embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

The reason why some recordings are not visible in Kodi is because it is  specified as a movie and therefore only visible under "Emby: Recordings (Movies)"

Not sure why this is and why not all my recordings are visible under just Recordings. If they can be put together my issue would be solved.

I do not see those libraries when I want to add them to my widget.

The delete option is working again for me, there was a something not right in my keymap.xml

Capture_823.jpg

Capture_824.jpg

kodi.log

Capture_826.jpg

Capture_827.jpg

Capture_828.jpg

Edited by heula

quickmic
1 hour ago, heula said:

The reason why some recordings are not visible in Kodi is because it is  specified as a movie and therefore only visible under "Emby: Recordings (Movies)"

Not sure why this is and why not all my recordings are visible under just Recordings. If they can be put together my issue would be solved.

Not possible due to Kodi limitations. 🙄 Kodi has no such thing as "mixed"

quickmic
42 minutes ago, alazabe said:

I'll try to fix it in next version. Actually just the loghandler raised the issue, not the sync code. You are using special characters in the filepathes, this is were the issue comes from.

9 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I'll try to fix it in next version. Actually just the loghandler raised the issue, not the sync code. You are using special characters in the filepathes, this is were the issue comes from.

Thanks 

I would like suggest feature 

Why not use the method that google addon & netflix addon use ? 

genrate .Strm files to folders ,so kodi will scan it as local files and we can use kodi media manger apps like tiny media manger and ember manger ?

Edited by alazabe

quickmic
6 minutes ago, alazabe said:

Thanks 

I would like suggest feature 

Why not use the method that google addon & netflix addon use ? 

genrate .Strm files to folders ,so kodi will scan it as local files and we can use kodi media manger apps like tiny media manger and ember manger ?

Long story short, Kodi has massive problems with content detection for strm files. 4.x used kind of this approach. Therefore very nasty workarounds were added in 4.x which results in poor performance especially with widgets.

Counter proposal, use Kodi 19 and all these issues will be gone. Kodi 18 uses python 2.X which has massive issues with unicode and is also end of life , Kodi 19 uses python 3.x were these problems are solved.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

New version available 6.0.6 build 45 (ex6):

delta changelog:

- studio info fixed
- cast fixed
- rating fixed
- fix progress report when playing native Kodi content
- fix for musicvideo progress
- fix unicode loghandler issue

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

misterkoat

I've tried

1: v6.0.4 but it keeps losing connection to the server after short a while. Playback will continue or start even after "Unable to connect to Emby error". Music playback doesn't work from the server end. The files will play on Kodi as music but on emby dashboard it will show the last played episode playing. After the song ends, the episode appears on continue watching.

2: v6.0.6 the music problem persists from the previous version. also music widgets from the addon nodes have no content whether on the skin or directly in the addon.

misterkoat
Just now, misterkoat said:

I've tried

1: v6.0.4 but it keeps losing connection to the server after short a while. Playback will continue or start even after "Unable to connect to Emby error". Music playback doesn't work from the server end. The files will play on Kodi as music but on emby dashboard it will show the last played episode playing. After the song ends, the episode appears on continue watching.

2: v6.0.6 the music problem persists from the previous version. also music widgets from the addon nodes have no content whether on the skin or directly in the addon.

1: v6.0.4 build 17 ex12

2: v6.0.6 build 13 ex2

I'm on Windows 10, Kodi 19.1, Native Paths.

quickmic

Connection losses should be solved by the last two versions.

14 minutes ago, misterkoat said:

Please elaborate on that. Is it working via plugin menu? Cause actually, the menu uses the generated custom nodes. If it's also not working there, nodes have a problem, if working fine, your custom skin config has a problem.

Edited by quickmic

46 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Not possible due to Kodi limitations. 🙄 Kodi has no such thing as "mixed"

Emby took for this serie the wrong metadata. I changed it and now it is seen as a serie.

Tonight this serie will be recorded and I have seen earlier that it was recorded into a different new added folder. I will see what happens tonight and let you know.

