embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
49 minutes ago, eddedrukker said:

hi there, im using the experimental version plugin.video.emby-next-gen-5.2.06-build 156 (ex26) and i notice that if kodi is already running on my htpc and the server were the emby server is installed is till in sleep the welcome text is not showing and emby doesnt start. So what i mean: kodi (htpc)is already running, in kodi (htpc) i wake the server (windows 10 were emby server is installed) with wake on lan , than emby on the kodi (htpc) doesn't come to live. If i close kodi than on the htpc and restart kodi than the welcome message appear and emby start syncing and i can use emby. If i start kodi and the emby server is already running than i works strait away. i will look if i can post logs from both situations later 

grtz ed  

I think I know the reason. Emby server must be online when Kodi is started. If server hibernates after Kodi was connected, it should work. Actually it's on purpose, but I see I should change it. 

quickmic
48 minutes ago, eddedrukker said:

Ok so you change it in the nexr version?

Yes

BaukeZwart

I’m having an issue with the Trakt.TV plugin and I’m not sure if this can be E4K related.

Almost every TV episode I watch in Kodi is giving a weird watch status in Trakt.
For example I watched 4 episodes of a TV series on the same evening. Trakt showed me watching E1 twice with sometime between them, then E3 followed by E2 and then again E4 twice.

I think about 80% of the episodes I watched over the last weeks are shown as watched twice in Trakt. All my Kodi installations are fresh and didn't have the Trakt plugin installed, only Emby was communicating with Trakt.

Because of this erratic behaviour I have for now removed the Trakt plugin from Emby and installed the Trakt plugin on all my Kodi systems. But I would much rather have it handled by Embi.

Can this be somehow be related to E4K?

Edited by BaukeZwart

markdj
8 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

I’m having an issue with the Trakt.TV plugin and I’m not sure if this can be E4K related.

Almost every TV episode or Movie I watch in Kodi is giving a weird watch status in Trakt.
For example I watched 4 episodes of a TV series on the same evening. Trakt showed me watching E1 twice with sometime between them, then E3 followed by E2 and then again E4 twice.

I think about 80% of the episodes I watched over the last weeks are shown as watched twice in Trakt. All my Kodi installations are fresh and didn't have the Trakt plugin installed, only Emby was communicating with Trakt.

Because of this erratic behaviour I have for now removed the Trakt plugin from Emby and installed the Trakt plugin on all my Kodi systems. But I would much rather have it handled by Embi.

Can this be somehow be related to E4K?

😉

• Thanks 1

markdj

I noticed that Emby still doesn’t update the library in Kodi when I completely delete a series? It does update everything else except for that.

edit: either a reboot or reload of the skin seemed to do the trick.

Edited by markdj

ulrick65

@quickmic any thoughts on when the preview version might get added to Beta?  Would be nice to just keep up with the updates automatically... It seems fairly stable to me and works better then the version that is in beta now in my opinion.

Thanks for the great work on this... really appreciate it!

BaukeZwart

@quickmic

This is now the second time this happened, both times with a newly added TV series. Even a local DB repair doesn't fix this.
season -1 contains exactly the episodes same as season 1.

Any idea what's going on here?

EDIT: In Emby I only see the season 1 and 2 folders.

EDIT2: Found the issue, 2 episodes had incorrect metadata, both where listed as season -1 episode -1.
No idea how that happened.

https://paste.kodi.tv/zugedadogu.kodi

screenshot00000.png

Edited by BaukeZwart

Hello, I may have missed what is causing the " ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Couldn't resolve host name(6) for http://folder.jpg/" error as reported by marcmv1 on the 12th of january. It happens to me on both windows 10 and shield  tv (2017) installations (Kodi 19.0).

It doesn't matter what version of the emby-next-gen addon is used. Basicly it only syncs one time correct. After that there is a more than 50% chance that the sync is stops due to this failure.

I can still use the context menu to remove episodes but they still appear in Kodi while being removed in Emby.

Current setup is Kodi 19.0, emby-next-gen 5.2.0.5 (native mode), emby server 4.6.0.37 (ubuntu 20.04).

Thanks.

Edited by PN14

natdino

testing with kodi 18.9, emby-next-gen 5.2.05, i can't select a profile. after picking my server it shows the login screen, i select my profile and the login screen shows again. i close the login screen and it opens again too

quickmic
5 hours ago, PN14 said:

Hello, I may have missed what is causing the " ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Couldn't resolve host name(6) for http://folder.jpg/" error as reported by marcmv1 on the 12th of january. It happens to me on both windows 10 and shield  tv (2017) installations (Kodi 19.0).

The http://folder.jpg error is "normal" and was not the problem reported by marcmv1. This was a context menu issue.

Please send me a kodi log via PM.

quickmic
4 hours ago, natdino said:

testing with kodi 18.9, emby-next-gen 5.2.05, i can't select a profile. after picking my server it shows the login screen, i select my profile and the login screen shows again. i close the login screen and it opens again too

Please wait till I update the beta version or use the experimental version from the first posting here. Actually, this experimental version will be next beta.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
10 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

@quickmic I think you forgot to change the link for the manual update. Link is stil pointing to 5.2.05.

You are right, I fixed it.

btw, I'm working on a new experimental version. I think I'll upload a new version in the next days.

