Docker

Luke

Trapperjohn61
43 minutes ago, KMBanana said:

Speaking to docker generally and not Synology's implementation, "No".  

Docker containers are designed to be frequently discarded and entirely replaced.  This happens every time you update the container.  But your configs, databases, metadata, etc are stored on the host device filesystem and will persist through that process.  

Hi 

When an app is uninstalled are the files deleted? I understand as you say configs, database metadata is still there

So retrieving the new version of the container then stopping it and choosing reset then run it which updates it with the new container then any files of the old version of the container have been removed and replaced? Even ones that are not used in the new version of the container? So is it a directory delete if the container and then reinstalled?

Thank you,

bryan

amateurgod

To add to what KMbanana said, if Synology works anything like portainer, if you tell it to delete persistent volumes then it will wipe all data as it deletes the volume that all your server data is stored in so make sure when you are deleting the container that you dont have that option enabled 

Trapperjohn61
14 minutes ago, KMBanana said:

None of the infected files will be deleted, those were stored by the attacker where they will persist.  You need to remove the files manually.

I don't use synology so I can't really help with that, but there is a synology specific subforum here you can try.  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/153-synology/

Well with the replies looks like I need to access the files using ssh. I can get in with admin access but I am not able to find the files to delete them I was able to get to the Docker area and saw the containers listed with no actual names but a bunch of letters and numbers and can access other containers but the Emby one says no directory found even though I copy and paste the name.

I wish there was a way to search for the file and then delete them.

It hank you,

bryan

• 4 weeks later...
sweetsuicide

Hi,

I'm really sorry if I wasn't able to find the solutions to my issues scouring the internet, but I installed Docker Engine on my new Debian 12 box. I think the integrated gpu on my pc is good enough for transcoding (Jasperlake). I installed vainfo and everything seems to be working.

But when I run the following command:

docker run -d \
    --name embyserver \
    --volume /home/xxxx/.config/emby:/config
    --volume /media/xxxxxxx2:/mnt/share1
    --volume /media/xxxxxxxx:/mnt/share2
    --net=host
    --device /dev/dri:/dev/dri
    --gpus all
    --publish 8096:8096
    --publish 8920:8920
    --env UID=9999
    --env GID=999
    --env GIDLIST=909,9099
    --restart on-failure
    emby/embyserver:latest

I get the following errors:

WARNING: Published ports are discarded when using host network mod

and

docker: Error response from daemon: could not select device driver "" with capabilities: [[gpu]].

I made sure to check for the correct GIDs in the list, but still if I try to load localhost:8096 nothing's there.

I will try to explore in more depth the logging capabilities of both docker and the emby docker image, but at the moment, I'm stuck.

Thanks to everyone for their support

amateurgod
8 minutes ago, sweetsuicide said:

Hi,

I'm really sorry if I wasn't able to find the solutions to my issues scouring the internet, but I installed Docker Engine on my new Debian 12 box. I think the integrated gpu on my pc is good enough for transcoding (Jasperlake). I installed vainfo and everything seems to be working.

and

I made sure to check for the correct GIDs in the list, but still if I try to load localhost:8096 nothing's there.

I will try to explore in more depth the logging capabilities of both docker and the emby docker image, but at the moment, I'm stuck.

Your using the host network and not a bridge network so you don't need to publish ports between the bridge and host.

The GPU I can't help you with.

Q-Droid
30 minutes ago, sweetsuicide said:
30 minutes ago, sweetsuicide said:

--env UID=9999
    --env GID=999
    --env GIDLIST=909,9099

Are you sure that you're using the correct UID, GID and supplementary GID? None of those values look typical.

sweetsuicide
43 minutes ago, amateurgod said:

Your using the host network and not a bridge network so you don't need to publish ports between the bridge and host.

The GPU I can't help you with.

Thank you very much!

I was convinced that the command in https://hub.docker.com/r/emby/embyserver/

was a monolithic one, not a selection of parameters to choose from.

Removed the "host" option and the "--gpus" all options (the comment says it's for nvidia cards) and the docker went up!

sweetsuicide
23 minutes ago, Q-Droid said:

Are you sure that you're using the correct UID, GID and supplementary GID? None of those values look typical.

I changed them when publishing the command. The UIDs, GIDs and supplementary GIDs are correct (in the version I actually use).

I had to give up on the "host" option and the "gpus all" option and the docker is up.

By the way, this is my first install and I'm wondering if for media repositories wouldn't make more sense to use --bind mounts, as, from what I understand, the .nfo files written by emby should remain on the docker volume portion of memory. This is what I understood by reading around, so, please feel free to correct me!

Thank to everybody, by the way!

