4.3.0.25 path for tv shows lost

rechner123

I installed the patch and re-scanned. Everything is back. However I have a new problem.

I have one library set as TV Show that has personal videos. The names are custom in a way that they do not match with anything tvdb online. So in the past, before the update, the server took images from the videos for each episode. Now it does not and only shows the folder.jpg for each episode. How can we do it that for each episode, it takes an image from the video file itself like before.

I installed the patch and re-scanned. Everything is back. However I have a new problem.

I have one library set as TV Show that has personal videos. The names are custom in a way that they do not match with anything tvdb online. So in the past, before the update, the server took images from the videos for each episode. Now it does not and only shows the folder.jpg for each episode. How can we do it that for each episode, it takes an image from the video file itself like before.

Check the image fetcher settings for the library and make sure the screen grabber image fetcher is enabled.

Anybody else? I know I've only given you patched versions for Windows. I've gotten positive feedback from Zodler and few people privately. If i can get a couple more then I'll push this out for everyone.

• Like 1

So will the patch put the folders back in the libraries or do we have to do that manually?

Whether or not this will repair already impacted installations most likely depends on what you may have done to try and fix it after you noticed it. The less you've done, the more likely it will be to restore everything back to normal.

• Like 1

Techie-v2

I've done nothing apart from a library rescan to see if they magically appear I like to leave the fiddling till the developers know what's wrong. Super work on getting a fix out!

CBers

Not sure what the issue is, as it doesn't affect everyone that has upgraded from 4.2.0.1.

Would be interested in @@Luke's description of the issue though.

I am still on the last Beta and I do not have any of these issues, nor do any of my family and friends that have had the Stable upgrade install overnight.

This isn't something that was tested in BETA, as there are no testing plans when a BETA is released, just a "suck it and see" approach.

Beta releases need to be more structured and specific testing tasks need to be highlighted so that they can be tested thoroughly.

@@Luke What was the issue please and why weren't more people affected?

No-one reported anything like this during the beta cycle.

sebasmiles

Whether or not this will repair already impacted installations most likely depends on what you may have done to try and fix it after you noticed it. The less you've done, the more likely it will be to restore everything back to normal.

Thanks for fixing this like! I'm on the docker version, once I saw that it deleted everything I simply stopped the docker in the hope that it could get fixed.

Once the docker is corrected, what is the best process? Should I take a copy of all the files in it? Do I just need to update the docker and re-scan or is there a way to roll back to how it was before the update without having to rescan?(I don't back up my appdata folder, so unless emby keeps a backup, I don't have a backup).

Yes the patch is working. After install you have to do a rescan and that takes a long time.

I also never got a message to install a C or C++ library like some other people reported here.

Edited by Zodler

@@Luke What was the issue please and why weren't more people affected?

No-one reported anything like this during the beta cycle.

It affects users who created their libraries in a version of Emby Server prior to 3.5, and never changed library paths in any version that came after that. So essentially setup the library paths and left them untouched for a long time. This could also have happened if you created the libraries on 4.X by restoring from a backup created by a very old version of the server.

So I apologize but I missed this as part of the upgrade procedure into 4.3.

Beta users are generally more willing to reinstall fresh every now and then. You've probably done that with your beta install at some point along the way and that's why you never ran into it there.

• Like 8

Thank you for the quick fix. So are our libraries updated to the new standard? Will we have problems with new future stable updates or all is good for us after the patch?

CBers

It affects users who created their libraries in a version of Emby Server prior to 3.5, and never changed library paths in any version that came after that. So essentially setup the library paths and left them untouched for a long time. This could also have happened if you created the libraries on 4.X by restoring from a backup created by a very old version of the server.

Beta users are generally more willing to reinstall fresh every now and then. You've probably done that with your beta install at some point along the way and that's why you never ran into it there.

Thanks Luke.

Techie-v2

Applied the patch and it seems to be working. Re scan started and I'm starting to get thumbnails back in some libraries so all good.

Good work @@Luke and thanks for getting it sorted so quick

• Like 1

sebasmiles

You aren't superman, we all make mistakes especially with something as big as I am sure emby is. Most people will get frustrated for a second, but reasonable people once they get over the initial surprise will understand that it happens to everyone.

PS. I see an update to the docker right now, is this with the fix or just a rollback to previous version?

Edited by sebasmiles
  • Like 1

I have this problem for 2 of my 3 folders. One of the 2 folders, my TV folder, I tried updating the folder but that didn't help. Should I delete the whole TV folder and re add it? I'm not at home, so I have no way of installing a patch.

