Show off your rig..

saajan4u

spootdev

What Infiniband cards / cables do you use. Do they direct connect or through switch? :D

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

I'm using older Mellanox cards as well hooked into a 20gb switch atm........will probably be dumping the 20g cards, cables and 20g switch "soon" after a 40g switch purchase as I see some used ones pretty damn cheap right now.

• 2 months later...
shaefurr

This is still a bit in progress, waiting for some replacement server parts and cable wall covers to come in, need to clean out the server and do some wire management. But finally got around to upgrading my TV from my 46" to a 58" 4k.

Don't mind the tiny speakers, living in an apartment I cant exactly blast anything anyway.

56be5ce251e50_0212161518b.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

This is an old post, but I had to revive for this latest Server Build.

Serveresktop2016.png

IMG_1682%20%283%29.JPG

IMG_1646.JPG

:)

Edited by chef
  • Like 2

Guest asrequested

57d36fcf87b13_IMAG0090.jpg

57d37191a706e_IMAG0091.jpg

7:1:2 Atmos Home Theater.

Pioneer Elite SP-EFS73 front speakers.

Klipsch speakers for the center, surround and surround back

Pioneer Elite SC-95 AVR

Amazon Echo (for a little basic voice control)

I also made the cabinet.

57ddd06363405_IMAG01071.jpg

HTPC / Server

Case: NZXT 630

i7 6700k CPU

32GB Mushkin DDR4

Windows 10

10 hard drives:

1 256GB NMVe Samsung 950 pro SSD (primary)

2 HGST 4TB in RAID 1

2 Seagate 3TB in RAID 1

1 2TB (mechanical)

2 1TB (mechanical)

1 250GB (mechanical)

1 120GB SSD (behind motherboard)

and a few other pieces not worth mentioning

Edited by Doofus
  • Like 5

Anthony24

@ Nice, wish I had a room similar like that.

Have a question thou and probably the wrong spot for it but I have 2 BIG files (8.67GB, 14.35GB) that won't play through my Jailbroken ps3 and amazon tv stick from a i3 4330 (wifi don't have money to buy another 75ft cable to router), Is it bc of the processor or is it bc its on wifi. speeds about 50mbs. Even tested it from my pc from LAN, didn't work, even though my pc is i7 4770K at 1000 mbs. PS3 error said something about cpu, pc or ps3 cpu?

MSattler

Have a question thou and probably the wrong spot for it but I have 2 BIG files (8.67GB, 14.35GB) that won't play through my Jailbroken ps3 and amazon tv stick from a i3 4330 (wifi don't have money to buy another 75ft cable to router), Is it bc of the processor or is it bc its on wifi. speeds about 50mbs. Even tested it from my pc from LAN, didn't work, even though my pc is i7 4770K at 1000 mbs. PS3 error said something about cpu, pc or ps3 cpu?

Probably the wrong spot.  If you have to go with wifi, I would go with nothing less than 802.11AC.  Problem is I don't think the PS3 can do AC.   So..... if you are running N make sure it's in N-Only mode.   

Guest asrequested

@ nice! What are some of the Amazon Echos abilities?

P.s. The NZXT cases a super nice!

The Echo continues to grow with it's 'skills', but the vast majority are useless to me. I bought it primarily for the voice control possibilities. I have a harmony hub, and I was hoping that Amazon would add native control. After doing some research, apparently there is a program language conflict between them. Hopefully, in time they'll figure it out. In the mean time, IFTTT is bridging the gap. At this point the only voice control it gives me is turning on and off, which I like. 

The NZXT case is really nice. When I was planning my build, I researched a lot of different cases. I hadn't heard of them prior, but I read a review and NZXT was used in comparison (favorably). So I took a look. And I have to say, it's great! The drive cages are configurable, there's lots of space, no sharp edges, sound deadening etc. I'm very happy with it.

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

Thanks.

As for your issue. I feel like there's something else going on. Two devices not playing the files, and if you didn't have enough bandwidth, the file should transcode and you should be able to play it. I suggest you start a new thread in the server area, and add as much detail as you can. Screen shots, logs, explain in more detail what you mean by 'won't play' etc.

• Like 1

shaefurr

Spent the day rewrapping my keyboard tray in new vinyl, and installing some led strips! More lights are always better right? I haven't quite decided which color to set them to, I like white but god it shows dust I didn't even now was there. Think for now I settled on a indigo color.

57defe71dcf73_0918161349a_HDR.jpg

57defe7ae80da_0918161441a_HDR.jpg

57defe82a3a4f_0918161442b_HDR.jpg

57deff48f0886_0918161448_HDR.jpg

57deff552fac1_0918161448a_HDR.jpg

57deff5c52644_0918161448b_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

shaefurr

Are you water cooling @@shaefurr?

Just the CPU with an AIO, the Corsair h75. I have my 4690k OC'd to 4.5Ghz, peaks at 65C under full load.

The stock MSI coolers work so well ive never bothered to water cool the GPU, it peaks around 60C even after hours of gaming.

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 1

Guest asrequested

Man! I feel like I need to raise my game, lol. All I can think about lately, is what can I do next. Followed by, what can I afford, next, lol

shaefurr

Man! I feel like I need to raise my game, lol. All I can think about lately, is what can I do next. Followed by, what can I afford, next, lol

lol I know that feeling, I'll go a year before I can upgrade something. Next tax refund is a new GPU :D

..kinda want some led ambient lighting behind the TV too. DreamScreen looks friggin awesome.

[Youtube]

[/Youtube]
  • Like 2

Guest asrequested

lol I know that feeling, I'll go a year before I can upgrade something. Next tax refund is a new GPU :D

..kinda want some led ambient lighting behind the TV too. DreamScreen looks friggin awesome.

[Youtube]

[/Youtube]

That looks very cool! Now I REALLY want do something! lol ....My mind is going crazy, right now 

• Like 1

@

You said you were using ifttt? I nominated my self to create an emby plugin for ifttt but I could use some help testing it. You interested?

Guest asrequested

A few people have created native control for plex. They're on github. You think you could make something for Emby? Native control would be better, but any control would be great!

Edited by Doofus

A few people have created native control for plex. They're on github. You think you could make something for Emby? Native control would be better, but any control would be great!

Yes I do believe. It will be a lot like the push notification plugin.

I will PM you.

shaefurr

945c35ca528ed4618bfcb04243d9ab86.jpg

Had an led strip laying around so made a quick mount and threw it behind the tv, now I want an actual led kit [emoji14]

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

colejack

Here's my current server and storage setup. Now not all of this is for Emby. One 4U is the MediaNAS and Emby runs in a VM on the Dell R710. The rest is regular storage and lab. If there's any interest I can create a full break down of what everything is and what its used for.

post-9294-0-43512400-1474375194_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

945c35ca528ed4618bfcb04243d9ab86.jpg

Had an led strip laying around so made a quick mount and threw it behind the tv, now I want an actual led kit [emoji14]

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I just picked up some cheap led sticky strips for my PC and Tv back.

Most led strips will run in 12 volts. That is a good piece of information. The yellow wire off your PC power supply is 12 volts.

The LED strip most likely will have 4 connections Red Green Blue and the 12 volt.

So, active wire to the 12 volt and the return line (usually the black wire) to the color you want.

But wiring like that will only give you one color.

Also, one last piece of information. USB will power... You guessed it 12 volts. So you can power your led strip off the USB in your tv.

Just though you might be interested @@shaefurr :)

Edited by chef
  • Like 1