4.3.0.25 path for tv shows lost

rechner123

troyhough

Same issue with 4.3.0.26....

After the .26 update, you added OR better yet, deleted/added the media paths, performed a scan, and nothing shows?

crashkelly

Have been testing some more and have got my "TV Shows" library back now

I looked through my existing libraries and saw that the ones that were still loading properly were in the form of "\\SERVER\Library" and the ones that were not were in the form of "\\SERVER\Library\" (trailing slash)

I have attached the latest log file and am going to try another library right now but it will take awhile to scan

Will update again after

Thanks

embyserver.txt

• Like 1

CBers

@@Luke Just checked a friend's server that updated to Stable 26 and although it updated OK, it wasn't an unattended update, as it needed to install the C++ update that others have mentioned.

If you change something that requires this sort of intervention, then you need to publish this information before you release it, otherwise automated updates will take Emby down and it will be unusable.

• Like 5

Happy2Play

Did a test updating 3.5.3.0 (oldest available I could find) to 4.2.1.0, then to 4.3.0.26.  The test system already had updated C++. Had one database only library, 121 dummy movies.

Upgraded from 3.5.3.0 to 4.2.1.0. allowed plugins to update and restarted again.  No apparent issues.  Did not look at or configure any setting, only a library scan.

Then upgraded from 4.2.1.0 to 4.3.0.26, no apparent issues.  Library folder was not lost.

Then I did a 3.5.3.0 to 4.3.0.26 test.  Library folder was lost.  Library scan added folder and re-fetched everything.  So I would guess there could be a situation in previous installs this could happen.

Only tested on Windows.  Did not do any Restore testing.

• Like 1

Thanks for doing that. Yea if someone is coming all the way from 3.5, they will need to run a scan to restore some things.

• Like 1

Tremas

Thanks for the info. The patched version should prevent others from having a problem once the update is re-released.

So, I found out last night that I'm getting bit by this one too. It seems to be only one library (TV) as the others were more recently moved/edited. Unfortunately, my TV library has the most custom content (edited text in the metadata manager for specials) so I'm really hoping I can get it all back.

Other than doing a scan I haven't done anything to try to fix it yet, but am unsure where to start. It sounds like some of the others who have tried to add back the directory had some issues. Is there a re-released update on the way, or should I just dive in and apply the patch? I'm on Windows FWIW. Thanks.

jamesponty

Quick post just in case it helps someone else, I still had issues through 4.3.0.26 with paths such as \\x.x.x.x\movies\. Folder count was zero even after rescan. Changing the path to \\x.x.x.x\movies allowed everything to start working again. The trailing "\" in the path seemed to be an issue for me.

Edited by jamesponty
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

So there are two with network paths with trailing slash issue.  Post 129 and 136.

Edited by Happy2Play

So there are two with network paths with trailing slash issue.  Post 129 and 136.

FYI No such issue with my network paths, all still working after latest update to .26

crashkelly

Ok, so I hope this can help out as I was able to replicate the issue on one of my smaller libraries.

Prior to replicating, I had gone through the non-working libraries, removed them completely, and then readded using paths without the trailing slashes and all were working as expected.

What I did:

1. Turned on debug logging

2. Turned off Emby Server

3. Removed all existing logs

4. Started Emby Server

5. Removed my 3D library completely

6. Let the resulting library scan complete

7. Added the 3D library with the path "\\EMBY-SERVER\movies_3D$\"

8. Let the resulting library scan complete

9. Checked the library and found "No items found"

10. Removed my 3D library completely

11. Let the resulting library scan complete

12. Added the 3D library with the path "\\EMBY-SERVER\movies_3D$"

13. Let the resulting library scan complete

14. Checked the library and found that all movies existed as expected

15. Turned off debug logging

Would be happy to test anything else if it would assist.