Q-Droid
10 minutes ago, sweetsuicide said:

I changed them when publishing the command. The UIDs, GIDs and supplementary GIDs are correct (in the version I actually use).

I had to give up on the "host" option and the "gpus all" option and the docker is up.

By the way, this is my first install and I'm wondering if for media repositories wouldn't make more sense to use --bind mounts, as, from what I understand, the .nfo files written by emby should remain on the docker volume portion of memory. This is what I understood by reading around, so, please feel free to correct me!

Thank to everybody, by the way!

You're on the right track then. For normal usage I don't know of any advantage bind mounts would have over the simpler docker volumes. You DO want to make sure that all of the server and media related data are on persistent host storage and not in the container. Mapping /config takes care of most of that but if you decide to add/change custom paths then make sure they are also mapped within or in addition to existing volumes.

• Thanks 1

D34DC3N73R
On 6/26/2023 at 7:46 AM, sweetsuicide said:

Hi,

and

--gpus all
this is for separate GPU cards, not integrated graphics. 

--device /dev/dri:/dev/dri
this is the proper way to pass through integrated graphics.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
xiaolulu

I am using the pve system, the cpu is Intel N6000, and the docker EMBY container installed on it, but it cannot be hard-solvable? I have appended video and render GID to gidlist referring to emby settings on docker hub, but still can't enable hardware acceleration.

On 8/15/2023 at 1:44 AM, xiaolulu said:

I am using the pve system, the cpu is Intel N6000, and the docker EMBY container installed on it, but it cannot be hard-solvable? I have appended video and render GID to gidlist referring to emby settings on docker hub, but still can't enable hardware acceleration.

Hi, how exactly have you configured your docker run command?

T_Tronix

Is there instructions on how to use Emby via Proxmox, I've installed it on there but have no clue how to see the GUI interface. I'm a totaly new to proxmox, I did a backup of my Emby when it was on windows, can I get these backups into Proxmox?

On 8/20/2023 at 10:01 PM, T_Tronix said:

Is there instructions on how to use Emby via Proxmox, I've installed it on there but have no clue how to see the GUI interface. I'm a totaly new to proxmox, I did a backup of my Emby when it was on windows, can I get these backups into Proxmox?

Can you share the windows folder over the network and then access it in Proxmox?

T_Tronix

I decided to format my drives to EXT4 since I'll probably be using ProxMox from now on (moved the movies to another drive and then back to these EXT4's, long process but future proof).

Then followed a youtube video to mount these into Emby. 

• Thanks 1

xiaolulu
On 2023/8/18 at AM2点27分, Luke said:

您好,请问您的 docker run 命令具体是如何配置的?

I'm sorry I'm replying to you now because I thought I'd be notified by email when I received a reply, so I didn't see it in time. My command to deploy docker is docker run --network=bridge -p 8096:8096 -p 8920:8920 -p 1901:1901/udp -p 7359:7359/udp -v /volume1/docker/emby/config:/config -v /volume2/PT:/data -v /volume4/KODI:/data2 -e TZ=Asia/Shanghai --device /dev/dri:/dev/dri -e UID=0 -e GID=0 -e GIDLIST =44 -e GIDLIST=104 --restart always --name emby -d lovechen/embyserver:latest

On 8/27/2023 at 3:25 AM, xiaolulu said:

I'm sorry I'm replying to you now because I thought I'd be notified by email when I received a reply, so I didn't see it in time. My command to deploy docker is docker run --network=bridge -p 8096:8096 -p 8920:8920 -p 1901:1901/udp -p 7359:7359/udp -v /volume1/docker/emby/config:/config -v /volume2/PT:/data -v /volume4/KODI:/data2 -e TZ=Asia/Shanghai --device /dev/dri:/dev/dri -e UID=0 -e GID=0 -e GIDLIST =44 -e GIDLIST=104 --restart always --name emby -d lovechen/embyserver:latest

Did you try incorporating the gpu guidance from our docker guide?

https://hub.docker.com/r/emby/embyserver

On 8/31/2023 at 11:04 AM, xiaolulu said:

I just refer to your configuration to deploy docker, if there is any error, please point out and I will try to modify it

Did you look at the docker run command in the document that I linked to?

xiaolulu
10 hours ago, Luke said:

您是否查看了我链接到的文档中的 docker run 命令?

Yes I refer to the network address you gave docker run command

Q-Droid
On 8/27/2023 at 3:25 AM, xiaolulu said:

That is not the official Emby docker image.

Q-Droid
2 hours ago, xiaolulu said:

Is there any difference between this and whether it is official?

That's just it, the Emby devs don't know if there are differences in the images from other sources and that could complicate their troubleshooting.

If you're using Proxmox VM then you'll have to resolve iGPU passthrough first.