embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

embyL0VER
1 minute ago, ulrick65 said:

Would like to try the Experimental version...just wondering where to get it?

Thanks.

Look at the first post on the first page of this thread, their you will find always the newest experimental build.

• Thanks 1

LichenKing

Did a quick overview of the sourcecode. I can see there is some conditions for Native Paths.

I am guessing you want to avoid the internal websocket web request having an EMBY ID which contains a media source with a Native Path (SMB path pointed to a network location ISO) to hand off to Kodi Player's playlist?

Edited by LichenKing

ulrick65

Thanks for the update...it worked right away and updated from the server without even restarting Kodi.  I will monitor and let you know how it goes if any issues.  Is it just me, or is this faster then the .05 beta version?  Seems like my screen is a bit more snappy...but maybe it is just me.

Thanks.

• Like 1

quickmic
15 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

Using "Addon-Mode" locally stored trailers, still aren't getting synced yet. (Don't use trailer add-on)

If I'm using "Native-Mode" my trailers get synced but I can't use the emby features like transcoding etc.

Local Trailers are disabled at the moment. Not even sure if it's syncable. I don't use local trailers, so I peeked how 4.x  treated trailers.

Seems it was never synced, but queried in some way when cinema mode was enabled. Can you elaborate, how 4.x actually handled local trailers?

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
1 minute ago, ulrick65 said:

Thanks for the update...it worked right away and updated from the server without even restarting Kodi.  I will monitor and let you know how it goes if any issues.  Is it just me, or is this faster then the .05 beta version?  Seems like my screen is a bit more snappy...but maybe it is just me.

Thanks.

There are lot's of performance improvements in the experimental versions, yes.

embyL0VER

Sry didn't used v4, was using embycon before. All I can say is that embycon also uses some sort of "Addon-Mode" and has the ability to play local stored trailers in Kodi without using trailer plugin.

So I was guessing this also should work in emby-next-gen but I can live with using Native-Mode.

quickmic
Just now, embyL0VER said:

Sry didn't used v4, was using embycon before. All I can say is that embycon also uses some sort of "Addon-Mode" and has the ability to play local stored trailers in Kodi without using trailer plugin.

So I was guessing this also should work in emby-next-gen but I can live with using Native-Mode.

When/how do you play local trailers? Is this via context menu option or (movie) information subcontext? Do you use nodes for local trailers?

embyL0VER

It is in movie information and the "Trailer" button. And no I'm not using any nodes I simply put a trailer file into the movie directory and name it like below (for example):

Moviename.mkv

Moviename-trailer.mkv

Edited by embyL0VER
  • Like 1

quickmic

ok, I know that ones. Probably I can inject the local trailers via sync. I've to think about it, cause the trailers must be updated on changed content. I've to perform a few tests to verify if it's possible to sync them together with movies (etc).

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

LichenKing

Honestly in Addon Mode other than media formats that could be streamed for my library specifically I guess I should just be using Native Mode.

quickmic
14 minutes ago, LichenKing said:

Honestly in Addon Mode other than media formats that could be streamed for my library specifically I guess I should just be using Native Mode.

Not sure if I get it. Yes, please use addon-mode. This requires a full database rebuild. Iso files will be still playable in addon mode, cause they will fallback to native on demand.

If you have issues with other file (formats), please let me know. If it's based on a pattern, it should be easy to exclude them from addon mode.

Edited by quickmic

djhifi
On 3/29/2021 at 4:19 PM, BaukeZwart said:

For me it only happens when artwork is updated either on the server or via tje NFO by tmm. 

It seems to happen random, a few days ago i updated fanart for 4 movies

3 where ok, one was missing the fanart. AFAIK a reboot didn't fix it, db fix was needed. 

This is exactly happening to me as described above too.

It's random, but the behavior is like that.

And the latest experimental update didn't fix anything for me as far as I can tell. I need to repair .db to fix this or pulling context menu from E4K (which now takes 10+ secs) and refreshing item.

It's annoying. Sometimes chaging backdrop of something server-side, messes with KODI somewhat and we end up with black backdrop indeed.

Edited by djhifi

quickmic
6 hours ago, djhifi said:

And the latest experimental update didn't fix anything for me as far as I can tell. I need to repair .db to fix this or pulling context menu from E4K (which now takes 10+ secs) and refreshing item.

It's annoying. Sometimes chaging backdrop of something server-side, messes with KODI somewhat and we end up with black backdrop indeed.

I can check again, but without a pattern it's hard.

The case of disappearing artwork while Emby-server metadata refresh should be covered. I was able to reproduce it and found a bug.

Probably there is different issue...

Edited by quickmic

BaukeZwart
6 hours ago, djhifi said:

I haven't seen the issue with the latest experimental builds. But i will keep an eye on it and report if it happens again. 

BaukeZwart
15 hours ago, quickmic said:

New experimental version available: plugin.video.emby-next-gen-5.2.06-build 156 (ex26)

I hope all progress update issues are fixed.

