Let me start off by saying I am glad to be done with Plex and Emby feels MUCH more consistent if not a little quirky so I bought a lifetime preimer pass, love it. So I'm stoked to be using emby. I started using emby in a VM but noticed my disk ops were bottle-necking emby so I installed Emby on a dedicated machine with the following specs:
- Intel Core i7-4770K
- 16GB DDR3 Ram
- Drives: OS Drive 128GB SSD, DVR Drive 1TB 7200RPM HDD, Media Drive 3TB 7200RPM NAS HDD
- Operating System: Window 10 Pro Build 1909 Patched all the way up
- HD Home Run PRIME TV Tuner
while up front everything will be on 1 3TB disk I will be going out later today to buy 2 more 3TB Disks so that each library can live on their own disk.
My Questions concerns are these:
- Why is there a considerable lag when loading titles? It takes about 12 seconds for a movie to start playing after I choose play.Full disclosure I'm still copying over media to this server but I don't think that should be an issue.
- There are gaps in guide. I can see all the channels my HD Home Run is reporting but some channels have no guide info but will stream.
- I have read on the sub that putting in a 10-series GPU helps? Can anyone explain this or let me know where I can go to read more about this / enable?
- The android app doesnt seem to be working great. It always gives me the option to sign into connect even though I'm pretty sure I've already done that, It's laggy and I'm not sure if that's my server or the app, other issues I'm not able to articulate quite yet.
does the community have any thoughts on my setup and how I can solve the 4 issues above?