embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

TobyTentakel
5 minutes ago, quickmic said:

This looks like a resource issue "can't start new thread".

Not sure if this is related to Python 2 or a general issue.

Anyway, I experienced that issue as well but was not able to reproduce it 🙄

You can run "cat /proc/sys/kernel/threads-max" to get the allowed maximum amount of threads overall on your system, and "ulimit -u" to see the thread/process limit for the current user on your system. In my case it is 11771 for the first and 5885 for the second.

So it seems that at certain times more than this number of threads get created. Do you use a threadpool or just spawn new threads continuously?

Not sure if it is related, but in my logs I now get lots and lots of lines like this:
2021-02-26 17:56:21.401 T:2003894496  NOTICE: EMBY.library.UserDataWorker -> --<[ q:userdata/181885616 ]
2021-02-26 17:56:22.505 T:2012287200  NOTICE: EMBY.library.UpdatedWorker -> --<[ q:updated/1494873552 ]
2021-02-26 17:56:23.618 T:2020679904  NOTICE: EMBY.library.UserDataWorker -> --<[ q:userdata/139559952 ]
2021-02-26 17:56:24.723 T:2029072608  NOTICE: EMBY.library.UpdatedWorker -> --<[ q:updated/579218768 ]
2021-02-26 17:56:25.844 T:2037465312  NOTICE: EMBY.library.UserDataWorker -> --<[ q:userdata/139711152 ]
2021-02-26 17:56:26.923 T:2045858016  NOTICE: EMBY.library.UpdatedWorker -> --<[ q:updated/1495222480 ]
2021-02-26 17:56:27.999 T:2054250720  NOTICE: EMBY.library.UserDataWorker -> --<[ q:userdata/139633488 ]
2021-02-26 17:56:29.087 T:2062643424  NOTICE: EMBY.library.UpdatedWorker -> --<[ q:updated/1495016656 ]
2021-02-26 17:56:30.204 T:2071036128  NOTICE: EMBY.library.UserDataWorker -> --<[ q:userdata/139431056 ]
2021-02-26 17:56:31.310 T:2079428832  NOTICE: EMBY.library.UpdatedWorker -> --<[ q:updated/190408144 ]
2021-02-26 17:56:32.404 T:2087821536  NOTICE: EMBY.library.UserDataWorker -> --<[ q:userdata/138988880 ]
2021-02-26 17:56:33.503 T:2096214240  NOTICE: EMBY.library.UpdatedWorker -> --<[ q:updated/1495074288 ]
2021-02-26 17:56:34.616 T:2104606944  NOTICE: EMBY.library.UserDataWorker -> --<[ q:userdata/139117744 ]
2021-02-26 17:56:35.719 T:2112999648  NOTICE: EMBY.library.UpdatedWorker -> --<[ q:updated/139058672 ]
2021-02-26 17:56:36.840 T:2121392352  NOTICE: EMBY.library.UserDataWorker -> --<[ q:userdata/139197104 ]

quickmic

"new threads", but I'm currently investigating threads. Some are not terminated properly.

Edited by quickmic

MsDarkDiva

Hi! I'm doing a fresh install of Kodi v19, on a Windows 10 machine. I'm using the Aeon MQ 8 Matrix skin and Emby-Next-Gen v5.1.17 add-on. It was working fine when I first installed it and after a restart it's giving me this error and won't load/update my files. However, I can still connect to the files on my network server, no problem. Is this the same issue others are experiencing?
https://paste.kodi.tv/dixojizari

Edited by MsDarkDiva

quickmic
8 hours ago, MsDarkDiva said:

Hi! I'm doing a fresh install of Kodi v19, on a Windows 10 machine. I'm using the Aeon MQ 8 Matrix skin and Emby-Next-Gen v5.1.17 add-on. It was working fine when I first installed it and after a restart it's giving me this error and won't load/update my files. However, I can still connect to the files on my network server, no problem. Is this the same issue others are experiencing?
https://paste.kodi.tv/dixojizari

Please upload the complete logfile.

The snapshot only shows a crashed websocket but not the queries.

Fresh install of Kodi 19.0 with Emby-Next-Gen v5.1.17. Worked perfectly for the first day but now is not playing any media .

