embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

Riggs
20 hours ago, quickmic said:

Not sure, but seems Kodi has also some HDR limitations.

Thanks for the answer.

Going to investigate and let you now what I found.

Thank you 👍

quickmic
3 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Thanks for the answer.

Thank you 👍

Also you can play the same file native in Kodi. You should experiance the same issue.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

BaukeZwart
12 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Thanks for the answer.

Thank you 👍

Are you using Kodi 18 or 19? From what I have read Kodi 19 should be able to handle HDR content. 

GavinCampbell
8 hours ago, quickmic said:

Kodi user, or Emby user?

I'll try to collect a log, not sure if I can though or if it gets reset between profiles.

But I have 3 kodi profiles.  Each of them are associated with a specific profile on the Emby server.

When I log in for the first time it respects the whitelists in the sync.json.  However if I log out and in again on another profile, the whitelists on the 2nd profile gets overwritten with the whitelists from the first profile.  This then causes libraries in common to be set as dynamic or errors to be thrown for libraries mentioned that that profile doesn't have access too.

It doesn't make sense as switching profiles should technically restart the e4k all together so it should start from fresh every time you login.  But this could be a kodi profile issue.

Riggs
57 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

Are you using Kodi 18 or 19? From what I have read Kodi 19 should be able to handle HDR content. 

Matrix

Yes it does but not where is on 1080p just 4K

Edited by Riggs

markdj
On 3/30/2021 at 8:24 AM, quickmic said:

@markdj

I just checked your log again. Have you installed the experimental version from post 1 of this thread. NOT the beta which is also on post 1?

It does seem to be fixed, nice 👍🏼 But I do notice that Emby server doesn’t always seem to track what I’m watching now (in the dashboard) but Trakt does still track what I’ve seen somehow. No big deal but I guess it must be a bug?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, markdj said:

It does seem to be fixed, nice 👍🏼 But I do notice that Emby server doesn’t always seem to track what I’m watching now (in the dashboard) but Trakt does still track what I’ve seen somehow. No big deal but I guess it must be a bug?

Hi, example?

markdj
Just now, Luke said:

Hi, example?

I’ve watched several movies and episodes today and they’re marked as seen on Trakt afterwards, Emby also marks them properly but the dashboard doesn’t actually show them as being watched when checking. My devices have different IDs and names and they’ve worked before like that, but now they don’t.

BaukeZwart

On quite a few mkv files I’m getting this “Select Media Source” popup screen before I can play the file in Kodi. When playing that same file using the Web app the playback starts immediately. I see this behavier on all my 3 Kodi systems with E4K.

Is this a bug or can E4K set to automatically select the first option and just play the file?

EDIT: Also when manually selecting a subtitel I'm also getting similar list of srt files to choose from. It makes no difference which mkv or srt I select they all do the same. It looks as if the files are listen more then once in the db.

EDIT2: I just did a db vacuum (on the server side )and that seem to have fixed the issue for now. But I'm sure it will come back soon.

screenshot00000.png

Edited by BaukeZwart

quickmic
1 hour ago, BaukeZwart said:

On quite a few mkv files I’m getting this “Select Media Source” popup screen before I can play the file in Kodi. When playing that same file using the Web app the playback starts immediately. I see this behavier on all my 3 Kodi systems with E4K.

Is this a bug or can E4K set to automatically select the first option and just play the file?

EDIT: Also when manually selecting a subtitel I'm also getting similar list of srt files to choose from. It makes no difference which mkv or srt I select they all do the same. It looks as if the files are listen more then once in the db.

EDIT2: I just did a db vacuum (on the server side )and that seem to have fixed the issue for now. But I'm sure it will come back soon.

screenshot00000.png

This is the multiversion selection. It should only appear, when you have serveral versions of the same movie.

In your sample it seems incorrect. Have you recently updated this episode? Could be a sync issue.

quickmic
5 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

No, it happened even on the last episode that was added last night. 

Is there a pattern? Can I repeat it in some way?

BaukeZwart
27 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Is there a pattern? Can I repeat it in some way?

I need to keep watching this issue and see if i can find a pattern. The db vacuum fixed it for all episodes for now.  So I have a fresh test situation now. 

Edited by BaukeZwart
  • Like 1

CharleyVarrick
4 hours ago, BaukeZwart said:

screenshot00000.png

Your kodi issue reminds me of an Emby issue I had last october.

If it comes back, check if Emby offers mutli version

• Thanks 1

BaukeZwart
4 minutes ago, CharleyVarrick said:

Your kodi issue reminds me of an Emby issue I had last october.

If it comes back, check if Emby offers mutli version

Thanks if I remember correctly everything was OK in Emby, no multi versions or chose videostream option etc.
But I wil check next time the issue reappears.

CharleyVarrick

I need to keep watching this issue and see if i can find a pattern. The db vacuum fixed it for all episodes for now.  So I have a fresh test situation now. 

