New Statistics plugin

reggi

crossfire13148

now the plugin has an interesting "bug" that broke how i use it!

when i click series, then "collected" it USED to sort by percentage. that way i could see when a new episode came out and i was needing it

now it is sorting by how many episodes, making it a PITA to look through almost 500 shows (shows not episodes) to find the continuing ones and see what is missing

hackthis02
13 hours ago, crossfire13148 said:

now the plugin has an interesting "bug" that broke how i use it!

when i click series, then "collected" it USED to sort by percentage. that way i could see when a new episode came out and i was needing it

now it is sorting by how many episodes, making it a PITA to look through almost 500 shows (shows not episodes) to find the continuing ones and see what is missing

I just pushed an update that I believe fixes what your seeing.

• Like 2

crossfire13148

installed, rebooted and looks fixed!

thank you for A.) fixing that, and more thanks for B.) doing it so quickly!

DarkStar1977

Hi Version 3.2.0.0 makes the interface to get stuck on loading for "User-based show progress"

Screen hangs on spinning forever:

UBSP.thumb.jpg.6992f7bc981db0f2cb8ce0502e5fc72a.jpg

In fact blocks the entires browser tab and needs to be closed and reopened.

This did not hapen in 3.1.2.0

Running Emby 4.8.1.0 on NAS WD PR4100

hackthis02
8 hours ago, DarkStar1977 said:

Hi Version 3.2.0.0 makes the interface to get stuck on loading for "User-based show progress"

Screen hangs on spinning forever:

UBSP.thumb.jpg.6992f7bc981db0f2cb8ce0502e5fc72a.jpg

In fact blocks the entires browser tab and needs to be closed and reopened.

This did not hapen in 3.1.2.0

Running Emby 4.8.1.0 on NAS WD PR4100

Have you run the schedule task since today?

DarkStar1977
5 hours ago, hackthis02 said:

Have you run the schedule task since today?

Yes, several times and always the same result.

Getting back to 3.1.2.0 works perfectly

• 2 months later...
crossfire13148

it seems, some of the series are incorrectly being marked as "incomplete" while others "complete"

examples,
i was missing a season and a half of family guy, stats report it as 100%
pen and teller fool us. it is always atleast 1 episode behind. i am missing the latest one from days ago, and it says 100%

i have all the chicago fire to date, but it is telling me i am missing 2 episodes

there are other series that it is doing these type of things to.
also scans take almost an hour, when previously, they did not? not a big deal though

btw scans run 10 minutes after midnight, to be current with the new day`s episodes, PLUS i run scans anytime i upload any new series or episodes.

i am thinking of removing the series that i know of that are messing up, and then re uploading them into the "auto organize" and letting them re place them into the series folder, then scanning. in fact i am going to do that now with fool us and see if that makes any change. a month ago i did that with a show and it fixed things. just didnt want to have to do that with a series with 10 season or more! lol

ill update what happens.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, crossfire13148 said:

it seems, some of the series are incorrectly being marked as "incomplete" while others "complete"

examples,
i was missing a season and a half of family guy, stats report it as 100%
pen and teller fool us. it is always atleast 1 episode behind. i am missing the latest one from days ago, and it says 100%

i have all the chicago fire to date, but it is telling me i am missing 2 episodes

there are other series that it is doing these type of things to.
also scans take almost an hour, when previously, they did not? not a big deal though

btw scans run 10 minutes after midnight, to be current with the new day`s episodes, PLUS i run scans anytime i upload any new series or episodes.

i am thinking of removing the series that i know of that are messing up, and then re uploading them into the "auto organize" and letting them re place them into the series folder, then scanning. in fact i am going to do that now with fool us and see if that makes any change. a month ago i did that with a show and it fixed things. just didnt want to have to do that with a series with 10 season or more! lol

ill update what happens.

