4.3.0.25 path for tv shows lost

rechner123

bobaxx29

Emby server is totally wrecked for me, neither removing the trailing slash of the media path nor re-installing an older version works.

Im gonna reinstall and scan again for hours....but i think this is the last time, i hope, next time im gonna back to another media center solution. Because on my rpi4, a domotic solution is working as well and i didnt really want to completely destroy my home automation.

but Fortunately, i didnt bought an "emby premiere" account.

Edited by bobaxx29

sarutobi

Good morning, is update 4.3.0.26 safe to update? The warning is available, but I'm afraid to update and mess up my entire library. Thanks for listening

@@Luke

Is there a stable release version in the works, that doesn't cause update problems, because I'm still reading user posts having issues with .26.

For that reasons, I keep my main Emby Server on 4.2.1.0 for now.

• Like 1

sarutobi

@@Luke

Is there a stable release version in the works, that doesn't cause update problems, because I'm still reading user posts having issues with .26.

For that reasons, I keep my main Emby Server on 4.2.1.0 for now.

I'm also afraid so I'm keeping on 4.2.0.1, waiting for a 100% stable.

• Like 1

IAmSasha

I just updated to latest stable and having similar issue. My TV library folder and my Movies library folder now say "0 folders" and I can no longer click into it. The files are still there and are watchable, but I can't edit the library anymore.

Happy2Play

I just updated to latest stable and having similar issue. My TV library folder and my Movies library folder now say "0 folders" and I can no longer click into it. The files are still there and are watchable, but I can't edit the library anymore.

Has a Library scan finished?  What do your Folder paths look like?

IAmSasha

Has a Library scan finished?  What do your Folder paths look like?

Library scan has finished. Folder paths look like the following:

For movies:

• E:\Movies
  • F:\Films

For TV Shows: 

• E:\Tv Shows
  • F:\TV

Still reporting 0 folders though. It must know that the paths are there however otherwise I wouldn't be able to watch anything surely?

Edited by IAmSasha

Here's a patched build for the trailing slash issue:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/byr6jo7djhx5v0c/embyserver-win-x64-4.3.0.26.7z?dl=0

I'll publish it to the stable channel once we get a little bit of feedback. 

Please note - this issue is limited to those who setup their libraries by manually entering the folder path using a trailing slash. When you use the directory picker in the UI to click on a folder, it doesn't save it this way.

Please note - this issue is limited to those who setup their libraries by manually entering the folder path using a trailing slash.

If I understand this correctly, when no trailing slash is present in "<Path>" found under "<MediaPathInfo>" in ANY library "options.xml", the issues reported here don't occur ?

So users with no trailing slash in "options.xml", can safely upgrade now, without waiting for next fixed stable, right ?

IAmSasha

If I understand this correctly, when no trailing slash is present in "<Path>" found under "<MediaPathInfo>" in ANY library "options.xml", the issues reported here don't occur ?

So users with no trailing slash in "options.xml", can safely upgrade now, without waiting for next fixed stable, right ?

I have no trailing slashes in mine and I still have this problem. I wouldn't recommend updating atm

I have no trailing slashes in mine and I still have this problem. I wouldn't recommend updating atm

I believe yours is different and is the same as this: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/79630-mixed-content-type-library-broken/

This is related to using our older linux packages that used to be hosted on OpenSuse's OBS service. Then later he migrated to our downloadable linux packages, and as part of the migration process he setup a symbolic link. So there is some complexity there that is not being handled.

Happy2Play

Everyone's setup is different I had no issues on my stable build.  But the easiest way to test is ensure you have a backup of your programdata folder or enter Emby-Server folder (depending on OS) as that contains your databases, configs, and potentially metadata.  Backup size will vary depending on where you store your metadata/images.

Topics likes these show the importance of HOST SYSTEM backups.

IAmSasha

I believe yours is different and is the same as this: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/79630-mixed-content-type-library-broken/

This is related to using our older linux packages that used to be hosted on OpenSuse's OBS service. Then later he migrated to our downloadable linux packages, and as part of the migration process he setup a symbolic link. So there is some complexity there that is not being handled.