Cheers

EDIT: In both cases the library scans took the same amount of time so the path was being accessed as part of the scan so the issue may reside in the display of the titles that are part of the library as opposed to the scanning or the library itself.

embyserver.txt

Edited by crashkelly
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

@@Luke

I just  did update testing 3.5.3.0 to 4.2.1.0 to 4.3.0.26 with network path with trailing slash ie "\\server\movies\"

3.5.3.0 to 4.2.1.0 has no issues.

4.2.1.0 to 4.3.0.26 Library folder appears but it was EMPTY (no items), scan made not difference.  Had to removed the trailing slash for items to be seen.

Did it manually by editing the library options.xml

Have been testing some more and have got my "TV Shows" library back now

I looked through my existing libraries and saw that the ones that were still loading properly were in the form of "\\SERVER\Library" and the ones that were not were in the form of "\\SERVER\Library\" (trailing slash)

I have attached the latest log file and am going to try another library right now but it will take awhile to scan

Will update again after

Thanks

Thank you!! I had the same issue. I upgraded from 4.3.0.23 to 4.3.0.26, and restored a backup from last week. Still had the library problem. Changing the content from /server/library/ to /server/library fixed it for me!

• Like 1

crashkelly

Thank you!! I had the same issue. I upgraded from 4.3.0.23 to 4.3.0.26, and restored a backup from last week. Still had the library problem. Changing the content from /server/library/ to /server/library fixed it for me!

No problem and happy it helped you out as well. Cheers

Happy2Play

So it would appear .25/.26 has a trailing slash path issue no matter the path type.

pgriffith

Well, bit the bullet and upgraded to .26 from a REALLY old original Mediabrowser install and had no issues. I did check my paths for trailing /'s beforehand just to be sure and there were none.

So all seems ok.

Same problem here with Qnap x64. Upgraded from 4.2.1.0 to 4.3.0.26, long time lifetime premiere user. In my case the TV library path still shows in the console, but no shows, scans take hours.

Edit: Even though the upgrade was performed, And I have the 4.3.0.25+ Bug, in the dashboard it still shows 4.2.1.0. Interesting...

Edited by geoclay

In my case, I can now report a success.

Setup: Ember Server on a virtual machine with Windows 10 Pro - Library on a Synology NAS

I had previously entered "\\NAS\video\" as the path.
Deleting and re-entering immediately did not help.

I had also mapped the paths in Windows and now entered the drive letter "V:\" instead.

Now the library fills up again.

I had previously installed the patch from this thread and can't tell if it would have worked without it.

• Like 1

Wavecrest

I can also confirm that following an 4.3.0.26 auto-update, removing the final slash in the folder path cured the problem for me. I didn't see any way to simply edit the existing path, so I removed the folder and re-added it, at which time I was able to delete the slash at the end. Pretty easy fix.

It affects users who created their libraries in a version of Emby Server prior to 3.5, and never changed library paths in any version that came after that. So essentially setup the library paths and left them untouched for a long time. This could also have happened if you created the libraries on 4.X by restoring from a backup created by a very old version of the server.

So I apologize but I missed this as part of the upgrade procedure into 4.3.

Beta users are generally more willing to reinstall fresh every now and then. You've probably done that with your beta install at some point along the way and that's why you never ran into it there.

@@Luke - thank you for the quick fix. I installed the patch and got my libraries back, somewhat. Ran a scan, and rebooted for good measure. But for some reason, it's still reporting zero items. My default/system/admin user see the items (like TV Show library - Show B) but no Seasons or items below that. Other users just see the library name, but no items.

But, at some point things eventually started flowing back in.

Thanks again for your quick attention to this.

I too had server installed back when this was MediaBrowser... so definitely from the old era.

@@Luke - thank you for the quick fix. I installed the patch and got my libraries back, somewhat. Ran a scan, and rebooted for good measure. But for some reason, it's still reporting zero items. My default/system/admin user see the items (like TV Show library - Show B) but no Seasons or items below that. Other users just see the library name, but no items.

But, at some point things eventually started flowing back in.

Thanks again for your quick attention to this.

I too had server installed back when this was MediaBrowser... so definitely from the old era.

You may want to double check library access for your users and make sure that is correct. Thanks.