And does Emby's missing episode option show the same for these shows?

crossfire13148
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

And does Emby's missing episode option show the same for these shows?

emby`s missing episode option DOES show that the episode is in fact missing for the ones actually missing an episode....

in the case of chicago fire, that stats says it is missing, emby`s missing episode shows no episode is missing, as well as me comparing the episodes to thetvdb listing, which is what i use for that.

i am currently processing fool us to see if "re-organizing it" and "re-adding it" fixes what ever glitch is going on...

then i am going to have to start checking other series to see if they are accurate.

crossfire13148
2 minutes ago, crossfire13148 said:

emby`s missing episode option DOES show that the episode is in fact missing for the ones actually missing an episode....

in the case of chicago fire, that stats says it is missing, emby`s missing episode shows no episode is missing, as well as me comparing the episodes to thetvdb listing, which is what i use for that.

i am currently processing fool us to see if "re-organizing it" and "re-adding it" fixes what ever glitch is going on...

then i am going to have to start checking other series to see if they are accurate.

OH and also the "upcoming" also shows the episode as "yesterday" so everything else seems to be "right"

(side note, it does seem upcoming does seem to crash emby on my fire stick though but that isnt a big deal to me, as i only really use that on PC anyway when i am working on the media)

crossfire13148

update: still FTP downloading fool us off server
BUT

chicago fire. 2 episodes that were in the folder were not reading as being there, but emby did not mark them as missing?
downloaded them, re uploaded into my autosort folder, processed them and rescanned library, they are show up now.
have not done a stat scan yet, as i am waiting on fool us to be fully processed.

crossfire13148

update update

in fool us....missing episodes only shows missing under "upcoming"

the upcoming one is S10E19 which is dated 19 april 2024.....yesterday.....

so although it is missing, as it has already aired, emby`s missing, as well as stats is showing it as not missing because it is marked as upcoming?

checked server time, and it is correct, checked the live tv guide, and it is correct....

so no idea why this thinks the past is still the future, but only on this show (so far only this show that i know of, 611 shows on this server)

family guy though, no clue why that never appeared on stats as missing...

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, crossfire13148 said:

update update

in fool us....missing episodes only shows missing under "upcoming"

the upcoming one is S10E19 which is dated 19 april 2024.....yesterday.....

so although it is missing, as it has already aired, emby`s missing, as well as stats is showing it as not missing because it is marked as upcoming?

checked server time, and it is correct, checked the live tv guide, and it is correct....

so no idea why this thinks the past is still the future, but only on this show (so far only this show that i know of, 611 shows on this server)

family guy though, no clue why that never appeared on stats as missing...

Okay It would have nothing to do with the plugin since the server show the same.

But can reproduce the yesterday issue.

image.png.3766d079b96859add538ef94b590e7da.png

image.png.32a781a23a596a7f8d6dadfd4a9e3535.png

@Lukewhat is the interval when an item is considered missing?

crossfire13148
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Okay It would have nothing to do with the plugin since the server show the same.

i would agree, if it was not for family guy...
upcoming tab showed it as upcoming, ie that "you have a series, that there is a new episode coming"
but stats always showed it at 100% collected,
i didnt notice it missing until i seen upcoming tab had family guy S22E15, when i added that episode, stats showed 100%, when i looked at family guy i was missing from i believe S21E13 - S22E14 (21 episodes missing)

up until i started using the upcoming tab on series, i only went by stats, hence being a month and a half behind...which i believe was approx the same time there was an updated the plug in...
i will be going through all my shows to see if any else are behind that stats are showing as 100% complete

as well as swat, upcoming tab not the switch did show it as airing yesterday, and the 0010 stat scan did mark it as missing for me (136/137 collected) so i cant test that as i already updated that episode.

4 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

But can reproduce the yesterday issue.

image.png.3766d079b96859add538ef94b590e7da.png

image.png.32a781a23a596a7f8d6dadfd4a9e3535.png

@Lukewhat is the interval when an item is considered missing?

If it has tomorrow’s date or later it should be upcoming. Anything else missing.

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, Luke said:

If it has tomorrow’s date or later it should be upcoming. Anything else missing.