I just disabled and re-enabled the plugin and it seemed to resolve the problem.

This is the log file.

https://paste.kodi.tv/okobeyiteq

P.s. This is a great add-on. Cheers.

quickmic
17 minutes ago, Bigmaxy said:

Fresh install of Kodi 19.0 with Emby-Next-Gen v5.1.17. Worked perfectly for the first day but now is not playing any media .

I just disabled and re-enabled the plugin and it seemed to resolve the problem.

This is the log file.

https://paste.kodi.tv/okobeyiteq

P.s. This is a great add-on. Cheers.

Was hibernate/sleep mode active before the plugin crashed?

25 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Was hibernate/sleep mode active before the plugin crashed?

Hi Quickmic. Nope all power management is turned off and kodi is configured with all power saving off.

Funnily enough I had also rebooted the NUC as an attempt to resolve the problem which didn't help. That's why I was surprised that disabling and re-enabling the plugin helped.

Edit. 

I've swapped out the NUC with a spare for the moment but the unit that was having problems is now working since the add-on was disabled/enabled. Even after a reboot.

This is the log file for the working system. It may look different as it's plugged into a PC monitor instead of the TV. 🙂

https://paste.kodi.tv/etiropivol

Edited by Bigmaxy
Additional info
  • Thanks 1

Centory
23 hours ago, quickmic said:
On 2/26/2021 at 11:40 AM, Centory said:

@quickmic

When i watch music videos, they will be updated every time playcount,  watched status, lastplayed etc..

Is it possible to add an option to exclude the music videos from the update process? I watch the same music videos 50, 100, 150 times and i don't care about this points, it's rather annoying.

I could add an option, but actually I'm not getting your point. What is annoying?

I don't need it and the .nfo files are sometimes unnecessarily updated several times a day. I create all .nfo files manually for my musicvideos and here i don't need watched status and other things.

Thank you for all.

TobyTentakel

I still have the problem that the latest incremental sync will never finish. After a reboot, it will start it again, run through all the new files from A to Z twice, but then will stay spinning at the last entry with Z. System does not hang or crash though, all files are still playable, even the newly added ones appear in Kodi already. And after a reboot, same thing starts again from the beginning. Nothing out of the ordinary in the log file I think, except for the thread errors I posted earlier. Could it be it waits for a thread to finish that could not be created in the first place?

quickmic
4 hours ago, TobyTentakel said:

I still have the problem that the latest incremental sync will never finish. After a reboot, it will start it again, run through all the new files from A to Z twice, but then will stay spinning at the last entry with Z. System does not hang or crash though, all files are still playable, even the newly added ones appear in Kodi already. And after a reboot, same thing starts again from the beginning. Nothing out of the ordinary in the log file I think, except for the thread errors I posted earlier. Could it be it waits for a thread to finish that could not be created in the first place?

Currently, I'm rewriting a major proportion of the code. I hope it'll fix those issues, please try again as soon as 5.2.X is released.

Actually, 5.1.17 already covered most of the design flaws of 4.X, but there are still some modules untouched which also needs redesign.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

quickmic
7 hours ago, Centory said:

I don't need it and the .nfo files are sometimes unnecessarily updated several times a day. I create all .nfo files manually for my musicvideos and here i don't need watched status and other things.

Thank you for all.

I'll add a option, but this feature has low priority. I'll check this is an easy to implement.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

Hello @quickmicand thanks so much for taking on the endeavor of maintaining this amazing addon for KODI.

I have a question for you because I don't know if something changed, but a behavior that used to exist before 5.x no longer seems to be valid:

I added a duplicated TV Show Season 1 to my server and scanned it (:D). Kodi also synced and duplicated it (of course).

After noticing this, I removed the duplicated TV Show Season 1 from the server like I used to do before, and on the next .db sync on Kodi, the addon usually removed it too.

It didn't happen this time.

Its present on my Kodi, altough without art, plot etc.

Even worse: I added season 3 (on the correct folder in the server this time :D), and when Kodi synced it, it's showing season 3 as an indepedent show with Season 3 being a single season. So now I have 2 entires on my KODI.

I'm now repairing the TV Show library using the addon function "repair database", but wanted to leave this feedback here

This didn't happen before. 

