Vantage Point Issues & Bugs Thread

Cheesegeezer

You may just have to build against a newer beta nuget packages.

Cheesegeezer
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

You may just have to build against a newer beta nuget packages.

i tried that also..... 4.7.0.30 is the latest and that didn't help either. for both Server.Core and Common

I'll plug at it for a bit longer and then, go to plan B.  If anything does pop into your head, would be great to get some professional input. 

Cheers Luke.

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

i tried that also..... 4.7.0.30 is the latest and that didn't help either. for both Server.Core and Common

I'll plug at it for a bit longer and then, go to plan B.  If anything does pop into your head, would be great to get some professional input. 

Cheers Luke.

There is a newer one, it's just marked as pre-release so you need to check the box in visual studio to enable that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, Luke said:

There is a newer one, it's just marked as pre-release so you need to check the box in visual studio to enable that.

off i toddle lol 🤣 to give that a go..... god i hope it is jsut that!!!

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 1

Sammy
1 hour ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Cheers Luke.

What's Plan B?

Cheesegeezer
38 minutes ago, Sammy said:

What's Plan B?

Top secret innovation lol 😂 

Cheesegeezer
12 hours ago, Sammy said:

What's Plan B?

There are a couple of options, and the latest nuget didn't work to fix the issue.  

1. Just give you a folder to put what you want in and it picks a random intro to play, similar to all the other folders
  2. Get the codec info from the item's stored info rather than checking the currently playing stream and return the first video and audio codec properties.

Thinking about it, quite possibly option 1 could work better and split that down to audio and video folders too, so you could play a video intro first (Dolby Vision) and then a audio intro after the video (Dolby Atmos).

Then i could add in the option (tickbox) to use information from video container later on.

Cheesegeezer

Ok so i've knocked out the quick fix.  Dll file is at the bottom of this post. 

Drop this into EmbyServer/ProgramData/plugins and overwrite. Version is 1.0.0.7.   Make sure you restart emby server and test 

2 things for you to test at the moment is codec folder.  The way this works currently is it will just select a random video file in your codec folder now and play it.

The other thing to test, especially for you Mounteys and Yanks is the Ratings.  I think i have made this more robust now and have test with R and NR ratings and it's picking the correct ones now.

Can i ask that you turn on Debug logging in your Emby server Log settings please

Some progress is being made on the codec matching

image.thumb.png.eeeac3dbf35838afe5b0da4a83b1d69d.png

VantagePoint.dll

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, Sammy said:

There is no info in that log say it has found any files in a codec folder.  If you look at my log, you will see what it found in my folder.  Can you check that your link is correct in the setup please

Cheesegeezer
3 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Oops.. didn't save the settings.

hahahha, so there is also a problem between the chair and the computer? :D 

• Haha 1

Cheesegeezer
Just now, Sammy said:

We are not using ffmpeg at the moment to detect Sammy.  Please go back and read my original posts.

The only log i'm interested in is the emby-server one

Sammy

Randomly played dts-MA when file was DD as you previously indicated. Looks like it only needs a couple more lines of code but having several codec intros of the same type which are randomly picked each time would by nice as would having audio and video codecs both played. Nice work! Thanks for getting back to it!

Cheesegeezer
14 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Randomly played dts-MA when file was DD as you previously indicated. Looks like it only needs a couple more lines of code but having several codec intros of the same type which are randomly picked each time would by nice as would having audio and video codecs both played. Nice work! Thanks for getting back to it!

Thanks for testing.

so only things left is the

1. Ratings tested by canadians and americans - mainly but any other country is welcome too
  2. And trying to get the darn Local trailers working too, with the online ones.

Cheesegeezer

More Progress.

Fixed Playing of local trailers after online trailers.  

New plugin DLL Below same version, so as not to mess up the plugin catalogue numbering

Drop this into EmbyServer/ProgramData/plugins and overwrite. Version is 1.0.0.7.   Make sure you restart emby server and test 

3 things for you to test

1. Codec folder - Should be working.  The way this works currently is it will just select a random video file in your codec folder now and play it.  I'm working on implementing a better way to display video, audio.
  2. Ratings should play the correct Rating now.
  3. Local trailers (ones in the folder named "movieName-trailer.mp4")  will now select a random one and that after the online ones, this also respects if you have "only play unwatched trailers" enabled.

