New Statistics plugin

reggi

rdmiller13

With the release of the new Emby server version 4.2.0.40, the statistics plugin fails to run the calculate user statistics task.

@

This have a chance to be fixed or since it's deprecated, it's gone?

This have a chance to be fixed or since it's deprecated, it's gone?

Have you checked out his new standalone app?

rdmiller13

I have it downloaded and will have to sooner than later now it seems ;)  Guess I'm looking to see if I could procrastinate longer...

I have it downloaded and will have to sooner than later now it seems ;)  Guess I'm looking to see if I could procrastinate longer...

He's actively working on it. Why not provide feedback about it?

• Like 1

feerlessleadr

@@feerlessleadr Not sure exactly when this started happening, but I just enabled my email alerts for my server, and I used to get a great email with user statistics for the previous day (who watched what, etc.). 

I noticed today though that my email now states "Calculate statistics for all users failed", along with the following error:

Sequence contains no elements
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Aggregate[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`3 func)
   at Statistics.Helpers.Calculator.CalculateOldestMovie()
   at Statistics.ScheduledTasks.CalculateStatsTask.MediaBrowser.Model.Tasks.IScheduledTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

I can PM the whole log, but since it has my domain name, I'd rather not post to the forum, so please let me know if you'll need it. 

Here is some info on my system:

- Windows 10 Pro, server version 4.2.0.40

thanks

::EDIT:: @@Luke thanks for moving to the correct thread!

::DOUBLEEDIT:: Didn't realize this was deprecated. I'll give the new statistics app a try. 

Edited by feerlessleadr

CChris

Hi all,

I am getting the following error in emby's task manager now:
5d4554b623b85_2019080311_32_01Emby.png

2019-08-03 09:28:13.735 Info TaskManager: Executing Calculate statistics for all users
2019-08-03 09:28:13.735 Debug XmlSerializer: Serializing to file /var/lib/emby/plugins/configurations/Statistics.xml
2019-08-03 09:28:13.735 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to 192.168.52.254. Time: 2ms. http://192.168.52.243:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks/Running/d459f39d7abb81f5fcce03048a7ecf4d
2019-08-03 09:28:13.737 Info HttpClient: GET https://thetvdb.com/api/Updates.php?type=all&time=1564703886
2019-08-03 09:28:13.741 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.52.243:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks?isHidden=false. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0
2019-08-03 09:28:13.742 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.52.254. Time: 1ms. http://192.168.52.243:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks?isHidden=false
2019-08-03 09:28:15.416 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.52.243:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks?isHidden=false. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0
2019-08-03 09:28:15.417 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.52.254. Time: 1ms. http://192.168.52.243:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks?isHidden=false
2019-08-03 09:28:18.868 Info HttpClient: GET https://thetvdb.com/api/Updates.php?type=none
2019-08-03 09:28:18.888 Debug XmlSerializer: Serializing to file /var/lib/emby/plugins/configurations/Statistics.xml
2019-08-03 09:28:19.816 Error TaskManager: Error
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.2.0.40
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Unix 4.15.18.12
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Runtime: file:///opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.InvalidOperationException: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Aggregate[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`3 func)
	   at Statistics.Helpers.Calculator.CalculateOldestMovie()
	   at Statistics.ScheduledTasks.CalculateStatsTask.MediaBrowser.Model.Tasks.IScheduledTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)
	Source: System.Linq
	TargetSite: TSource Aggregate[TSource](System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[TSource], System.Func`3[TSource,TSource,TSource])

2019-08-03 09:28:19.816 Info TaskManager: Calculate statistics for all users Failed after 0 minute(s) and 6 seconds
2019-08-03 09:28:19.817 Info TaskManager: ExecuteQueuedTasks

Any Idea, what I should check for getting this sorted out?

Thanks and with best regards,
Christoph

darkassassin07

Announcement:

As of today (30/04/2018), I will no longer update this plugin. Only fix it when there is a Nuget Package update needed. This is because I'm working on a standalone statistics server. Here you can find the main forum thread for EmbyStat. If you have any ideas, design layouts, development knownledge feel free to participate there or on the github repo

Thanks everyone for all the support, testing and patience that made this plugin grown. But I think to get even better and more statistics, a standalone server is the way to go.

The current 'calculate statistics failed' error is know, but im not sure if reggi is planning to fix it. I believe he is pretty close to a stable release of rhe standalone server, and once that's out the plugin will be depreciated.

Edited by darkassassin07

CChris

The current 'calculate statistics failed' error is know, but im not sure if reggi is planning to fix it. I believe he is pretty close to a stable release of rhe standalone server, and once that's out the plugin will be depreciated.

Ok, thanks :)

hackthis02

Ok, thanks :)

I'm currently working on a compatibility update for the old/current Statistics plugin. When I'm done I'll submit a pull request to @@reggi

• Like 2

hackthis02

I just submitted an update to make the plugin compatible with 4.2.1.0. It should be going out soon. Going forward the updates should be closer to the release of a new version of Emby.