Something you did changed this on purpose or...?

Removing a library to repair it became so slow as well. 15min and I'm still at 16% removing process. I have 1500 shows. Something is making this drag for no reason.

PS: Regarding libraries and removing stuff, if we "reset the database" now, we no longer get presented with the pop-up option of "remove cached artwork? yes/no". It simply removes everything together everytime now. Which makes creating a new database, over 2h30 long for me (lots of movies and shows).

Could you consider implementing it back again? Its a time saver for people that don't need to remove artwork when they reset the .db

Cheers and thanks for your time! Looking forward to debug stuff for you :) 

Edited by djhifi
  • Like 1

quickmic

Currently I'm reviewing the "split" TV Show issue. Syncing leads in my case to an duplicate TV-Show record. One is empty, other one includes all seasons. This looks quite good so far, just remove the empty recordset.

...but users reported differently. I need exact specifications how you setup your Emby libraries and folder structure.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

wanderjarra

My structure is the same standardized - xxNAME SERIE - SEASON 1 - EPISODIOS, as some are on another HDD on the same NAS, I also do xxNAME SERIE - SEASON 2 - EPISODIOS. In version 4.x it works and identifies normally. I can give access to my PC, to help develop.

On 2/28/2021 at 10:09 AM, quickmic said:

Currently I'm reviewing the "split" TV Show issue. Syncing leads in my case to an duplicate TV-Show record. One is empty, other one includes all seasons. This looks quite good so far, just remove the empty recordset.

...but users reported differently. I need exact specifications how you setup your Emby libraries and folder structure.

Thanks for being looking into it.

Regarding my folder structure (I never split the same TV Show/Season into different HDDs by the way, I always place them on the same HDD) but of course, I placed that duplicated TV Show on a different HDD than the one I have, cause I thought I didn't have it.

UPDATE TO THE LIBRARY REPAIR TENTATIVE:

Resetting the library placed Season 3 of the previously duplicated show, on it's correct library entry Kodi-side but the duplicate TV Show is still present, I had to manually delete it.

While doing this, I also noticed I have 5 other TV Shows duplicated on KODI because I've got some seasons duplicated which I was unaware, and some .nfo's from deleted seasons left behind (the nightmares of having a large collection and not keeping track of everything),

This was actually a good thing, cause I spotted something I was unaware on my server and I'm now fixing it :D

Should I nuke the database or repair and manually delete leftovers?

Incremental sync used to solve this

What a pain...

PS: 2 of those TV Shows, are simply spread across 2 HDDs on the server, and I have TV Shows merge option enabled, but E4K seems to be completely ignoring this and just duplicates the entires on KODI.

Edited by djhifi

TobyTentakel
20 hours ago, quickmic said:

I'll add a option, but this feature has low priority. I'll check this is an easy to implement.

I can unfortunately no longer use E4K, it still starts the same incremental sync on each boot that never finishes, but now prevents the whole Kodi system from operating properly, so navigating menus is super slow and none of the menu entries will load and no files will play. I had to disable the addon and will wait for a fix.

docflo7
7 hours ago, quickmic said:

Hi @quickmic

Idk if this matters, but about the hardware setup, emby (4.5.4.0) is running on a QNAP TS-228A, and Kodi is running on a 2019 Shield TV.

About Library setup, I have my "anime" (content type is TV shows) library set to 2 folders:
- /share/media/anime
- /share/media/anime-airing
(both are actually on the same drive and partition)

All shows are in the "anime" folder, using the standard "<anime_name>/Season X/Episode" organisation.
Airing shows are in the "anime-airing" folder, so some of them have the latest season here, and the older seasons in the regular "anime" folder. 

Writing this, I realized there are some "inconsistencies" in the organization, but it leads to the same issue with empty shows anyway.
Here's a list of the different cases: 

For "Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken" I have
- anime/Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken/Season 1/<episodes>
- anime/Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken/Specials/<episodes>
- anime-airing/Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken/Season 2/<episodes>

For "Dr Stone" I have
- anime/Dr Stone/<season 1 episodes>
- anime-airing/Dr Stone/Season 2/<episodes>

For "Re Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu" I have
- anime/Re Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu/Season 1 - Director's Cut/<episodes>
- anime/Re Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu/Season 2/<first part of season 2>
- anime-airing/Re Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu/Season 2/<second part of season 2>

For "Black Lagoon" I have
- anime/Black Lagoon/Season 1/<episodes>
- anime/Black Lagoon/Season 2/<episodes>
- anime/Black Lagoon - Roberta's Blood Trail/<season "3" episodes>

Each of them are shown as 1 show in emby.