Should have a full solution for the codecs by the end of the weekend. 

I will need some testing and reports back before i release to the store again.  Thanks everyone

VantagePoint.dll

• Like 1

crusher11

I've never had an issue with ratings, I'm in Australia. Not sure if that's a relevant datapoint for you or not.

Cheesegeezer
25 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

I've never had an issue with ratings, I'm in Australia. Not sure if that's a relevant datapoint for you or not.

Yup… as i already stated, its the yanks and Canadians that have the issues. Because of the R and NR ratings, for some reason it was classing R as NR even tho the strings didn’t match. Same i guess with the Canadians on their rating system as they have C’s or something in all theirs.  Will wait for some feedback

Sammy

Yup… as i already stated, its the yanks and Canadians that have the issues. Because of the R and NR ratings, for some reason it was classing R as NR even tho the strings didn’t match. Same i guess with the Canadians on their rating system as they have C’s or something in all theirs.  Will wait for some feedback

I don't know if I have any NR material unless it is some sort of old movie or something. I'll look and see.

Cheesegeezer
On 11/04/2022 at 15:02, Nostradamus1973 said:

I just checked, the users have full access.

It's weird, certain pre-rolls work, and others don't with certain devices.

For now, I'm just using the one @Cheesegeezermade and all the devices are working; I can live with a one-trick-pony for a while until @Cheesegeezergets some free time to figure this one out.😁👍💪

On 11/04/2022 at 12:58, nomatches4mikey said:

If you're like me and you are having issues getting the online trailers to play, you may want to check the User Access settings to make sure the user can access the Trailers Channel.  After checking that off, they worked for me.

On 26/03/2022 at 22:49, fillidill said:

Actually no, I only have a path for the local trailers and nothing else. 

On 23/03/2022 at 19:18, MangaAddict said:

That’s a great workaround lol. I’ll consider doing that as well if it doesn’t get fixed. 

On 23/03/2022 at 18:44, CassTG said:

I just created a folder and added some trailers i just knocked up, Ticked Local trailers added the path.

Result - No Trailers played and also No Certificate bumpers played. Removed trailer link and the certs played again

HOWEVER

There is always a way around it lol so i just added the trailer path (no library just a hidden folder) to the Ads/Funnies section as i dont use that section and boom, random trailer plays and then the certificate preroll plays fine Obviously they could get the same trailer over and over lol however

Hi everyone, fixes have been completed.

See the post a couple up for fixes and a new dll for you to test.  

please note I’m working on the codecs currently and should have them working better than ever.

thanks for your patience 

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Thanks 2

CassTG

hi @CheesegeezerAdded new .dll and restarted emby

Placed the Codec path back in (i use tag based items i.e xtreme, banned, snowflake warnings etc but not video audio codecs) same issue as before, it does not play the tag based infocard video and also stops the official cert preroll video playback from starting and instead goes straight to the film

Never had an issue with R and NR being mixed up, mine have always played correctly and still do

Edited by CassTG
  • Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
37 minutes ago, CassTG said:

hi @CheesegeezerAdded new .dll and restarted emby

Placed the Codec path back in (i use tag based items i.e xtreme, banned, snowflake warnings etc but not video audio codecs) same issue as before, it does not play the tag based infocard video and also stops the official cert preroll video playback from starting and instead goes straight to the film

Never had an issue with R and NR being mixed up, mine have always played correctly and still do

Thanks Cass, that seems very strange, as it’s not looking for a match of anything at the moment, its literally just looking for any file in that path.  So either the format is not video or the link is incorrect. Can you please ensure debug logging is enabled, restart emby, play your movie and then send me the log, either here or in pm.

ive put a lot of logging into the code now. So i should be able to better understand what’s happening but it all in debug. 

thanks 

CassTG

Thanks Cass, that seems very strange, as it’s not looking for a match of anything at the moment, its literally just looking for any file in that path.  So either the format is not video or the link is incorrect. Can you please ensure debug logging is enabled, restart emby, play your movie and then send me the log, either here or in pm.

ive put a lot of logging into the code now. So i should be able to better understand what’s happening but it all in debug. 

thanks 

Hi yes I can do this in the morning got distracted with a server overhaul.

For info they are the same mp4 files that played fine a few betas ago and the path is correct.