I watched a few episodes last night and checked the progress status a few times with the Emby app on my phone. The progress updates seemed to be in sync every time. 

quickmic
2 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

I watched a few episodes last night and checked the progress status a few times with the Emby app on my phone. The progress updates seemed to be in sync every time. 

Very good, thanks. Progress updates should now also cover several edge cases. Like fast play start/stop, fast play stop after seeking...

markdj
8 hours ago, BaukeZwart said:

I haven't seen the issue with the latest experimental builds. But i will keep an eye on it and report if it happens again. 

Same, backdrops issue seems to have been fixed with the experimental update.

• Like 1

tube82
8 hours ago, quickmic said:

Very good, thanks. Progress updates should now also cover several edge cases. Like fast play start/stop, fast play stop after seeking...

I can't reproduce the progress update problems anymore, either.

• Like 1

LichenKing
On 4/3/2021 at 12:50 AM, quickmic said:

Plugin: How the hybrid/addon-mode works:

As mentioned, in native mode this is not possible. Only option would be, intercept play request, check query, stop play request or update playpath, manipulate playlist, restart player. This is the way 4.x works. Next-gen will not use this approach. It's slow, not reliable and often leads to inconsistent labels. Also it breaks 3rd party plugin due to playlist manipulations.

So if using native paths, only stock Kodi features are available.

Trailers, Cinemamode, Multiversion selection is all not available in native Kodi and you cannot use it.

So I did spend some time with source code and comparing with older versions definitely can tell there has been a major rework and a lot of previous code has been rewritten.

I am curious why you do not want to update the playpath dynamically from the Websocket server as parameter data. While i understand this may break 3rd party plugins due to playlist situations there is also the perspective that this plugin does not have to play nice with those external features in this scenario.

Really my ability to choose between a 4k Disc and 1080 Disc ISO from the popup (or any other version such has MP4 for the matter) being vastly different from old behavior is my primary concern. I was doing the multi entry approach in Kodi before but does that sure make library view very cluttered. In fact going with that approach there is no reason not to go back to Kodi Native adding a remote directory to scan.That does decentralize your DB but there is some tweaking for that as well.

I am not entirely sure how the plugin is picking which version to insert into Kodi DB even though the video entry has both 4k and 1080 based ISOs. Maybe first item in the list based on alphabetical order which could be the 4k or 1080 disc.

This is why the old plugin approach hit that sweet spot.

Edited by LichenKing
  • Like 1

dml33
On 1/23/2021 at 12:34 PM, dml33 said:

Hi!

Good job!

I am using 5.1.7 version and I have seen an issue.

When I play a multi-version movie, the menu for choosing which one to play appears. But, if I choose "Cancel" or I press ESC, the first version of the movie is played instead of aborting the process.

Thanks!

Hi, quickmic. 

I am currently using versión 5.2.05 and this issue is still there. Whatever I do not to play a movie version once the multi-version menu is displayed, does not work. The movie is played anyway... 

Thanks. 

quickmic
11 minutes ago, dml33 said:

Hi, quickmic. 

I am currently using versión 5.2.05 and this issue is still there. Whatever I do not to play a movie version once the multi-version menu is displayed, does not work. The movie is played anyway... 

Thanks. 

Yes that's a limitation. Actually once you select a video which is played by next-gen, there is no way back. If next-gen would accept the cancel request, Kodi would popup an error msg -> Item not playable and I think that's even worse.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
2 hours ago, LichenKing said:

So I did spend some time with source code and comparing with older versions definitely can tell there has been a major rework and a lot of previous code has been rewritten.

I am curious why you do not want to update the playpath dynamically from the Websocket server as parameter data. While i understand this may break 3rd party plugins due to playlist situations there is also the perspective that this plugin does not have to play nice with those external features in this scenario.

Really my ability to choose between a 4k Disc and 1080 Disc ISO from the popup (or any other version such has MP4 for the matter) being vastly different from old behavior is my primary concern. I was doing the multi entry approach in Kodi before but does that sure make library view very cluttered. In fact going with that approach there is no reason not to go back to Kodi Native adding a remote directory to scan.That does decentralize your DB but there is some tweaking for that as well.

I am not entirely sure how the plugin is picking which version to insert into Kodi DB even though the video entry has both 4k and 1080 based ISOs. Maybe first item in the list based on alphabetical order which could be the 4k or 1080 disc.

This is why the old plugin approach hit that sweet spot.

Yes and I'm not done. I'll also rewrite the pending code. Currently I'm rewriting the node code.

The problem is not, why not manipulate queries via socket (there is no need to interfere the playlists, next-gen could do it without). The problem is, native paths are NOT piped through socket at all. 4.x piped even native paths via socket and that's where the issues started. 4.x used .strm (links) to all files. No matter if if http or native. Problem with .strm: The file extension was directly written in Kodi DB. Unfortunately, Kodi (and lot's of 3rd party plugins) uses file extensions to detect if video or audio etc.