Edit:

OK, was able to come home for a bit.  Applied the patch and my movies directory is back now, but my tv folder isn't.  Thats the one that I added the folder link back in, but it still doesnt work.  Do I need to completely delete it and re-add?  Will that kill my watch history?

Edit2:

I tried what I did previously again, deleting the current link and readding it under TV, and rescanned, and now everything is back. So it looks like everything is working again.

Edit3:

I noticed one thing now though, whats considered latest in both my movies and tv folder is all messed up now.  I didn't use that feature that often anyways, but it is definetely not what was added to the library latest.

Edited by Roshy

I have had no issues except for extra playlists which I just deleted, this was not isolated to the current "stable" release, it happened a while back in one of the beta updates. I didn't think much of it because I just deleted the extra lists, next time something like that happens I will report it. I also lost one media directory a while back on an earlier beta, but I just added it back in and did a scan, everything returned with no on going issues. I was running 4.3.0.24 beta before the latest "stable" was released. I will do a check to see if the transcoding data is still being displayed, I have several house hold users and no one has complained about anything as yet. I run Emby Server on Win 7 64bit with all data stored on a NAS

edit 1: transcoding data is still being displayed

edit 2: I don't do auto updates for the Server software, I download the zip file and just copy over the system directory. I do rename the old system directory in case I need to roll back.

Edited by Ice

Wavecrest

Installing the patch seems to have broken Emby entirely for me. I downloaded it, unzipped it, renamed the existing system folder to "system.oldold," and copied over the system file in the patch (see attached screenshot).

Restarted my machine, and now when I try to open either my library or server configuration page, I get the error "Could not find a part of the path '\dashboard-ui\index.html'."

Deleting the new system file and dropping the ".oldold" extension from the old one cures that, but then I'm back to the problem I was having originally (no items found in my TV library). What should I do?

post-523040-0-67103900-1574400214_thumb.png

• Like 1

aspdend

Another long time user affected by this issue here - wish I had read this topic before my system auto updated yesterday. Although I installed a new instance of server probaly 4.2 relatively recently on my main machine when I replaced the main SSD, I did a backup and restore, so historically my setup harks back to the old mediabrowser days too - is it therefore advisable to do a full clean install and try and blast away those remaining vestiges of mediabrowser 2.6.2 or whatever version it was when I started? If you were wondering, I saw most (not all, maybe 10 out of 12) libraries were empty, made sure the files were still on my server hardware, did a scan, realised the paths were missing, added the paths back in and then started a scan about 11pm last night that was still going on when I left for work this morning...

Bunnyhunter

Anybody else? I know I've only given you patched versions for Windows. I've gotten positive feedback from Zodler and few people privately. If i can get a couple more then I'll push this out for everyone.

Patch worked for me.

Directories are shown in library again. (Not sure if every Library setting is still the same as before. And as I haven't touched the system since month I can't prove it.)

After rescan everything is back. 

ravid394

I was not affected but updated to the latest patched version and still see no issue.

this is just an FYI to get the newer build rolled out before others have issues

cheers!

benjamoomin

The 32bit version worked for me, still had to do a scan afterwards like others have mentioned, but all back to normal after that.

Thanks

crashkelly

Hi,

Not sure if I should create a new thread for this or not as it is happening on version 4.3.0.26 that was just released 45 minutes ago.

Essentially having the same issue on 3 of my 5 libraries after this update. For TV Shows I removed the library and then setup it up again and let Emby do the library scan and now the library is showing "0 folders". The other two libraries still show the folder count but clicking to them on the main dashboard shows "No items found"

I have attached the log file from today to this post.

As an FYI, I do have Emby set to do automatic updates and my system updated straight away after coming back on line from 3 days of rebuilding my backups.

Emby is running on Windows 10 Pro 64bit that as fully patched, well as of a couple days ago.

Thanks for your assistance on this

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play

Hi,

Not sure if I should create a new thread for this or not as it is happening on version 4.3.0.26 that was just released 45 minutes ago.

Essentially having the same issue on 3 of my 5 libraries after this update. For TV Shows I removed the library and then setup it up again and let Emby do the library scan and now the library is showing "0 folders". The other two libraries still show the folder count but clicking to them on the main dashboard shows "No items found"

I have attached the log file from today to this post.

As an FYI, I do have Emby set to do automatic updates and my system updated straight away after coming back on line from 3 days of rebuilding my backups.

Emby is running on Windows 10 Pro 64bit that as fully patched, well as of a couple days ago.

Thanks for your assistance on this

But this 4 minute log does not show any issues.