I hope this can help you !

@quickmic I've just catched up with posts from past months and I'm glad you decided to keep Native Mode.

I'm also one of the users that uses it from day one. 

quickmic
37 minutes ago, TobyTentakel said:

I can unfortunately no longer use E4K, it still starts the same incremental sync on each boot that never finishes, but now prevents the whole Kodi system from operating properly, so navigating menus is super slow and none of the menu entries will load and no files will play. I had to disable the addon and will wait for a fix.

At the moment I cannot reproduce this issue 🤔

Actually, I'm also not sure if this is an issue or correct. Long syncs could be  valid, if the Emby server updated many items. As you are using large music libs and Emby server in new versions updates all of them this could be absolutely correct.

In your log snapshot includes no duplicates, so looks ok. You have to figure out if, the updates are correct. e.g. Is Emby server running syncs or did in the last days?

Therefore you must manipulate the last sync dates in the settings.

Syncs on boot relates to those dates.

TobyTentakel
2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

At the moment I cannot reproduce this issue 🤔

Actually, I'm also not sure if this is an issue or correct. Long syncs could be  valid, if the Emby server updated many items. As you are using large music libs and Emby server in new versions updates all of them this could be absolutely correct.

In your log snapshot includes no duplicates, so looks ok. You have to figure out if, the updates are correct. e.g. Is Emby server running syncs or did in the last days?

Therefore you must manipulate the last sync dates in the settings.

Syncs on boot relates to those dates.

Up to 2 days ago, all libs were fully synced. Since then, I did add 3 complete TV shows to my TV lib, and this incremental update is being detected and processed by E4K on each boot, since it apparently can't finish processing that update. So nothing to do witj the music libs. Maybe this update contains too many new episodes/files that are being added? I will try setting the sync timestamp to a later date and see if that works.

As I said, the sync itself seems to work, all new files are in Kodi (and only once), it is just E4K starts the last sync every time and always keeps spinning after the last file (I waited 10 hours last night just to make sure it wasn't just slow in processing). Can provide a full log if interested.

quickmic

Maybe the timestamp was not updated after the incremental sync. The timestamps will be updated after a complete (incremental) sync. If there is a crash,  it will stick to the last date. This would lead to new sync on next boot.

But you mentioned, there are no crashes in the log?

Yes please, send me a complete log and check the timestamps.

Edited by quickmic

TobyTentakel
6 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Maybe the timestamp was not updated after the incremental sync. The timestamps will be updated after a complete (incremental) sync. If there is a crash,  it will stick to the last date. This would lead to new sync on next boot.

But you mentioned, there are no crashes in the log?

Yes please, send me a complete log and check the timestamps.

The sync seems to finish and it even updates the timestamp in the sync.json file! Not sure what is going on here. I will send you two log files via PM.

Thanks

djhifi

@quickmic I've been reading previous pages regarding "Native Mode". I've always used this since day 1 of the addon because I thought (it's even in the wiki) that it makes skin interactions with kodi work.

For example stuff like ratings, rotten tomatoes, trailers, etc, etc.

But now you say trailers dont work in native mode (for example).

But I am in native mode and trailers work.

I use Aeon Nox:SiLVO skin and lots of plugins supplied by that skin, like "similar movies" "more movies from this director" etc etc.

But then you also said you tried to put everything into addon mode for 5.X so now I ask:

Whats the difference between native mode and addon mode?

I dont trancode from my server, and dont want to. And I also like to populate my skin with as much information as possible. 

And I always thought Native Mode would be the correct way to achieve this.

PS: im having issues with Up Next. When i click tto play next, the video plays but always with breaks. I need to stop playback and manually play it.

But i reported this in upnext thread, but seems its also related to your maintenance afterall? (saw ppl commenting this on previous pages)

Edited by djhifi