quickmic

CharleyVarrick
On 3/28/2021 at 1:00 PM, Riggs said:

1080p HDR can't be played on Kodi using emby for Kodi

Can you please check?

This problem is there from some time.

Thanks

Consider providing more info.

What does "can't be played" mean: do you get an error message, or other relevant info?

"from some time", are we talking days, weeks, months years, since after a specific upgrade?

Anything in kodi  log after unsuccessful play attempt ?

quickmic is really good at what he's doing, but he does not use a crystal ball 

Edited by CharleyVarrick

markdj
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

Yes, in the latest experimental version.

I've installed it just now but Emby didn't sign me in (no 'welcome Mark'). It took 3 reboots to finally get it to work. Is this an issue you know of?

Delays didn't help, and opening the Emby add-on doesn't load any user specific options (just the regular options), only when it eventually does sign me in.

dml33
23 hours ago, quickmic said:

Updated experimental version is available on page 1 of this thread.

Changes:

Subtitle enabled/disabled should now work based on settings (preferred language could be still an issue)
Userlogin with no passwords works

Hi

I can confirm that the subtitle enabled/disabled option works as it should be, based on Kodi settings 👌

But, the preferred subtitle language is not automatically selected.

My srt file names are

Movie.ENG.srt

Movie.SPA.srt

Old plugin selected the English (preferred language in Kodi settings) subtitle, but new plugin seems not to recognize it and keeps the Spanish subtitle selected.

Thanks!

Edited by dml33
  • Like 1

quickmic
24 minutes ago, markdj said:

I've installed it just now but Emby didn't sign me in (no 'welcome Mark'). It took 3 reboots to finally get it to work. Is this an issue you know of?

Delays didn't help, and opening the Emby add-on doesn't load any user specific options (just the regular options), only when it eventually does sign me in.

No known issues, please send me a log via PM

BaukeZwart

Just spend about 40 minutes trying to get artwork to fail, no luck. 

Why when you want an issue to appear it never does. I will try again tomorrow. 

Edited by BaukeZwart
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

quickmic
1 minute ago, BaukeZwart said:

Why when you want an issue to appear it never does. I will try again tomorrow. 

No hurry not urgent, thanks for testing.

quickmic
43 minutes ago, dml33 said:

Hi

I can confirm that the subtitle enabled/disabled option works as it should be, based on Kodi settings 👌

But, the preferred subtitle language is not automatically selected.

My srt file names are

Movie.ENG.srt

Movie.SPA.srt

Old plugin selected the English (preferred language in Kodi settings) subtitle, but new plugin seems not to recognize it and keeps the Spanish subtitle selected.

Thanks!

That's what I expected. I'll work on that.

CharleyVarrick
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

I also have some artwork problems after initial sync (when Artwork is not cached),

This is another thing I meant to ask for a while, artwork caching; as in when one performs a local DB reset, we're asked if we want to remove it.

Opposedly, when we resync libraries,  does / should it ask if we want to enable cached artwork at all ?

Does this feature means kodi basically copying thousands and thousands of art from emby cache to kodi cache?

if so, I'm wondering if its a desirable feature at all, as copying all those would require time + storage space + resources. 

EDIT:  I see tits 😘 its offered in Emby ng menu, but I never touched it

image.png.788a4eafa6c5423e96d5399d67f70cdc.png

Edited by CharleyVarrick

CharleyVarrick
38 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

This is funny, you disappointed because it did not fail 😀

ps: I get what you mean by this, but it still is amusing to read

38 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

Why when you want an issue to appear it never does.

This is the classic "sorry doc, it doesnt hurt anymore" 😁

Edited by CharleyVarrick
  • Haha 1

markdj
21 minutes ago, CharleyVarrick said:

This is what I see when Emby doesn't log me in. Not related to your problem, just wanted to mention it for quickmic.

CharleyVarrick
3 minutes ago, markdj said:

This is what I see when Emby doesn't log me in. Not related to your problem, just wanted to mention it for quickmic.

Funny, you have same server name as me (just kidding)

This was a partial capture, I do have all the personal libraries above, I am guessing you mean you do not

markdj

The sleep issue is still there unfortunately.

I’m reverting back to the stable version for now. I hope they logs will help you out.

