Docker

Luke

1 hour ago, lightsout said:

On unraid I see three different Emby Docker versions. Is there anywhere that mentions the merits of each?

What three?

Maybe they mean the 'official', and the copied.  Personally I go with the official - makes it easier to get suport from the emby devs.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I am using unraid as my home server and have a years old Docker from Emby running (linuxserver repo). But it is on beta version and I want to switch to the original repository from you and down to 4.7 stable.

How can I migrate without losing all users, settings, metadata and libraries? To have as little impact and manual effort as possible?

Thanks in advance!

On 9/9/2023 at 7:34 PM, Luke said:

What three?

Just three different repositories with added variables for easy use of, for example nvidia transcoding etc.

KMBanana
7 hours ago, pappaq said:

I am using unraid as my home server and have a years old Docker from Emby running (linuxserver repo). But it is on beta version and I want to switch to the original repository from you and down to 4.7 stable.

How can I migrate without losing all users, settings, metadata and libraries? To have as little impact and manual effort as possible?

Thanks in advance!

Downgrading isn't officially supported and you are VERY likely to run into issues when doing so.  I would wait until 4.8 official is released and try to switch from beta to official branch then, before any 4.9 update starts being tested on the beta branch.  Make sure to make a backup before you try.  I'd also make a backup of your current state now to have as well in case a 4.9 does appear on beta before you switch.  

• 1 month later...
xxAmigoxx

can not delete movie from emby interface. 

environment:
      - UMASK=0000
      - PUID=1000
      - PGID=1000
1000 is the Pid and uid of the  owner of the media folder 

Q-Droid
2 hours ago, xxAmigoxx said:

can not delete movie from emby interface. 

environment:
      - UMASK=0000
      - PUID=1000
      - PGID=1000
1000 is the Pid and uid of the  owner of the media folder 

In your example the UMASK only applies to files and directories created by PUID 1000 and does nothing to grant permissions on existing files and directories owned by others.

For permissions on existing files and directories start here:

xxAmigoxx
2 hours ago, Q-Droid said:

In your example the UMASK only applies to files and directories created by PUID 1000 and does nothing to grant permissions on existing files and directories owned by others.

For permissions on existing files and directories start here:

your comment does not solve my problem , i sm using emby docker by emby and I cant delete a movie from the emby interface . all files are created or owned by he same user ( uid 1000) 

image.png.cd0617097d99e07273061de05d2e6eb9.png

Edited by xxAmigoxx

alucryd

The file itself must also have w permissions for the 1000 user. If that's the case and it still doesn't work, it could be that you're mounting the volume as read-only in docker, or on the host itself, or something like SELinux or AppArmor could be interfering depending on your distribution. You can try disabling the one you have, if any, then look for a better way to give enough permissions without disabling the thing if it works.

xxAmigoxx
12 minutes ago, alucryd said:

The file itself must also have w permissions for the 1000 user. If that's the case and it still doesn't work, it could be that you're mounting the volume as read-only in docker, or on the host itself, or something like SELinux or AppArmor could be interfering depending on your distribution. You can try disabling the one you have, if any, then look for a better way to give enough permissions without disabling the thing if it works.

im using debian.  should I just give 777?  or 666? 

• 3 weeks later...
cool0007

How can I disable the hardware scanning process on the server? It runs constantly and consumes system resources. I have to kill this process in the server control panel, otherwise it takes forever. I am attaching the log.

I don't need hardware transcoding!

Thank you!

_Webmin2_105.thumb.jpg.bcab1ca432c561252ff545cb4e3f2c5d.jpg

Monosnap_Webmin2.thumb.jpg.db0230f021e3886dbf820252711cad93.jpg

CasaOS-GoogleChrome2023-12-1610_37.3.thumb.jpg.c6f6ecbf23ddf65c15f43a87d5c318fe.jpg

hardware_detection-63838304939.zip

Edited by cool0007

Q-Droid

That looks like the media scan and not related to hardware transcoding. It's identifying and collecting metadata for your media which can take a long time for very big libraries. The hardware detection runs on Emby server startup and takes seconds to complete.

hapylestat

It is media library scan, as it states.  How long it executes?   

The screenshoot  mention 24 secs of CPU time for the Emby process

Edited by hapylestat

• 1 month later...
Wayne33

I went to check a system log and discovered all my logs (plus alerts and activities) are all showing date and time as 01/01/1970 10:00:00. What have I done or need to change to fix this? My system time is correct.

51 minutes ago, Wayne33 said:

I went to check a system log and discovered all my logs (plus alerts and activities) are all showing date and time as 01/01/1970 10:00:00. What have I done or need to change to fix this? My system time is correct.

That's what the dotnet runtime thinks the system time is, so I would check the timezone of the docker container.

Wayne33
2 hours ago, Luke said:

That's what the dotnet runtime thinks the system time is, so I would check the timezone of the docker container.

Thanks for the quick response. I couldn't see any timezone settings in the docker so I deleted and reinstalled. When reinstalling I could see my correct timezone was used. The date is still 1970 within Emby but when I download and read a log the date in the log is correct. Is there something else I can try?

46 minutes ago, Wayne33 said:

Thanks for the quick response. I couldn't see any timezone settings in the docker so I deleted and reinstalled. When reinstalling I could see my correct timezone was used. The date is still 1970 within Emby but when I download and read a log the date in the log is correct. Is there something else I can try?

HI, please see if this helps: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24551592/how-to-make-sure-dockers-time-syncs-with-that-of-the-host

• 2 weeks later...
lightsout

Anyone been able to upgrade to 4.8 on Docker/Unraid? The dashboard shows that there is an update, but I can get it to come up in docker. Using the official Emby image with this tag in the template "emby/embyserver:latest"

Q-Droid

The latest tag for the LSIO image references the new stable release 4.8.0(.80).

The latest tag for the Emby official image references the old stable release 4.7.14.

lightsout
27 minutes ago, KMBanana said:

They don't push every server version out at the same time, docker is usually up within a day or two.  You can see what versions are pushed out on the official docker image here.  https://hub.docker.com/r/emby/embyserver/tags

I'm not exactly sure how to interpret that but it seems like it says it's out? Oh well I don't need to complicate things it will come when it does