New Plugin - Subscene subtitle

nRafinia
Go to solution Solved by nRafinia,

52 minutes ago, MarauderEMBY said:

Is this plugin still working or under development?

Hi, can you try it out and report your experience?

grimevil
On 09/01/2024 at 05:06, Luke said:

Hi, can you try it out and report your experience?

I have it installed on the the latest beta and it works fine for me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MarauderEMBY

I have it installed but as of yet to add a movie without subs.. I have downloaded most of mine manually from Subscene.com. Will let you know...

jscheeren

G'day Luke,

This plugin has not been working for a while for me. Here are just a few alerts from this morning:

image.png.ca1ad8217ed2c011f5b63916092d71e5.png

1 hour ago, jscheeren said:

G'day Luke,

This plugin has not been working for a while for me. Here are just a few alerts from this morning:

image.png.ca1ad8217ed2c011f5b63916092d71e5.png

HI, I would suggest attaching an emby server log for the plugin developer to review. Thanks.

jscheeren

Luke, will get around to sending log file if the developer indicates he has an interest, as I am out of town. In the meantime, I have uninstalled the plugin given the situation. This is the error message which I had saved earlier:

Cheers,

jan

image.png.651b09f3620895475f18bd7f05bbfe71.png

• Thanks 1

nRafinia
3 hours ago, jscheeren said:

Luke, will get around to sending log file if the developer indicates he has an interest, as I am out of town. In the meantime, I have uninstalled the plugin given the situation. This is the error message which I had saved earlier:

Cheers,

jan

image.png.651b09f3620895475f18bd7f05bbfe71.png

Hi jscheeren

Thanks for your report. If you can send me the log file, I will be grateful.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
kyma

Hi

Guys plugin is NOT DOWN

to make it work with latest version of stable version you just need log out with your opensubtitle account. 

Hopefully it get fix with new update

1 hour ago, kyma said:

Hi

Guys plugin is NOT DOWN

to make it work with latest version of stable version you just need log out with your opensubtitle account. 

Hopefully it get fix with new update

How does it tie in with open subtitles?

kyma

No idea 

But when you insert your opensubtitle details in the provided section , subcence plugin stop working, but when you remove the opensubtitle login details,  subcence plugin working like charm

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kyma said:

No idea 

But when you insert your opensubtitle details in the provided section , subcence plugin stop working, but when you remove the opensubtitle login details,  subcence plugin working like charm

Sounds coincidental to be honest

Locutus64

I'm a bit confused to be honest. I have not entered any subscene info only opensubtitle. I have already tested it a few days ago on a movie and it worked great. I was going to test on the Oderbruch series that just dropped to see if it could English subs for it cause I can only find S01E01 so far. As long as I don't have subscene it should work if there are subs for the series with 4.8.0.80? Thanks

kyma

Brother you are confused because you haven't read properly!

No one talk about subcence login details !

The plugin stop working if you put OPENSUBTITLE derails in opensubtitle section . And if you haven't insert any details it should work perfectly with latest stable version.

If you can't find subtile it's normal this plugin is also not totally perfect because subcence itself don't provide api and it work just fine thanks to nRafinia master job.

kyma
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Sounds coincidental to be honest

I personally think it stop working because the opensubtitle source has been changed , but the core of subcence plusgin is still on old version and it probably get fix with a mirror update on plugin .

I'm sure with next update of plugin everything will be great as it was

Chacka

I tried removing the login credentials from Open SubTitles, Removed the plugin, restarted and I still get errors in the logs when searching for subtitles on subscene tasks

2024-02-09 17:52:42.463 Error App: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Emby 4.8.1.0

Subscene2.2.10.0

10 minutes ago, Chacka said:

I tried removing the login credentials from Open SubTitles, Removed the plugin, restarted and I still get errors in the logs when searching for subtitles on subscene tasks

2024-02-09 17:52:42.463 Error App: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Emby 4.8.1.0

Subscene2.2.10.0

Hi, please attach the Emby server log. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Chacka said:

Sorry i was traveling. I've installed it, ran the scheduled task and have attached the updated log.

embyserver_new.log 291.53 kB · 0 downloads

From what i can see by reviewing the plugin code, it requires you have to either an imdb id or tvdb id set on each episode.

This happens when both are blank. it does not appear to do any lookups by name, so having at least one of these values is mandatory.