I'm using windows 10 to host my emby server

Everyone's setup is different I had no issues on my stable build.  But the easiest way to test is ensure you have a backup of your programdata folder or enter Emby-Server folder (depending on OS) as that contains your databases, configs, and potentially metadata.  Backup size will vary depending on where you store your metadata/images.

I did have some backups, restored and no such luck. I'm going to probably just re-generate the libraries :)

I'm using windows 10 to host my emby server

I did have some backups, restored and no such luck. I'm going to probably just re-generate the libraries :)

Ok so then if you provide the info requested here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/79481-43025-path-for-tv-shows-lost/page-3&do=findComment&comment=809063

I will try to track the issue down.

Happy2Play

You had system backups (machine) or your had Emby Server Configuration Backups?

Tremas

I've had my system down for four days now while deciding what to do. My TV library is reporting zero items like others have noted. I could try to restore using the Emby backup utility, use windows restore to roll back prior to the update, apply the patch, or just re-add the library with the correct path and rescan. I'm not sure which is most likely to restore my metadata customizations so any suggestions are welcome.

Also, I went to try the patch but the link is broken again. Any idea where to get it?

I've had my system down for four days now while deciding what to do. My TV library is reporting zero items like others have noted. I could try to restore using the Emby backup utility, use windows restore to roll back prior to the update, apply the patch, or just re-add the library with the correct path and rescan. I'm not sure which is most likely to restore my metadata customizations so any suggestions are welcome.

Also, I went to try the patch but the link is broken again. Any idea where to get it?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/79481-43025-path-for-tv-shows-lost/?p=810931

IAmSasha

Ok so then if you provide the info requested here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/79481-43025-path-for-tv-shows-lost/page-3&do=findComment&comment=809063

I will try to track the issue down.

Have done

You had system backups (machine) or your had Emby Server Configuration Backups?

Both, but system backup is a bit too much effort for what it's worth. I can still watch my TV shows and movies, just can't seperately scan entire library. I've sent Luke some stuff so hopefully he can figure out what's gone wrong :)

Happy2Play

Rolling back the system is the only way if your customization only exist in the database.  But if that is the case then that creates a situations where you can not update do to changes and or database issues.

Have done

Both, but system backup is a bit too much effort for what it's worth. I can still watch my TV shows and movies, just can't seperately scan entire library. I've sent Luke some stuff so hopefully he can figure out what's gone wrong :)

Ok, I'm pretty sure I know your issue, which is actually the same as the linux one I just mentioned. It's ultimately from moving the server's program data folder. Older versions of the server didn't do quite as good of a job preparing for this and you've still got paths in your db pointing to the old location.

That's why you can browse the library because the content is all in the db, but library setup is having a problem due to that mismatch.

Happy2Play

So some of this issue is from migrated databases.  Databases that contain both TypeBaseItems and MediaItems.  A new database only contains MediaItems.

IAmSasha

Ok, I'm pretty sure I know your issue, which is actually the same as the linux one I just mentioned. It's ultimately from moving the server's program data folder. Older versions of the server didn't do quite as good of a job preparing for this and you've still got paths in your db pointing to the old location.

That's why you can browse the library because the content is all in the db, but library setup is having a problem due to that mismatch.

Hi,

What was the old location? Just so I know what to find and replace :)

Here's a patched build for the trailing slash issue:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/byr6jo7djhx5v0c/embyserver-win-x64-4.3.0.26.7z?dl=0

I'll publish it to the stable channel once we get a little bit of feedback. 

Please note - this issue is limited to those who setup their libraries by manually entering the folder path using a trailing slash. When you use the directory picker in the UI to click on a folder, it doesn't save it this way.

I've updated this patch with a revised version. @@IAmSasha it may resolve your issue now. Thanks.

My metadata backup is 15GB on its own, my config gets backed up daily using the Emby plugin, but the metadata which is stored on a separate drive and the server and sub directories get backed up weekly... :mellow:

Oh the system directory gets renamed before every version update as well....

Edited by Ice