VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

pünktchen
48 minutes ago, redlozenge said:

However when I try to use the m3u playlist it just seems to hang. I'm trying in to play it in VLC.

The videolist file it mentions in the log snippet below was created, but as far as I can tell it never starts actually transcoding anything.

Yes, the current version has some small bugs in Continous Playback (this is used for "external" m3u) that never occured to me. I've already fixed it in a private build, but i also want to make some other changes before releasing it. Hopefully i'll find the time to get it ready at the end of next week.

• Agree 1

redlozenge
9 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Yes, the current version has some small bugs in Continous Playback (this is used for "external" m3u) that never occured to me. I've already fixed it in a private build, but i also want to make some other changes before releasing it. Hopefully i'll find the time to get it ready at the end of next week.

Ahh okay, thanks for your help!

apache07x

This is awesome I've been wanting something like this for a few years and finally stumbled upon this. I got it installed and my channel is populated but it won't play. I press play and I'm just getting an infinite circle like it's waiting to load but it never loads. Anyone have any ideas what may be causing this?

petera209

I apologize if this has been asked before. I have updated my logos for a few channels but the old channel logo continues to appear in the android app, even after I have cleaned Emby cache. I am able to to see the new logos in the web dashboard but not in the app.  Is there something I need to do to fix this? Great job in the plugin!

pünktchen
7 minutes ago, apache07x said:

I press play and I'm just getting an infinite circle like it's waiting to load but it never loads.

Which playback mode and which app?

7 minutes ago, petera209 said:

I am able to to see the new logos in the web dashboard but not in the app.  Is there something I need to do to fix this?

Don't know for the Android app, but the next plugin release has some changes to logo handling to improve such situations.

apache07x
3 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Which playback mode and which app?

Don't know for the Android app, but the next plugin release has some changes to logo handling to improve such situations.

I'm running emby on a synology NAS 718+ and use android app to access it from a sony bravia but I've tried playing it through my android phone and the web browser on laptop as well. I have it on continuous playback mode and have tried both live and archive. I'm not real tech savvy but I do read and follow instructions pretty good if you can help me out. On the TV it just timed out and gave a pop up that said "Unable to tune to this channel at this time" if that helps any

pünktchen

The answer is two posts above your report. But if you don't have a Roku, i highly recommend to use the Playlist playback mode.

apache07x

I'm sorry. I changed it to playlist and it works now. Thanks for the help and again sorry for the redundancy.

petera209

I apologize if this question has been previously asked. Is there a way to wipe playlist information in the channels I created and have the guide repopulate? When I refresh the guide now, it just adds additional shows and movies but it does not erase anything already in the cue.  I am using the Playlist feature as the Continuous live didn't work because my files were not all under the same codec.

Edited by petera209

pünktchen
2 hours ago, petera209 said:

When I refresh the guide now, it just adds additional shows and movies but it does not erase anything already in the cue.

As far as i remember you're the first one ever with such a problem. How does that evolve? Can you make some screenshots before and after guide refresh to visualize the problem? Also what is the plugin sort order for the channel?

warrentc3

what logic, if any, is there for handling multiple versions of a movie?

say there’s SD, 720p, 1080p, 4k versions available, how is any one particular version chosen?

pünktchen
18 hours ago, warrentc3 said:

what logic, if any, is there for handling multiple versions of a movie?

In Playlist mode there's no logic at all, because i send the base item to the client. The base item is database entry of the movie, not of the underlying video sources. So it's up to client what version will be played.

In Continous mode i prefer the codec chosen in the plugin settings over sdr and over 3d.

apache07x

Sorry if this question has been asked but I'm having an issue where it just reloads the same shows everyday on tv shows. Another words on Last Man Standing or Big Bang for Instance where they have multiple seasons it just keeps reloading seasons 1 to 3 everyday. I should add we like to watch in order and I'm in playlist mode. is there a way to set it up so it will run through the whole series before it restarts at episode 1?

pünktchen
2 hours ago, apache07x said:

is there a way to set it up so it will run through the whole series before it restarts at episode 1?

You have to only include unwatched items and have a play with the "Automark watched" setting.

crusher11

How much does it load in at once? I have mine set to random episodes and I seem to always, or almost always, get the same handful of episodes playing whenever I look at the guide.

pünktchen
32 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

How much does it load in at once?

Everything.

crusher11

What does "everything" mean? One day's worth of shows? Two? A week? All the episodes it can find?

I've definitely seen the same episode on consecutive days.

pünktchen

Everthing means all episodes with every guide refresh. For the future i will not answer anymore to questions regarding the randomness. I explained multiple times how randomness works in the computer world and even posted the code i use. As long as nobody comes with a better solution in code and not only with some strange ideas, it will not change! So either live with it or leave it.

crusher11

So if I change the scheduled guide refresh task to be less frequent, it should repeat episode less often? 

apache07x
2 hours ago, crusher11 said:

So if I change the scheduled guide refresh task to be less frequent, it should repeat episode less often? 

Yes it will refresh and thereby repeat the same episodes less but as @pünktchen said to me before if you set it to only unwatched items with the automarked watched option enabled it will only play unwatched items. By doing that I assume every few days you'll have to go into your library and mark items unwatched again

crusher11

I don't want to do that, though, because I also watch episodes outside of the plugin.

It just gets old seeing the same episode pop up every day. Obviously the randomiser has its biases, but the longer it goes on each shuffle, the more variety there will be.

apache07x
38 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

I don't want to do that, though, because I also watch episodes outside of the plugin.

It just gets old seeing the same episode pop up every day. Obviously the randomiser has its biases, but the longer it goes on each shuffle, the more variety there will be.

I'd suggest setting it up as random then and have it refresh once every few days or once a week depending on the size or your series/library then you'll only have the possibility of seeing the same episodes every few days or weekly.

crusher11

It already is random, but the randomness isn't sufficient to stop some episodes popping up way more often than others, which is exacerbated if the refresh interval is too short.

VicMoore

I don't believe the randomizer is the problem. From my perspective, the problem is that all hours of the day are treated equally, when in my case I only watch TV during certain time segments, such as 7pm till midnight. Currently, my content is spread equally across each day. Most of it I never see because it's own when I am not watching. If I could specify a favored time period during which all of my content will be randomly spread, then I could see everything over time. For the remainder of the day the current algorithm could be used. Just a thought.

Vic

pünktchen
27 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

For the remainder of the day the current algorithm could be used.

And what algorithm should be used in your favored time then? The only thing that would make sense is to show nothing for the remainder of the day.