If related to the emby dupe version issue, the only pattern I observed was date added (all within same range)

quickmic

New experimental version available: plugin.video.emby-next-gen-5.2.06-build 117 (ex23)

ISO (to be tested) -> DB reset required
backdrops fixed

Most of the changes in this version are internally. Cleaning code, optimize performance etc.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

quickmic
On 3/29/2021 at 12:12 AM, LichenKing said:

Hello QuickMic. Thanks for the updates.

I have usecase that is broken in this Addon. I know there is a huge effort to port to Python3 and functionality has to be rewritten but I want to make sure this is not forgotten  (Yes I know we are dealing with different circumstances with the Python3 and module functionality changes).

I am on NVIDIA Shield 2019 and the latest Kodi 19 Matrix. I use media ISOs for storage of media content. On the “Emby for Kodi: 4.x series of the add-on playback of ISOs worked on Direct (Native) Mode and Add-on Mode In Emby. I utilize Emby's server “(Optional) Shared network folder” based on network share path to play back an item. I have to map my SMB share inside Kodi before I have access to this path. With visibility to the Network Share path for Kodi the previous Emby add-on could playback from the SMB path source.

To confirm ISO media is still supported in Kodi if I manually playback the ISO by navigating the folder structure on Kodi through the File Manager and selecting the ISO file, it is correctly loaded to the Kodi Media Player.I suspect there is an issue with the source path of playback that is being passed to the Kodi Player by the plugin.

For 4.x series of the Plugin the Addon Mode the media playlist was passed to Kodi (Trailers, Cinema Intro, then Media version (ISO, MKV, MP4)) from the media selection menu before playback of item.
Native (DirectPaths) worked as well.
For example I have a 4k and 1080 versions of a Disc when picking a media item in Kodi. This was also handy if I had a Director's cut versus a Theatrical release. In addition sometimes I have a transcoded "web" version. In the 4.x series  of the Addon when selecting a media item a context menu would appear with the different versions of the media I could play. This also worked well for showing different video options for that one Media Title Name. However when clicking these items a large delay occurs and Kodi freezes.
Earlier version 5.1.17 the context menu appears but Kodi freezes and playback would not happen.
This leads me to believe that the logic for this processing has changed and something has broken.

I typically disable transcode as the NVIDIA Shield 2019 allows opening the ISO file type and Kodi can read it. It would be great if the Addon was more context aware about the supported formats on a media device and only suggest a transcode unless prioritized over direct playback or disabled entirely.

Can you please perform a test with the new experimental version. I hope iso file works now. Resync DB in addon mode.

Edited by quickmic

TobyTentakel
22 hours ago, quickmic said:

This is the multiversion selection. It should only appear, when you have serveral versions of the same movie.

In your sample it seems incorrect. Have you recently updated this episode? Could be a sync issue.

I had this happening multiple times in the past month. It happened in my case when an incremental sync never seemed to finish, but the entries were already added to the Kodi DB. So on next boot, it did the same incremental sync again, adding duplicates of all media files in that sync to the DB. On next boot the same thing. So when I now click on any of these newly added files, I get a selection box like above with 3 times the same file. All of them all play fine, as they are internally most likely pointing to the same file on the server.

• Like 1

quickmic
17 minutes ago, TobyTentakel said:

I had this happening multiple times in the past month. It happened in my case when an incremental sync never seemed to finish, but the entries were already added to the Kodi DB. So on next boot, it did the same incremental sync again, adding duplicates of all media files in that sync to the DB. On next boot the same thing. So when I now click on any of these newly added files, I get a selection box like above with 3 times the same file. All of them all play fine, as they are internally most likely pointing to the same file on the server.

That makes sense to me.

It's very likely the reason why are multiple records in the DB. Is there a pattern, when a unfinished incremental sync happens? When it happens, please send me a log.

I'll review the sync code again. Maybe I find something.

BaukeZwart

What I noticed is bacause i frequently lost artwork (hopefully now fixed) I had to do a local db reset. On the Win10 test system that almost always ended with an unresponsive Kodi application that I needed to force close. 

It could be that that contributed to the issue.

quickmic

What I noticed is bacause i frequently lost artwork (hopefully now fixed) I had to do a local db reset. On the Win10 test system that almost always ended with an unresponsive Kodi application that I needed to force close. 

It could be that that contributed to the issue.

Not very likely, if the sync wasn't active at this time. Anyway it's also an issue I wanna review. Please send me a log when you have to force a shutdown.

btw, I also force a shutdown from time to time. Mostly related to other plugins which crashed. Kodi 19 is still new and lot's of plugins are not that stable as in Kodi 18, even if they are ported to python 3.

Edited by quickmic

BaukeZwart

I will send a log if a fc is needed.  I have only a very limited number of plugins installed. Now with E4K a few i don't need anymore and a few simply don't work with the non kodi db. 

The only plugin i really miss is Janitor. 

Edited by BaukeZwart
  • Like 1

BaukeZwart

@quickmic Just had a Kodi freeze after adding a new TV series. Log taken after force closing Kodi on Win10. The freeze happened when I closed Kodi using the power menu.

Edited by BaukeZwart
Removed log