4.3.0.25 path for tv shows lost

rechner123

Rjoancea

Can you send me the info I requested above? Thanks.

sorry to be dense...is that backed up in the plugin based backup files? If so I can go through and dig it out from yesterday. Otherwise I don’t have a clean backup of that folder elsewhere that I can easily pull on this system.

Happy2Play

sorry to be dense...is that backed up in the plugin based backup files? If so I can go through and dig it out from yesterday. Otherwise I don’t have a clean backup of that folder elsewhere that I can easily pull on this system.

Root/Libraries would be but not the library.db.

@@Sahne, did you run into the issue? If yes can you send me what I mentioned above? Thanks !

No however I ended up with two recording library. My original one and one which I believe is the default one. Both libraries however show same content. I think I could just delete the additional one however wanted to check first if I could provide any info about it logs etc...

pgriffith

My install is so old it's still installed in AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\

Super paranoid now, disabled auto updates the second I saw this post.

Is the best way to proceed just to make a copy of the entire MediaBrowser-Server folder beforehand?

Do you want a copy of my files Luke, I don't know if I'm affected yet?

Edited by pgriffith

No however I ended up with two recording library. My original one and one which I believe is the default one. Both libraries however show same content. I think I could just delete the additional one however wanted to check first if I could provide any info about it logs etc...

Just did a library scan and now I have three recording library folders showing under my media  :blink:

My install is so old it's still installed in AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\

Super paranoid now, disabled auto updates the second I saw this post.

Is the best way to proceed just to make a copy of the entire MediaBrowser-Server folder beforehand?

Do you want a copy of my files Luke, I don't know if I'm affected yet?

Yes please, thanks.

troyhough

I got an email saying there was a new stable version. I checked the server web interface and it wasn't showing the new version even after I refreshed the page. So I went to the official Emby site and clicked the Windows Server download and installed it from there.

Like others said, it prompted for a C++ install/update or something. I went with it.

No issues yet.

Edited by troyhough

I got an email saying there was a new stable version. I checked the server web interface and it wasn't showing the new version even after I refreshed the page. So I went to the official Emby site and clicked the Windows Server download and installed it from there.

Like others said, it prompted for a C++ install/update or something. I went with it.

No issues yet.

Yes I think I know the conditions that are required in order to run into this and I'll let you know once I've confirmed it. This isn't something that will affect everyone.

DAVe3283

This hit me tonight when I sat down with friends to watch TV. Noticed Emby server was not running (client could not connect, web page said will be up soon or similar). Logged on to the VM where it made me install a new C++ runtime, then it started.

Sat down & started watching TV. 1st episode, everything was fine. 2nd episode had no thumbnail or chapter images (to skip the intro). 3rd episode had no chapters, then everything was just gone.

The media is still on the server, but the library entries have no folders anymore. Really hoping I don't lose my played history on all this, or it can be restored somehow. I have the Server Configuration Backup plugin, but restoring yesterday's backup didn't work. Ended up manually adding the folders back to the library entries, and it is re-scanning now.

I have the log from the fateful startup attached. Sadly, I don't have a VM snapshot of right before the issue. I can get you any files you want from the last snapshot, about a year ago. :/

Much like others have experienced, when I told it to do a rescan before adding the folders back to the libraries, it would complete in 7 seconds and not add anything back.

Edit: after adding the folders back and doing a rescan, it appears it kept the watch history! So that's a silver lining, I suppose.

embyserver-63709881138.txt

Edited by DAVe3283

braigo64

This has crushed me. Wife reported Emby wasn't working this evening despite using it earlier in the day. Couldn't access the server from the android app on her phone. I popped onto the server (Win7), saw  a C++ update and updated that. Went to Emby and saw there was a new version ready for install and just needed a server restart. When it came back up, went to a playlist and it was empty. Checked the music library, empty. Checked the movie library, empty. TV Shows empty! Collections empty!

