Docker

Luke

amateurgod
18 minutes ago, Q-Droid said:

Hmmm. Have you tried different caching options? When you say "partial" or better you mean higher level/more caching? I wonder how the kernel change notifications are tied to mergerfs caching levels. I don't know what else you're using this server for but since media is not exactly a high perf, high IOPS application is there any real benefit to caching in FUSE. I haven't used it though I do find it interesting that you had inotify working which contradicts all of the literature I've found for mergerfs.

Another thing - is the runtime user for the emby container the same one that was running the bare metal installation? If you had tweaked your mergerfs mounts to where the old emby user was working but running the container by a different one that might also be a factor.

I use mergerFS mainly for Sonarr etc to have all my drives in one mount point, I could probably change emby around so that emby is pointed at each mount point individualy instead of at the merger. 

I just don't understand why the RTM would work bare metal but not in docker, unless it's something to do with how emby is seeing the merger changing now that it's containerised, however I don't see why it would see it any differenty when I assigned the docker container environment variables with the UID and GID of the user that emby was running as before 

Q-Droid
21 minutes ago, amateurgod said:

I use mergerFS mainly for Sonarr etc to have all my drives in one mount point, I could probably change emby around so that emby is pointed at each mount point individualy instead of at the merger. 

I just don't understand why the RTM would work bare metal but not in docker, unless it's something to do with how emby is seeing the merger changing now that it's containerised, however I don't see why it would see it any differenty when I assigned the docker container environment variables with the UID and GID of the user that emby was running as before 

I'm out of ideas so if you do get it figured out please share. There are many in the community who have tried to get this working over the years.

• 2 weeks later...
hapylestat
On 1/22/2023 at 7:42 PM, Q-Droid said:

I'm out of ideas so if you do get it figured out please share. There are many in the community who have tried to get this working over the years.

well - mergerFS is an userspace FUSE FS, while docker and any another containerization/virtualization working only with kernel level FS (coz docker, podman etc. use kernel for IO/process/network separation and kernel have no idea about your userspace FUSE stuff)

Sandro1982
On 1/22/2023 at 2:14 PM, amateurgod said:

I don't use deluge however when I was running emby bare metal, "cache.files=auto-full" worked for me for the RTM, when I'm back home at my PC I'll SSH into the server and share my full mergerFS settings for you as they all worked for me for RTM when I was running baremetal, I also had to increase my max watch instances and max watch users but you shouldn't need to do that unless you have a large library with a lot of files to watch 

I have a library of 4,000 movies and 25,000 episodes of TV series. So I wanted to see how to configure these things. 

• 2 weeks later...
jaycedk

Im having a strange problem.

Some how the docker timezone is set to -e TZ="Europe/Paris"

And my server is set to Europe/Copenhagen which is ok same time.

But if i open the docker console and look at time and date, it comes out "Thu Feb 16 16:58:18 UTC 2023 "

What am i doing wrong ?

Its not fun to expect to watch a recording from last night, where the recording a hour late, and not what you expected.  

Edited by jaycedk

Q-Droid
7 hours ago, jaycedk said:

Im having a strange problem.

Some how the docker timezone is set to -e TZ="Europe/Paris"

And my server is set to Europe/Copenhagen which is ok same time.

But if i open the docker console and look at time and date, it comes out "Thu Feb 16 16:58:18 UTC 2023 "

What am i doing wrong ?

Its not fun to expect to watch a recording from last night, where the recording a hour late, and not what you expected.  

I see the same thing in my beta container shell but the timestamps in the Emby log files are correct and match my server local time. The UTC time is also right so Emby must be picking up the correct offset. My guess is that this is fine, just that the shell doesn't reflect the location.

Are the Emby times and schedules not right? Did you try changing the container TZ value to Copenhagen? I tested adding a bind mount to /etc/localtime but that didn't change anything for me.

jaycedk

Yes i have tried to change the tz to Copenhagen.