Edited by hackthis02
  • Like 4

rdmiller13

Any guestimation when it might hit by chance?  Finally got on board and am liking it a lot...but now it needs the update :(

Edited by rdmiller13

Happy2Play

@@Luke who updates this if @@reggi no longer maintains the code?  I downloaded hackthis02's fork and compiled the plugin myself.

reggi

Just merged the PR and pushed the update to Emby.

It's still failing for some other reason on my server, I'll have a look and create another fix when I'm home in a few hours!

Looks like a TVDB api problem

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
lexisdude

I am getting this error consistently after the newest stable build of Emby:

Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'source')
at System.Linq.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at Statistics.ScheduledTasks.CalculateStatsTask.UpdateTvdbConnection(ShowProgressCalculator calculator, String time, IEnumerable`1 seriesIdsInLibrary, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Statistics.ScheduledTasks.CalculateStatsTask.CalculateTotalEpisodes(CancellationToken cancellationToken)

----------

Plugin support, if this can be fixed - when will the newest revision be available. Mods: If this is no longer being updated/maintained - can we please remove it as part of the release?

Thanks

• Like 1

ThePaladinTech

Why did you quit using the plugin. It was easier to work.

I am getting this error consistently after the newest stable build of Emby:

Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'source')

at System.Linq.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

at Statistics.ScheduledTasks.CalculateStatsTask.UpdateTvdbConnection(ShowProgressCalculator calculator, String time, IEnumerable`1 seriesIdsInLibrary, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Statistics.ScheduledTasks.CalculateStatsTask.CalculateTotalEpisodes(CancellationToken cancellationToken)

----------

Plugin support, if this can be fixed - when will the newest revision be available. Mods: If this is no longer being updated/maintained - can we please remove it as part of the release?

Thanks

I too found this plugin to satisfy my needs, and was glad it wasn't a seperate thing like PlexPy (or tatalui or whatever they call it now) - It's done what I need but since the latest update constantly getting the same error. I hope someone will update *this* pluging :)

• Like 1

rdmiller13

I like either one that'll judge my files and let me know which ones are missing episodes....my excel spreadsheet is killing me at the moment as I get other series and don't know if they are complete :(  Always mislabel one or two and my OCD needs it perfect...

Also the old one telling me how many I needed to improve to 1080 was handy ;)  Didn't tell me which ones...but it was a number I could track and feed my ocd ;)

nick naim

I am also a big fan of the plug-in. While I lack the capabilities to work on the plug-in myself, I hope that someone will keep maintining it.

moviefan

I think to get even better and more statistics, a standalone server is the way to go.

A standalone server to track the statistics of my Emby viewing?  Say what?

• 2 weeks later...
electrolight

Thanks to OP for the coding effort.

As a fan of Tautulli I would like to try out the server, but:

- Not familiar with dockers (I know now, hottest thing since DOS ... so I read up on it, looks like VM without the VM overhead).
- When I go to the GitHub:

Windows x64
The Windows images are based on the microsoft/aspnetcore:2.0-nanoserver-1709 image. ( ==> https://hub.docker.com/r/microsoft/aspnetcore/ - DEPRECATED)
You can find the docker file here ( ==> https://github.com/mregni/EmbyStat/blob/develop/win.dockerfile404 Error).

QUESTIONS:

1) If I understand correctly, I install a Win10x64 "docker file processor" which then allows me run your EmbyStat docker files.

if so, then

• Why are you developing with/for a DEPRECATED docker?
  • Where is the correct Windows x64 docker file processor for EmbyStat located?
  • How about an improved wiki for the unwashed?

Thanks.
Edited by electrolight

Happy2Play

Thanks to OP for the coding effort.

As a fan of Tautulli I would like to try out the server, but:

- Not familiar with dockers (I know now, hottest thing since DOS ... so I read up on it, looks like VM without the VM overhead).
- When I go to the GitHub:

Windows x64
The Windows images are based on the microsoft/aspnetcore:2.0-nanoserver-1709 image. ( ==> https://hub.docker.com/r/microsoft/aspnetcore/ - DEPRECATED)
You can find the docker file here ( ==> https://github.com/mregni/EmbyStat/blob/develop/win.dockerfile404 Error).

QUESTIONS:

1) If I understand correctly, I install a Win10x64 "docker file processor" which then allows me run your EmbyStat docker files.

if so, then

• Why are you developing with/for a DEPRECATED docker?
  • Where is the correct Windows x64 docker file processor for EmbyStat located?
  • How about an improved wiki for the unwashed?

Thanks.

I currently don't use docker, I just get the "EmbyStat-win10-x64-v0.2.0-beta.14.zip" release from Github.

https://github.com/mregni/EmbyStat/releases