Show off your rig..

saajan4u

PenkethBoy

Just got my hands on a 200 inch remote, retractable Theater screen.

Now I am going to buy a nice 1080p projector.

not a 4k one then for 200 inch?

shaefurr

do they glow in uv light?

They're not technically uv reactive, but they're white, so should be a nice blueish glow about them. Will post pics in a bit when I install them.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

shaefurr

Nice

But i think you need some white covers for the corsair tubes :)

Yeah I think next I'm gonna take the tubes off and replace them with some white or UV ones, they're like 3-4" too long anyways. Next build im going to do a custom loop, I just don't have enough room in this case for any pumps or reservoirs.

Also want to swap the MSI LED on the GPU to a UV one and paint the green parts of the shroud white.

Edited by shaefurr

b0dyr0ck2006

Some of these builds are insane and must have cost a fortune, how many movies do you lot store? What bitrate/size do you rip films at??

Love it, cleaned out the case yesterday, already dust everywhere.

57ec4a4001621_0928161641.jpg

57ec4a49771ce_0928161639.jpg

57ec4a541f7a2_0928161638.jpg

Wow! Looking good. You'll have to comb those cables. Lol!

RedBaron164

Here's my server setup:

Custom firewall at the top

Synology DS1815

Two Custom built servers running Hyper-V 2012 R2 with a combined total of 20-cores and 96gb of ram

Gigabit Switches are mounted on the back side of the rack at the top.

Emby is running as a VM and all my media is stored on the Synology.

post-79754-0-18698300-1475155311_thumb.jpg

Edited by RedBaron164
  • Like 1

shaefurr

Wow! Looking good. You'll have to comb those cables. Lol!

lol yeah I completely forgot to order the cable clips, Now ill have to order some and probably pay more for shipping than the clips. :P

PenkethBoy

Some of these builds are insane and must have cost a fortune, how many movies do you lot store? What bitrate/size do you rip films at??

Mine is quite modest at the moment compared to some on here with high movie counts but am building up quickly

90 Films + 500 "Extras"

1581 TV Episodes

3240 other videos of all sorts of things

Blu-Ray or DVD backups of all discs should i need to re rip etc and i have the space :)

Have a large box of unripped TV and Films i am working through so guess another 20% on top

I rip with MakeMKV and do not compress or remux just let it rip the files as it wants so some movies are over 30gb

Also have well over 500k of photos as well

so about 18TB at the moment

Maybe you should start a thread "How big is yours!" or "size does matter - honestly!"

• Like 2

shaefurr

I rip blurays to mkv's at about 9kbps but keep the original audio. Most movies end up between 7-15GB, while retaining DTS or whatever audio it had. I lost a drive last year and lost about 600 movies and some shows, which I haven't re-ripped yet, so this count is actually lower than it was a year ago even though ive added a lot of new content.

2,011 Movies

197 TV Series

5,666 Episodes

890 Albums

16,519 Songs

1,371 Music Videos

27,734 Photos

308 PC Games

4,472 Emulated games (nes, snes etc.)

• Like 1

mediacowboy

1,371 Music Videos

308 PC Games

Did you download YouTube and every game made? [emoji12] Those numbers are impressive.

• Like 1

PenkethBoy

I rip blurays to mkv's at about 9kbps but keep the original audio. Most movies end up between 7-15GB, while retaining DTS or whatever audio it had. I lost a drive last year and lost about 600 movies and some shows, which I haven't re-ripped yet, so this count is actually lower than it was a year ago even though ive added a lot of new content.

2,011 Movies

197 TV Series

5,666 Episodes

890 Albums

16,519 Songs

1,371 Music Videos

27,734 Photos

308 PC Games

Yeah wow on the games and music videos!

I forgot my music/podcasts/audio books - that adds about 8500 mp3's

oh and 2 Games - lol

shaefurr

Well the emulated games are easy since most older consoles have around 700 games or so each. Arcade alone has like 7000 but I dont have any of those:P

99% of the PC games are through Steam (yay steam sales!)

And my wife downloads all the music videos from youtube, shes been doing it for a year or so.

Should I include hours of games played? Steam only tracks 1084, before I used Steam a lot I had Raptr which tracked about 5000, and before that there was Everquest, which I think when I quit I had like 420 days played according to the /played command, so another 10000 something hours :P Emulators aren't tracked at all by Steam so I dunno what those hours are. Think I got my moneys worth lol. Usually I figure If I play for 1 hour per dollar spent its worth it, so 60 hours for a $60 game.

Edited by shaefurr

Guest asrequested

That is what I use for my Emby Server. The build isn't as fancy as some here but it works for me. Has 9 drives so far and room for one more.

I'm now trying to find an HTPC case that will hold 12-14, lol. I came close with this one, but after watching this, I decided against it.

[Youtube] https://youtu.be/6iySNJhndNM [/Youtube]

Guest asrequested

I think I just found the case for my new HTPC. I'll find a suitable server case, later. What do you guys think of this?

[Youtube]

[/Youtube]
  • Like 1

shaefurr

I like it, I was going to get the Node 804 for my kids HTPC a while back but didnt have the room width wise so had to go with a mid tower.

Fractal makes some nice cases, the sound dampening material actually works really well (unless you take the entire side off for an acrylic window like I did lol). The R3 is one of the better cases ive owned and the quality really shows.

Guest asrequested

I like it, I was going to get the Node 804 for my kids HTPC a while back but didnt have the room width wise so had to go with a mid tower.

Fractal makes some nice cases, the sound dampening material actually works really well (unless you take the entire side off for an acrylic window like I did lol). The R3 is one of the better cases ive owned and the quality really shows.

Yeah, The NZXT 630 that I have has the sound deadening on both sides. I'm trying to improve the aesthetic of my setup, while getting the functionality that I want. I think that case will be a great stacked with my AVR

shaefurr

Just ordered the Node 605, an i5 6500 and other parts, to build a new HTPC :D

Sweet, I expect pics!

Guest asrequested

Sweet, I expect pics!

For sure! Hopefully, all the parts will arrive by next weekend. Unfortunately, i couldn't buy the extra HDDs I want. I have to buy tires for my truck, damn it! lol....but I'll get them soon  :D