Edited by quickmic

t123thomas

Kodi (19.0.0) Git:20210218-f44fdfbf67). Platform: Windows NT x86 64-bit

plugin.video.emby-next-gen v5.2.06 installed

021-04-09 13:44:42.674 T:5588  WARNING <general>: xbmc.translatePath is deprecated and might be removed in future kodi versions. Please use xbmcvfs.translatePath instead.
2021-04-09 13:44:42.685 T:5588    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError'>
                                                   Error Contents: no element found: line 1, column 0
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\service.py", line 122, in <module>
                                                       serviceOBJ = Service()
                                                     File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\service.py", line 16, in __init__
                                                       self.Startup()
                                                     File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\service.py", line 21, in Startup
                                                       self.Utils = helper.utils.Utils()
                                                     File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\helper\utils.py", line 70, in __init__
                                                       self.DefaultVideoSettings = self.load_defaultvideosettings()
                                                     File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\helper\utils.py", line 117, in load_defaultvideosettings
                                                       DefaultVideoSettings = helper.xmls.Xmls(self).load_defaultvideosettings()
                                                     File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\helper\xmls.py", line 90, in load_defaultvideosettings
                                                       xmlData = xml.etree.ElementTree.parse(FilePath).getroot()
                                                     File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1202, in parse
                                                       tree.parse(source, parser)
                                                     File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 595, in parse
                                                       self._root = parser._parse_whole(source)
                                                     File "<string>", line None
                                                   xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError: no element found: line 1, column 0
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

2021-04-09 13:44:42.822 T:5588     INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped
2021-04-09 13:44:46.706 T:11868   ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7) for http://127.0.0.1:57578/274106/Images/Backdrop/0?EnableImageEnhancers=True&Tag=5327bfa2b9377642dac217246b41a419
2021-04-09 13:44:46.774 T:7256    ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7) for http://127.0.0.1:57578/274542/Images/Backdrop/0?EnableImageEnhancers=True&Tag=4cbced62470ca6100c43b523d02421b3
2021-04-09 13:44:50.102 T:792      INFO <general>: initializing python engine.
2021-04-09 13:44:51.423 T:792      INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(11, C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.widgets\plugin.py): script successfully run
2021-04-09 13:44:51.545 T:792      INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped
2021-04-09 13:44:51.548 T:9624     INFO <general>: initializing python engine.
2021-04-09 13:44:52.991 T:9624     INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(12, C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.widgets\plugin.py): script successfully run
2021-04-09 13:44:53.117 T:9624     INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped
2021-04-09 13:44:56.167 T:6008     INFO <general>: Skin Helper Backgrounds --> Generated smart shortcuts for emby nodes: []

quickmic
33 minutes ago, Home2008 said:

I'm using the .06 experimental version. There is no real sync. It still shows deleted movies!

Deleted items only "re"-synced by adjusting "LastIncrementalSync" in settings.xml. If there is a issue, no version will ever fix it until you perform a complete reset of the db OR manually adjust the date.

Can you please perform a test adjusting the LastIncrementalSync.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
30 minutes ago, t123thomas said:

Kodi (19.0.0) Git:20210218-f44fdfbf67). Platform: Windows NT x86 64-bit

plugin.video.emby-next-gen v5.2.06 installed

021-04-09 13:44:42.674 T:5588  WARNING <general>: xbmc.translatePath is deprecated and might be removed in future kodi versions. Please use xbmcvfs.translatePath instead.
2021-04-09 13:44:42.685 T:5588    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError'>
                                                   Error Contents: no element found: line 1, column 0
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\service.py", line 122, in <module>
                                                       serviceOBJ = Service()
                                                     File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\service.py", line 16, in __init__
                                                       self.Startup()
                                                     File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\service.py", line 21, in Startup
                                                       self.Utils = helper.utils.Utils()
                                                     File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\helper\utils.py", line 70, in __init__
                                                       self.DefaultVideoSettings = self.load_defaultvideosettings()
                                                     File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\helper\utils.py", line 117, in load_defaultvideosettings
                                                       DefaultVideoSettings = helper.xmls.Xmls(self).load_defaultvideosettings()
                                                     File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\helper\xmls.py", line 90, in load_defaultvideosettings
                                                       xmlData = xml.etree.ElementTree.parse(FilePath).getroot()
                                                     File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1202, in parse
                                                       tree.parse(source, parser)
                                                     File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 595, in parse
                                                       self._root = parser._parse_whole(source)
                                                     File "<string>", line None
                                                   xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError: no element found: line 1, column 0
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

2021-04-09 13:44:42.822 T:5588     INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped
2021-04-09 13:44:46.706 T:11868   ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7) for http://127.0.0.1:57578/274106/Images/Backdrop/0?EnableImageEnhancers=True&Tag=5327bfa2b9377642dac217246b41a419
2021-04-09 13:44:46.774 T:7256    ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7) for http://127.0.0.1:57578/274542/Images/Backdrop/0?EnableImageEnhancers=True&Tag=4cbced62470ca6100c43b523d02421b3
2021-04-09 13:44:50.102 T:792      INFO <general>: initializing python engine.
2021-04-09 13:44:51.423 T:792      INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(11, C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.widgets\plugin.py): script successfully run
2021-04-09 13:44:51.545 T:792      INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped
2021-04-09 13:44:51.548 T:9624     INFO <general>: initializing python engine.
2021-04-09 13:44:52.991 T:9624     INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(12, C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.widgets\plugin.py): script successfully run
2021-04-09 13:44:53.117 T:9624     INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped
2021-04-09 13:44:56.167 T:6008     INFO <general>: Skin Helper Backgrounds --> Generated smart shortcuts for emby nodes: []

seems to be a problem with your guisettings.xml in section "defaultvideosettings". Can you please upload the file