50 replies to this topic

#41 Michelangelo1338 OFFLINE  

Michelangelo1338

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 04:10 PM

Posted 22 March 2020 - 09:26 PM

Hi,

thank you for the great plugin. Can you please guide me on how to install it since I have no idea how to install a plugin to emby manuelly.
I have emby installed on a seedbox. I have a ssh access and have full root access.

Best regards.

#42 Nitro_Zeus OFFLINE  

Nitro_Zeus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 02:00 AM

Hi,

thank you for the great plugin. Can you please guide me on how to install it since I have no idea how to install a plugin to emby manuelly.
I have emby installed on a seedbox. I have a ssh access and have full root access.

Best regards.

Which Linux are you running? Debian, CentoS, Fedora etc. 

i know it's Win10 but it gives the understanding of what to do, and search for ;)

- u need to download the "Emby.Subtitle.Subscene.dll" file (finger rule don't change the name of the file) 

- then u need to locate the path to the plugin folder, i dont know where you're folder to Emby is placed on your Linux machine. 

- then u just need to place the file "Emby.Subtitle.Subscene.dll" in there aswell. restart your Emby server and add the Subscene function on your Movie Library folder 

- The path can look like this user@PlexServer:/var/lib/emby-server/plugins$ ls 

- you have to find that out as part one. 

Somone already explained something about this look here: https://emby.media/c...install-plugin/

- more info here: https://unix.stackex...other-using-ssh

- locate to your 5e784e80eb020_Subscene.png5e784e8d18ec4_Pluginsfolder.png

Edited by Nitro_Zeus, 23 March 2020 - 02:03 AM.

• ntfox likes this

#43 Lightkeeper OFFLINE  

Lightkeeper

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 03:10 PM

Posted 05 April 2020 - 04:17 AM

Thank you for a great plugin. Automatic mode works very well, however, can you add a manual mode where you can manually search for and download subtitles like there is for Opensubtitles and Addic7ted?

And to Emby developers. Why don't you just add Subscene to the standard library like you have Opensubtitles? Opensubtitles lacks a lot of subtitles, because everyone uploads to Subscene today. I saw a post where the developers said that Opensubtitles and Subscene uses the same database, however that's far from the truth. An example:

Subscene

THU14VTl.png

Opensubtitles:

exC3Rw7l.png

Subscene is hands-down the best. Please add it! Thank you

• ntfox likes this

#44 ntfox OFFLINE  

ntfox

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Local time: 06:40 PM

Posted 05 April 2020 - 05:49 AM

Hi

Due to the rules of the subscene site, it is not possible to provide the plugin officially. I would be happy if anyone could help.

Must limit this plugin to community distribution only based on their terms of use:

https://subscene.com...gal-information

4. Grant of License to You to use Contributions for Personal, Non-Commercial Purposes

4.1 License. We grant you a non-exclusive license to use and copy other users’ Contributions solely for personal, non-commercial purposes subject to the restrictions set forth herein.

4.2 License Restrictions.

4.2.1 Retention of IP Notices. If you download, copy or print a copy of the Materials (as defined in Section 6 below) for your own personal use, you must retain all trademark, copyright and other proprietary notices contained in and on the materials.

4.2.2 No Circumvention of IP Protection Mechanisms. You shall not either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service or other means remove, alter, bypass, avoid, interfere with, or circumvent any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices marked on Contributions or any digital rights management mechanism, device, or other content protection or access control measure associated with Contributions or the Site.

4.2.3 No Unauthorized Copying, Broadcasting or Screen Scraping. You shall not either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service or other means copy, download, reproduce, duplicate, archive, distribute, upload, publish, modify, translate, broadcast, perform, display, sell, transfer, rent, sub-license, transmit or retransmit Contributions except as permitted in Section 4.1.

#45 ntfox OFFLINE  

ntfox

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Local time: 06:40 PM

Posted 05 April 2020 - 05:53 AM

Thank you for a great plugin. Automatic mode works very well, however, can you add a manual mode where you can manually search for and download subtitles like there is for Opensubtitles and Addic7ted?

And to Emby developers. Why don't you just add Subscene to the standard library like you have Opensubtitles? Opensubtitles lacks a lot of subtitles, because everyone uploads to Subscene today. I saw a post where the developers said that Opensubtitles and Subscene uses the same database, however that's far from the truth. An example:

Subscene

THU14VTl.png

Opensubtitles:

exC3Rw7l.png

Subscene is hands-down the best. Please add it! Thank you

Hi

You can search manually from the Edit Subtitle menu and select the subtitle you want.

#46 Lightkeeper OFFLINE  

Lightkeeper

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 03:10 PM

Posted 05 April 2020 - 05:54 AM

Hi

You can search manually from the Edit Subtitle menu and select the subtitle you want.

It doesn't work... only find results from Opensubtitles

#47 Nitro_Zeus OFFLINE  

Nitro_Zeus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 12:50 AM

It doesn't work... only find results from Opensubtitles

Hi make sure you have these options enabled in Emby on your Movie Library. and try to disable Open subtitle for a better test 

- also make sure the Emby.Subtitle.subscene.dll is placed in your Plugin folder!  

- can you go to a random movie, press "more" -> "Edit Subtitles" and search for your current language. try first with Hash Match, if it does not find anything try without. 

- i would also enable the "Reports" plugin for more details about any report, and activity on my server. 

5e8ab506cead3_LibraryOptions.png5e8ab50fc8a23_Reports.png

Edited by Nitro_Zeus, 06 April 2020 - 12:53 AM.

• ntfox likes this

#48 mk.mustafa OFFLINE  

mk.mustafa

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 06:10 PM

Posted 08 April 2020 - 04:26 PM

Hello,

How can I install it on Emby for DSM (Synology NAS)?

Hi,

I created the subtitle plugin for Subscene. Please install and let me know if there is a problem

5e667600ab806_Annotation20200309172638.p

Version 2.0.0 is released, Add subtitle search capability for TV series
Version 1.2.3 is released, More efficient search output

#49 MEE2day OFFLINE  

MEE2day

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 04:59 PM

this is great, thank you very much

• ntfox likes this

#50 Nitro_Zeus OFFLINE  

Nitro_Zeus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 09:50 AM

see picture, when i search manually for Subtitles, it gives me this. i tried restarting Emby server and the Client that it's running on. same error. is this a common for others as well? 5e98627469cc5_20200416_154751.jpg

#51 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156835 posts
  • Local time: 10:10 AM

Posted 16 April 2020 - 11:43 AM

Check the server log, it will have more info.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: subtitle, subscene

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users