• Agree 1

misterkoat
22 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Connection losses should be solved by the last two versions.

Please elaborate on that. Is it working via plugin menu? Cause actually, the menu uses the generated custom nodes. If it's also not working there, nodes have a problem, if working fine, your custom skin config has a problem.

it's not working anywhere. let me test the latest version and see if this fixes it.

35 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Long story short, Kodi has massive problems with content detection for strm files. 4.x used kind of this approach. Therefore very nasty workarounds were added in 4.x which results in poor performance especially with widgets.

Counter proposal, use Kodi 19 and all these issues will be gone. Kodi 18 uses python 2.X which has massive issues with unicode and is also end of life , Kodi 19 uses python 3.x were these problems are solved.

That the reason i asked for .strm files to use kodi media manger apps to add the artwork and trailers 

kodi 19 dont have addon that add artworks to kodi or kodi cache

so right now i use kodi 18.9 becuase artwork beef addon

since it add artworks to kodi cache

and its my friend server 

misterkoat
9 minutes ago, misterkoat said:

it's not working anywhere. let me test the latest version and see if this fixes it.

it doesn't. music playback still ignored by the server. Playback is not being shown on the dashboard, and playcounts are not changing, obviously. This is a bit serious.

quickmic
2 minutes ago, misterkoat said:

it doesn't. music playback still ignored by the server. Playback is not being shown on the dashboard, and playcounts are not changing, obviously. This is a bit serious.

Is it not playing, or is just not updating infos on emby server? Native mode or addon mode? please send me a kodi.log

misterkoat
1 minute ago, quickmic said:

Is it not playing, or is just not updating infos on emby server? Native mode or addon mode? please send me a kodi.log

kodi wil play the files alright but the server seems to not "notice".

Windows 10, Kodi 19.1, Native mode, Titan Bingie Mod.

quickmic
11 minutes ago, misterkoat said:

I'll check it.

Sinnedyam
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

New version available 6.0.6 build 45 (ex6):

delta changelog:

- studio info fixed
- cast fixed
- rating fixed
- fix progress report when playing native Kodi content
- fix for musicvideo progress
- fix unicode loghandler issue

OMG your name is program. You are very quick! 

I have checked the new build, but unfortunately the cast problem isn't completely fixed. It is working with movies, but not with series

This is from 5.3.4

Zwischenablage02.jpg.a84ea1b5bb0eab698b2e0c1da2a9d088.jpg

and this from 6.0.6 build 45 (ex6)

Zwischenablage01.jpg.d73f1b7ac042e11e01ac5df28e082e6c.jpg

• Like 1

quickmic
4 minutes ago, Sinnedyam said:

I have checked the new build, but unfortunately the cast problem isn't completely fixed. It is working with movies, but not with series

This is from 5.3.4

I'll check it.

quickmic
30 minutes ago, misterkoat said:

Found the problem, will be fixed in next version.

quickmic
20 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I'll check it.

25 minutes ago, Sinnedyam said:

This is from 5.3.4

Found the problem, will be fixed in next version.

• Like 1

Gizzmo80

Hi, 

want to report that with Version 6.0.6 build 45 (ex6) the following is working for me again:

> browsing movies and selecting one movie now brings me to the info, like I have setup KODI. The releases before the setting seemed to be ignored and started the movie directly

> the cast now seems loaded directly with the first sync and is shown for all movies and series. 

But now the short delay for changing the cast when switching between movies is delayed around 3-5 seconds. This is not only for new movies were the cast was never downloaded before. This is all the time. The cast of the last movie stays for around 3-5 seconds and than switches to the right one of the selected movie. If this was downloaded before all show up together, if not you see that one after the other gets loaded. 

In the last 6.0.6 xxx versions, I don't know when the cast was loaded, but when it happened the behaviour was different. When I was selecting an other movie the cast of the next movie was shown faster, so without this 3-5 second delay. 

• Agree 1