Went to the libraries and the empty ones had lost their paths. Added their paths back in and rescanned. That was at about 6pm tonight. Noticed the scan got up to about 87% and then went to a crawl. Checked the logs and saw that upon restart it had decided to delete everything in the system and that it was currently pulling thumbnails from each chapter of each movie and tv episode. It's nearly 1am and the scan is at 95%.

Now I have to redo all collections, redo all manual image changes to movies, tv shows, artists, etc. This is a nightmare!

• Like 1

benjamoomin

I've just had the same thing!

Windows server had a c++ install waiting, and after Emby server restarted while library has disappeared, noticing movie and folder libraries have no folders defined anymore!

Is there a way to rollback without having to scan everything?

I've not added the folders back yet.

I've just had the same thing!

Windows server had a c++ install waiting, and after Emby server restarted while library has disappeared, noticing movie and folder libraries have no folders defined anymore!

Is there a way to rollback without having to scan everything?

I've not added the folders back yet.

Apologies for the disruption. I found some things based on the data provided by the other user and I'll have a patched build for you shortly. 

Thanks Luke.

(fingers crossed this will avoid a full scan) :)

Please try this build:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v44hkt1ii4rpli9/embyserver-win-x64-4.3.0.25.7z?dl=0

Unzip it, and just copy the system folder over the top of your current system folder. If you need help locating it, it's the folder that contains embyserver.exe. Thanks.

CBers

Hi @@Luke that has put the folder locations back in the settings but the library still have no items. Do I still need to do a full scan still?

I would.

benjamoomin

Not sure how the data is stored exactly but I found a large file called library.db in the data folder opening in notepad++ I can find media file paths from the libraries, so not sure why Emby can't shiw them.

CBers

Not sure how the data is stored exactly but I found a large file called library.db in the data folder opening in notepad++ I can find media file paths from the libraries, so not sure why Emby can't shiw them.

The library.db file is the main Emby database that is used to stored media related information.

Did the library scan run ?

benjamoomin

Hi cbers. No, no library scan has run yet, so it seems odd that that library file is full of data referencing library files but nothing is showing on any client app. Think I'll just take the plunge and initiate a new scan.

This has crushed me. Wife reported Emby wasn't working this evening despite using it earlier in the day. Couldn't access the server from the android app on her phone. I popped onto the server (Win7), saw  a C++ update and updated that. Went to Emby and saw there was a new version ready for install and just needed a server restart. When it came back up, went to a playlist and it was empty. Checked the music library, empty. Checked the movie library, empty. TV Shows empty! Collections empty!

Went to the libraries and the empty ones had lost their paths. Added their paths back in and rescanned. That was at about 6pm tonight. Noticed the scan got up to about 87% and then went to a crawl. Checked the logs and saw that upon restart it had decided to delete everything in the system and that it was currently pulling thumbnails from each chapter of each movie and tv episode. It's nearly 1am and the scan is at 95%.

Now I have to redo all collections, redo all manual image changes to movies, tv shows, artists, etc. This is a nightmare!

It's really important to keep Emby backed up. The metadata folder isn't that big.

Also maybe disable auto-update....that's the first then I uncheck.

PenkethBoy

Is it possible you setup the libraries by copying programdata folders from your previous install? Or do you think you did it all with the UI?

Did it via UI

PenkethBoy

OK - i have figured out what the route cause is for the Missing Folder paths for some libraries

Having compared a backup of 4.2.1.0 from the day before the upgrade i did last night

The Issue is that for the two libraries i lost - options.xml - did NOT contain a path - My very strong suspicion is that when the *.mblink files were retired (which do contain the path) and Emby moved over to just using the options.xml path - no update of the options.xml file to include the path was done

4.2.1.0 IIRC still uses the *.mblink files which contain the path for Emby to search for each library - hence why 4.2.1.0 was working fine

and 4.3.0.25 does not use these so - library path disappears from Emby - and we get this huge mess

NOT the first time this sort of not updating xml files has occured unless you actually edit them in EMBY

The fact my other library files did have the path added was because they had been edited recently/after the change and once the options.xml file is saved the path gets added - so those libraries we picked up OK

• Like 4