Even Kodi is struggling here, e.g. when playing a strm file via widget, Kodi is not able to detect the content and adds it by default to audio playlist even it's a video. Next problem, playlists via .strm injections. This leads to multiple socket queries.

4.x. had lot's of very nasty workaround to cover it, like: measure time and if x item are added in a certain time, it's most likely a playlist. e.g. this broke the "autoplay next" Kodi stock function and required additionally nasty workarounds.

If strm file played via widget, remove it again form player, manually detect the format (video or audio), and add it to the correct playlist. The list goes on and on...

next gen solves all those issues with some "tricks". e.g. when adding files to Kodi db, it makes sure the fileexternsion is correct. e.g. http://127.0.0.1:port?someparameters&fakefilenamehere.mkv

So the extension is correct and NOT ".strm"

Using this approach Kodi is happy, and all 3rd party plugins as well. Kodi can even detect 3d movies and audio formats by using correct filename extensions.

When using native pathes, whose are directly written into the KodiDB and Kodi has full control and not the next-gen plugin.

The best and only way to get multivideoselection back is: Emby server supports .iso formats or you rip the iso's to a format Emby server can handle.

Probably write a feature request for Emby server to support iso files.

Edited by quickmic

eddedrukker

hi there, im using the experimental version plugin.video.emby-next-gen-5.2.06-build 156 (ex26) and i notice that if kodi is already running on my htpc and the server were the emby server is installed is till in sleep the welcome text is not showing and emby doesnt start. So what i mean: kodi (htpc)is already running, in kodi (htpc) i wake the server (windows 10 were emby server is installed) with wake on lan , than emby on the kodi (htpc) doesn't come to live. If i close kodi than on the htpc and restart kodi than the welcome message appear and emby start syncing and i can use emby. If i start kodi and the emby server is already running than i works strait away. i will look if i can post logs from both situations later 

grtz ed  

t123thomas

On  the lastest experiment I am getting this error

System windows 10/Matrix/ emby v5.2.06

ERROR <general>: ERROR: EMBY.database.database: type: <class 'ValueError'> value: '902eed47045b9cf24c2d8e6df6881b94' is not in list
2021-04-05 01:41:25.171 T:2760    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'ValueError'>
                                                   Error Contents: '902eed47045b9cf24c2d8e6df6881b94' is not in list
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\service.py", line 125, in <module>
                                                       serviceOBJ.ServerConnect()
                                                     File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\service.py", line 48, in ServerConnect
                                                       self.Monitor.LibraryLoad(server_id)
                                                     File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\hooks\monitor.py", line 150, in LibraryLoad
                                                       self.library[server_id] = database.library.Library(self.player, self.EmbyServer[server_id])
                                                     File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\database\library.py", line 59, in __init__
                                                       self.Views.get_nodes()
                                                     File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\emby\views.py", line 270, in get_nodes
                                                       self.add_nodes(node_path, view, False)
                                                     File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\emby\views.py", line 316, in add_nodes
                                                       self.node_index(folder, view, mixed)
                                                     File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\emby\views.py", line 372, in node_index
                                                       index = self.EmbyServer.Utils.SyncData['SortedViews'].index(view['Id'])
                                                   ValueError: '902eed47045b9cf24c2d8e6df6881b94' is not in list
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

• Like 1

quickmic
24 minutes ago, t123thomas said:

On  the lastest experiment I am getting this error

System windows 10/Matrix/ emby v5.2.06

ERROR <general>: ERROR: EMBY.database.database: type: <class 'ValueError'> value: '902eed47045b9cf24c2d8e6df6881b94' is not in list
2021-04-05 01:41:25.171 T:2760    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'ValueError'>
                                                   Error Contents: '902eed47045b9cf24c2d8e6df6881b94' is not in list
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\service.py", line 125, in <module>
                                                       serviceOBJ.ServerConnect()
                                                     File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\service.py", line 48, in ServerConnect
                                                       self.Monitor.LibraryLoad(server_id)
                                                     File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\hooks\monitor.py", line 150, in LibraryLoad
                                                       self.library[server_id] = database.library.Library(self.player, self.EmbyServer[server_id])
                                                     File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\database\library.py", line 59, in __init__
                                                       self.Views.get_nodes()
                                                     File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\emby\views.py", line 270, in get_nodes
                                                       self.add_nodes(node_path, view, False)
                                                     File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\emby\views.py", line 316, in add_nodes
                                                       self.node_index(folder, view, mixed)
                                                     File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\emby\views.py", line 372, in node_index
                                                       index = self.EmbyServer.Utils.SyncData['SortedViews'].index(view['Id'])
                                                   ValueError: '902eed47045b9cf24c2d8e6df6881b94' is not in list
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

Have added a new library on Emby server?

Edited by quickmic