GavinCampbell

@quickmic

With the latest version (5.2.06 build 82 ex17) I noticed that when I switch between profiles the whitelist is retained from the previous profile and reset in the new profile in the sync.json.  Of course this causes issues as it flips some libraries back to dynamic and causes errors with others.

t123thomas

On Kodi 18.9/ E4K 5.2.06, the addon installed and other processed works to fully sync. however, I noticed emby for kodi setting screen was blanked, the user, server name etc was empty, hence I had to fill those, although while it was blanked the addon still work.

screenshot000.png

Edited by t123thomas

quickmic
9 hours ago, markdj said:

The sleep issue is still there unfortunately.

I’m reverting back to the stable version for now. I hope they logs will help you out.

Thanks for the logs, actually they looks very good. Connection was established after sleep, Webocket online. All good so far. btw, this version was tested by another nvidia shield user.

What was the actual issue after wake up?

quickmic
10 hours ago, CharleyVarrick said:

This is another thing I meant to ask for a while, artwork caching; as in when one performs a local DB reset, we're asked if we want to remove it.

Opposedly, when we resync libraries,  does / should it ask if we want to enable cached artwork at all ?

Does this feature means kodi basically copying thousands and thousands of art from emby cache to kodi cache?

if so, I'm wondering if its a desirable feature at all, as copying all those would require time + storage space + resources. 

EDIT:  I see tits 😘 its offered in Emby ng menu, but I never touched it

Artwork caching is always active. This is a Kodi native feature, but it caches only Artwork once used/shown. The "cache all artwork" is doing the cache in advance (only works with WebUI enabled in Kodi).

Does this feature means kodi basically copying thousands and thousands of art from emby cache to kodi cache

Yes, can take several Gigabytes, but makes the Artwork loading faster. Very useful if you run Kodi from Internet to minimize Artwork delays.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
1 hour ago, t123thomas said:

On Kodi 18.9/ E4K 5.2.06, the addon installed and other processed works to fully sync. however, I noticed emby for kodi setting screen was blanked, the user, server name etc was empty, hence I had to fill those, although while it was blanked the addon still work.

screenshot000.png

Yes, I'll redesign these login functions when Multiserver support is finally implemented. Still working on that.

quickmic
7 hours ago, GavinCampbell said:

@quickmic

With the latest version (5.2.06 build 82 ex17) I noticed that when I switch between profiles the whitelist is retained from the previous profile and reset in the new profile in the sync.json.  Of course this causes issues as it flips some libraries back to dynamic and causes errors with others.

Kodi user, or Emby user?

quickmic

@markdj

I just checked your log again. Have you installed the experimental version from post 1 of this thread. NOT the beta which is also on post 1?

Edited by quickmic

CharleyVarrick
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Yes, I'll redesign these login functions when Multiserver support is finally implemented. Still working on that.

Shouldnt it matter if we fill in those fiefds, as 1123thomas did, or leave them blank, like me ?

Seems to work just the same in both cases, which is surprising (to me at least)

Edited by CharleyVarrick

BaukeZwart

I finally managed to mess up the artwork.
I did a “Refresh Metadata-Replace existing images” for my Movie library and for all movies the Fanart was gone after that.

Removed all files and folders from Kodi\userdata\Thumbnails and restarted Kodi. That didn’t bring back the Movie Fanart. Only a local db reset seems to fix this.

I tried this on my Win10 test machine with E4K 5.2.06-build 82 (ex17)

• Like 1

quickmic
2 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

I did a “Refresh Metadata-Replace existing images” for my Movie library and for all movies the Fanart was gone after that.

Removed all files and folders from Kodi\userdata\Thumbnails and restarted Kodi. That didn’t bring back the Movie Fanart. Only a local db reset seems to fix this.

Thanks, I'll design a test case.

• Thanks 1

markdj
5 hours ago, quickmic said:

@markdj

I just checked your log again. Have you installed the experimental version from post 1 of this thread. NOT the beta which is also on post 1?

Yeah sorry, checked on my phone and somehow overlooked that part. Will give it a try again! Sorry and thanks!
Also, the logs were specifically for the sleeping part, but more for the not logging in part when starting Kodi :)

quickmic
5 hours ago, BaukeZwart said:

I found the problem. Will be fixed in next verison.

• Thanks 1