle": "Und AAC 5.1 (Default)",
          "IsInterlaced": false,
          "ChannelLayout": "5.1",
          "BitRate": 384002,
          "Channels": 6,
          "SampleRate": 48000,
          "IsDefault": true,
          "IsForced": false,
          "Profile": "LC",
          "Type": "Audio",
          "Index": 1,
          "IsExternal": false,
          "IsTextSubtitleStream": false,
          "SupportsExternalStream": false,
          "Protocol": "File",
          "AttachmentSize": 0

image.png.f6770bdad01e07f823352b025e0144ac.png

Cheesegeezer

So we could use the embedded Title to play the bumper.  The bumper intro would need to be the same name as the embedded title, should be pretty easy to set up.  

Just wondering how i can test on my end.  and how to make an embedded title.

crusher11

MKVToolnix.

Are wildcards an option? If it requires an exact match I'd need a bumper for every codec, but if it's just any title that has "2.0 Mono" in it, that's less fiddly. Doable either way though, if that's too much. 

Cheesegeezer
8 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

MKVToolnix.

Are wildcards an option? If it requires an exact match I'd need a bumper for every codec, but if it's just any title that has "2.0 Mono" in it, that's less fiddly. Doable either way though, if that's too much. 

I'm trying to think of other use cases here not just yours.  So whats the best way to cover all scenarios.

So a wild card option could be to have a user enter the string(text) in the UI Config, i can then check against that string and if the embeddedTitle contains the users string we are a match and will play the bumper matching the UI String.  We could also have comma seperated strings in the UI, so it would look to match multiple criteria.

That would work i think.

Cheesegeezer

I'm gonna really have to rework the UI.... it's growing arms an legs like you wouldn't believe 🤣

Sammy
On 5/10/2022 at 4:01 AM, Cheesegeezer said:

So I have nearly sorted the audio, video and tag issues.  They are added to the introplay list but for some reason are not playing, a couple of things to figure out here!

image.png.0d426cfe095b28da1ad2d070faa4ba62.png

But here is something cool that the Brits might like.... not sure how it works for foreigners (MPAA, FSK, AUS) - if you have the movie title displayed on your Rating Certification  However i've devised a way to dynamically insert the title into the BBFC Rating Slides.... All i need to do now is to work on the logic for when to use this and allow the user to enable it.  Here is a short video that shows the text slide, dynamically taking the movie input amending the image with the title and overwriting the original one. 

creating a movie from the jpg is childs play.    this is just using a test library.

Hope you like

Does this only work on Windows Web Client? Will it be adjusted to not show the pop up of the Explorer File System in the future?

Cheesegeezer
8 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Does this only work on Windows Web Client? Will it be adjusted to not show the pop up of the Explorer File System in the future?

Sorry... does what work on Web client?

Sammy
11 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Sorry... does what work on Web client?

The last part of the post with the video.

20 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Cheesegeezer
5 minutes ago, Sammy said:

The last part of the post with the video.

this is not implemented yet, but will work on all clients.  I was just using the web interface.

7 minutes ago, Sammy said:

thats not a popup... that is me showing you that concept of it working. so i launch the video, the code creates the text on the jpg and then creates a 15s sec video of the slide.  it's just i hadn't coded the rest of it to tie in with VP intros.  But i have it all working now, albeit not perfect, so a little work to do before a release.

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer

@Sammy  where are you located or do you use BBFC ratings?

Sammy
23 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

@Sammy  where are you located or do you use BBFC ratings?

Southern California, U.S.A. We don't have those ratings. We have MPAA or whatever.