And time in logs are off by 1 hour.

I will look again in the tv schedules, and see if they are off by 1 hour too.

When i get off work. 

Q-Droid

I would check your other containers for inconsistencies to make sure it's not docker. Maybe binding to your host /etc/localtime can fix the offset. Mine is aligned so it had no effect. The container image default is UTC. 

jaycedk

lol I have found my error, and its mine alone.

-e TZ="Europe/Copenhagen

should be 

-e TZ="Europe/Copenhagen"

Forgot the " in the end 🤐

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Darkseidd

how do you load emby beta into docker?

im using docker on portainer, on omv6

On 3/21/2023 at 4:07 PM, kbijvank said:

If Docker-Hub is not possible in the future you can try ghcr.io

We're staying on Docker Hub, so there won't be any disruption.

• 3 weeks later...
Darkseidd

h iwant to ask

just purchased intelnuc and installed omv6 on it, then docker+portainer+remotemount plugin

upon deploying stack, portainer shows embyserver (beta) running for few second before it show "exited" status.

may i know if there's any issue on my docker compose? and how to teoubleshoot this

version: "2.3"
services:
  emby:
    image: emby/embyserver:beta
    container_name: embyserver
#   runtime: nvidia # Expose NVIDIA GPUs
#   network_mode: host # Enable DLNA and Wake-on-Lan
    environment:
      - UID=1000 # The UID to run emby as (default: 2)
      - GID=100 # The GID to run emby as (default 2)
      - GIDLIST=100 # A comma-separated list of additional GIDs to run emby as (default: 2)
      - TZ=Asia/Singapore
    volumes:
#     - /path/to/programdata:/config # Configuration directory
#     - /path/to/tvshows:/mnt/share1 # Media directory
#     - /path/to/movies:/mnt/share2 # Media directory
      - /srv/remotemount/whiteSSD-remote/AppConfig/emby-beta:/config
      - /srv/remotemount/toshibaHDD-remote:/toshibaHDD
      - /srv/remotemount/whiteHDD-remote:/whiteHDD
      - /srv/remotemount/blackHDD-remote:/blackHDD
      - /srv/remotemount/redHDD-remote:/redHDD
      - /srv/remotemount/purpleHDD-remote:/purpleHDD
      - /srv/remotemount/blueHDD-remote:/blueHDD
    ports:
      - 8096:8096 # HTTP port
      - 8920:8920 # HTTPS port
    devices:
      - /dev/dri:/dev/dri # VAAPI/NVDEC/NVENC render nodes
#     - /dev/vchiq:/dev/vchiq # MMAL/OMX on Raspberry Pi
    restart: on-failure

issue..?

jaycedk

It looks like you have commented network out.

#   network_mode: host # Enable DLNA and Wake-on-Lan

Remove the # in front :D

Darkseidd
2 hours ago, jaycedk said:

Here is a guide.

this applied for Intel QuickSync too?

EDIT. got it working. added render and video id to GIDLIST

Edited by Darkseidd
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
spongebob69

Could I be affected by latest hacker attack If I am using Emby in docker?

I could not log in today and had to recreate container with the 4.7.12 version and now it works. 

Should I do any steps to fix my Emby?

Trapperjohn61

Hi,

If I install the update over the excising version of emby in docker of course doing a reset in docker of emby then download new version then run will that delete the files involved in the security breach?

If not if I delete emby in Docker and reinstall emby new version will that delete the files involved in the security breach?

Does deleting a package in docker remove the whole app directory?

I ask this since it has been very hard to access the file directories of the apps I have running in docker on synology.

Thank you for your help,

Bryan

KMBanana

Speaking to docker generally and not Synology's implementation, "No".  

Docker containers are designed to be frequently discarded and entirely replaced.  This happens every time you update the container.  But your configs, databases, metadata, etc are stored on the host device filesystem and will persist through that process.  

• Agree 1