New Statistics plugin

reggi

electrolight

Thanks, Happy2Play.

That should get me started.

With frequent software updates, the docker seems like the better way to proceed here.

Happy2Play

Thanks, Happy2Play.

That should get me started.

With frequent software updates, the docker seems like the better way to proceed here.

Auto update still happen to this zip install.

• 2 weeks later...
Dibbes

Hmmm... I always seem to get this failure:

2020-01-08 22:28:05.7972 [ERROR] Connection id "0HLSKE1KQ7LTH", Request id "0HLSKE1KQ7LTH:00000007": An unhandled exception was thrown by the application. Rollbar.NetCore.AspNet.RollbarMiddlewareException: The included internal exception processed by the Rollbar middleware ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Response Content-Length mismatch: too many bytes written (4853693 of 4853604).
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.Internal.Http.HttpProtocol.ThrowTooManyBytesWritten(Int32 count)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.Internal.Http.HttpProtocol.VerifyAndUpdateWrite(Int32 count)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.Internal.Http.HttpProtocol.WriteAsync(ReadOnlyMemory`1 data, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.Internal.Http.HttpResponseStream.WriteAsync(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Http.Extensions.StreamCopyOperation.CopyToAsync(Stream source, Stream destination, Nullable`1 count, Int32 bufferSize, CancellationToken cancel)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.FileResultExecutorBase.WriteFileAsync(HttpContext context, Stream fileStream, RangeItemHeaderValue range, Int64 rangeLength)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.FileStreamResultExecutor.ExecuteAsync(ActionContext context, FileStreamResult result)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.InvokeResultAsync(IActionResult result)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.InvokeResultFilters()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.InvokeFilterPipelineAsync()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.InvokeAsync()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Routing.EndpointMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Routing.EndpointRoutingMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.StaticFiles.StaticFileMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.StaticFiles.StaticFileMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at Swashbuckle.AspNetCore.SwaggerUI.SwaggerUIMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext)
   at Swashbuckle.AspNetCore.Swagger.SwaggerMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext, ISwaggerProvider swaggerProvider)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Builder.RouterMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext)
   at Rollbar.NetCore.AspNet.RollbarMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Rollbar.NetCore.AspNet.RollbarMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.Internal.Http.HttpProtocol.ProcessRequests[TContext](IHttpApplication`1 application)

• 3 weeks later...
Spaceboy

is there a reason that this plugin is still in the catlogue as it doesnt seem to work for anyone (me included) and no-one seems to be working on fixing it?

• Like 1

Happy2Play

First post already answers all questions, but if no community member is willing to provide a fix this plugin is officially dead and would/should need to be removed from the catalog.

Spaceboy

I think Reggi has said he’s only working on embystat now. Which is fair enough. Annoyingly this seems fixable, seems to be some tvdb error. Apart from this it’s a great little plugin

Hi. I have installed this add-on for a long time and updated. I see statistics, but I have never seen that of users of the type seen movies etc. Does that part work for you?

Spaceboy

Hi. I have installed this add-on for a long time and updated. I see statistics, but I have never seen that of users of the type seen movies etc. Does that part work for you?

based on the errors I see in the dashboard I’d say it’s that part which is broken

I'm going to remove the plugin from the catalog in a couple of days indeed. I don't have time to fix the bugs anymore sadly. 

I'm going to remove the plugin from the catalog in a couple of days indeed. I don't have time to fix the bugs anymore sadly. 

@@reggi can you instead push an update that changes the config screen to just a blank page informing users about the new standalone app? This will help people learn about it so that the don't end up thinking there isn't an alternative. Thanks.

• Like 1

Will do! I did already put a smaller message on top of the screen but I'll just remove the content and leave the message.

Dibbes

That's a real pity... I've always liked this plugin and the current reporting server has never worked properly for me. It always fails to import the library...

Yeah, it's a pity but I don't have time anymore to bug fix the plugin. The standalone server is taking so much time anyway to implement.

Dibbes

Yeah, it's a pity but I don't have time anymore to bug fix the plugin. The standalone server is taking so much time anyway to implement.

@@chef not something for you to take on? It's more or less the direction you're dabbling in anyway...  ;)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
hackthis02

Hey guys, sorry I've been away for a minute. I'll look into the issue you're having, an updated is coming.

As for right now, a work around for the User-based screens, click on the drop down menu and select a different user. It should populate the screen. Then just select the previous user.

Edited by hackthis02
  • Like 4

rdmiller13

It's working, no errors...but...it says I have all my episodes of Thursday and Friday shows I haven't uploaded yet to my media server...all 5 shows...thinking that'd be a bit odd...

Pog22

That seemed to work after a reboot - it's added a 2nd statistics version and 2nd task...but it works ;)

Thanks!

The reason for this is you now may have 2x dll in your plugins directory. The old one was named Statistics.dll (capital S) deleting it would sort your issue

• Like 1

hackthis02

It's working, no errors...but...it says I have all my episodes of Thursday and Friday shows I haven't uploaded yet to my media server...all 5 shows...thinking that'd be a bit odd...

I'm not sure why this is, Trying deleting your statistics.xml in your configuration folder and re-running the task.

Where's that translate in a windows install?  appdata/roaming/emby-server/programdata/plugins ?

I'm not running a windows build but if that is where your old statistics.dll is then yes.

• Like 1