4.3.0.25 path for tv shows lost

rechner123

Happy2Play

My metadata backup is 15GB on its own, my config gets backed up daily using the Emby plugin, but the metadata which is stored on a separate drive and the server and sub directories get backed up weekly... :mellow:

Oh the system directory gets renamed before every version update as well....

Right but with a system backup you can totally restore the previous working setup.  Without it the damage may already be done during a Emby update when the items may get dumped from the database nuking your central metadata at the same time since they are saved via a database id that gets purged on item removal.  

All users that do not store metadata with media need to ensure they have a backup plan to be able to recover.  Or you could be starting from scratch.  All precautions are attempted to be made to prevent the nuker option from happening, but it has happened with database updates.

Edited by Happy2Play

Same problem here just with tv shows I had to rescan all of my tv shows seems to be a very, very long process.... moving slow but it's working

IAmSasha

Since i'm on windows I don't have the /var/lib/emby or /var/lib/emby-server, I wasn't aware that the programdata on windows had moved tbh, I couldn't find anywhere in my library.db that didnt exist anymore in any of the tables. Luke said that the latest patch might fix the issue so i'm going to try that when I get home :)

cptlores

My metadata backup is 15GB on its own, my config gets backed up daily using the Emby plugin, but the metadata which is stored on a separate drive and the server and sub directories get backed up weekly... :mellow:

Oh the system directory gets renamed before every version update as well....

If you are will to go through all that hassle to make sure you metadata is safe, you should consider doing a proper VM/docker setup.

Running the Emby server as a docker container there are no auto update unless you specifically select to download the latest docker image yourself. So no surprise updates breaking your system. And since emby folders are vitalized by docker, it is easier to handle metadata folders etc. Further running the docker environment in a VM (Proxmox/VMware etc) gives you even more control, and the ability to snapshot the Emby system and instantly return to a working state if and when something breaks. You can even go to the extreme and set up a HA (High Availability) environment with multiple VM servers/sessions for fail-over redundancy.

Since i'm on windows I don't have the /var/lib/emby or /var/lib/emby-server, I wasn't aware that the programdata on windows had moved tbh, I couldn't find anywhere in my library.db that didnt exist anymore in any of the tables. Luke said that the latest patch might fix the issue so i'm going to try that when I get home :)

@@IAmSasha let us know how this goes. thanks.

IAmSasha

@@IAmSasha let us know how this goes. thanks.

@@Luke no success i'm afraid, they're still showing as 0 folders, I checked out the library.db but couldn't find anything that would require changing.. I may just have to remake the libraries

I just updated to 4.3.0.30 from I think .25

Emby acting normally... it shows a new movie I just added on the homescreen.

I happened to go into Library page and all libraries show 0 folders, so I searched and found this thread.

My options.xml files look good for each library:

<PathInfos>
    <MediaPathInfo>
      <Path>\\QNAP\Media\TV</Path>
    </MediaPathInfo>
  </PathInfos>

Any idea what is going on here?  Seems like a bug in the UI since the library system seems to be operating normally.

Yes, I did a library scan.

• Like 1

Tremas

Rolling back the system is the only way if your customization only exist in the database.  But if that is the case then that creates a situations where you can not update do to changes and or database issues.

Thanks. Gave the backups a try and no luck. Looks like I wasn't backing up the right directory to get the library database (Too many old configurations I guess). Patch worked, but I have to re-customize a bunch of things. Boy, it sure is fun having to recreate a library right before a holiday.

Anyhow, it's not as bad as it could have been. Most of the newer stuff was saved to NFOs. It really sucks to get hit with something like this on a stable release, but I appreciate the help and open communication.

IAmSasha

I just updated to 4.3.0.30 from I think .25

Emby acting normally... it shows a new movie I just added on the homescreen.

I happened to go into Library page and all libraries show 0 folders, so I searched and found this thread.

My options.xml files look good for each library:

<PathInfos>
    <MediaPathInfo>
      <Path>\\QNAP\Media\TV</Path>
    </MediaPathInfo>
  </PathInfos>
Any idea what is going on here? Seems like a bug in the UI since the library system seems to be operating normally.

Yes, I did a library scan.

Same but I had it sounds like, but it could depend on if you're running Linux or Windows

Yes the library setup thing is due to the explanation I have earlier. I tried to fix it with a hack but that apparently was not successful. Other possible approaches I thought of I felt were too risky to push straight to stable, so we'll look at it on the beta channel.

cptlores

So you are trying a potential fix in beta, while the 'stable' is causing havoc for users? Maybe time to revert 'stable' to a proper stable version?

Yes the library setup thing is due to the explanation I have earlier. I tried to fix it with a hack but that apparently was not successful. Other possible approaches I thought of I felt were too risky to push straight to stable, so we'll look at it on the beta channel.

I scanned this thread and don't find any explanation of what is going on assuming that a) I don't have trailing slash and B) I did not upgrade from a very old version.  In my case I went from 4.3.0.25 to 4.3.0.30... the problem may have been introduced when I went from 4.2.1 to 4.3.0.25 and I might not have noticed it, I'm not sure... 

So is your recommendation to try the next beta version?

Obviously the libraries are being scanned correctly since new content is showing up when I add it... and I don't have playback issues.

Isn't this just a UI issue where it shows 0 library folders?  

A clue perhaps:  for one of my libraries that has multiple folders it does show those folders and let me edit the library, but when in the library edit screen no folders are listed even though the library summary card showed at least one folder.  All others just have one folder configured and they show "0 folders" on the library summary screen and don't allow me to edit the library by clicking.

I scanned this thread and don't find any explanation of what is going on assuming that a) I don't have trailing slash and B) I did not upgrade from a very old version.  In my case I went from 4.3.0.25 to 4.3.0.30... the problem may have been introduced when I went from 4.2.1 to 4.3.0.25 and I might not have noticed it, I'm not sure... 

So is your recommendation to try the next beta version?

Obviously the libraries are being scanned correctly since new content is showing up when I add it... and I don't have playback issues.

Isn't this just a UI issue where it shows 0 library folders?  

A clue perhaps:  for one of my libraries that has multiple folders it does show those folders and let me edit the library, but when in the library edit screen no folders are listed even though the library summary card showed at least one folder.  All others just have one folder configured and they show "0 folders" on the library summary screen and don't allow me to edit the library by clicking.

Yes currently the library will function just fine, you just can't manage it in emby library setup. i'll be looking into this on the beta channel soon. Thanks.