For context today is the 20th and my example is yesterday the 19th only showing via Upcoming as shown above. 

image.png.1697b9f90d5536d3305e6557b5b8d8f1.png

Same example different test server.  Where is episode 9 (from the 19 as it should be Missing) as it only appears if I enable Upcoming?

image.png.c0b6ffc0b931ff5a88bb697829d39667.png

image.png.b45b12a2ca1064a86ec926c0c837bcac.png

Another example of yesterday not showing as missing.

image.gif.5acff65efe5bb197057680cb782aafa6.gif

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Thanks 1

crossfire13148

seeing this:
image.png.894b622662d385ec6ddb02cd63f5bd8f.png

But stats showing this:
image.png.b437be64999079780505f69654082323.png

i am in fact missing S10E19, but i only have 148 actual episodes, but i do have 2 additional specials....

stats seems to be once again counting specials in the number of episodes....

this also happened previously too, notice it doesnt say "148/148 + 2SP" like it used to!

This was also the same time it seems that the "show specials inthe seasons in which they aired" option also dissappeard....

which means a season that would only have 8 episodes, like fool us season 1, Now shows the count at 9 files in the season, as it is placing the special in both specials AND season 1
image.png.0aac8d06d05af311082e253ad8425614.png

image.png.23d65190ed5296b29f6c2ce61d9f792b.png

so the question here is:

is this Stats being broken, or is this a by product of losing the ability to hide specials in the season folders?

i am thinking it is a little of both, as stats is missing the SP count, as well as emby itself showing extra episodes (the specials) in season folders, something we used to be able to turn off.

this combo has broken my stats, and broken me trying to keep my shows updated, as now i dont know what is not complete.

The only fixes i have are to remove all the specials (which would destroy the show, case in point Dr Who, where the specials bridge gaps between seasons)

or just have to go show by show (current count 627 shows) and check for missing episodes (making sure to click upcoming, because of the previous issue described above) which would have to be frequent to keep shows up to date.

neither option makes sense on a server that is pretty much automated...
and still do not know why the "show in season folder" option was removed, and the thread complaining about that choice is growing too....

so respectfully, now what?

• Thanks 1

hackthis02
2 hours ago, crossfire13148 said:

seeing this:

But stats showing this:

i am in fact missing S10E19, but i only have 148 actual episodes, but i do have 2 additional specials....

this also happened previously too, notice it doesnt say "148/148 + 2SP" like it used to!

This was also the same time it seems that the "show specials inthe seasons in which they aired" option also dissappeard....

which means a season that would only have 8 episodes, like fool us season 1, Now shows the count at 9 files in the season, as it is placing the special in both specials AND season 1

so the question here is:

is this Stats being broken, or is this a by product of losing the ability to hide specials in the season folders?

i am thinking it is a little of both, as stats is missing the SP count, as well as emby itself showing extra episodes (the specials) in season folders, something we used to be able to turn off.

this combo has broken my stats, and broken me trying to keep my shows updated, as now i dont know what is not complete.

The only fixes i have are to remove all the specials (which would destroy the show, case in point Dr Who, where the specials bridge gaps between seasons)

or just have to go show by show (current count 627 shows) and check for missing episodes (making sure to click upcoming, because of the previous issue described above) which would have to be frequent to keep shows up to date.

and still do not know why the "show in season folder" option was removed, and the thread complaining about that choice is growing too....

I'll keep an eye on this. I just checked @Luke's reports plugin and the specials column on the series page is all blank. So Emby might not be reporting specials anymore.

@hackthis02I see the same with the Statistics Plugin including specials in the total number of episodes for a series instead of identifying specials as "+x sp" like it used to. I didn't realize that until reading @crossfire13148's post and checking the user-based show progress. I hadn't noticed it previously as some series in the list do have "+x sp" identified. I checked those series, and for all of them one or more of the specials has been played to completion. "+x"  is only the number of specials played, not the total number of episodes in the library.

Here is an example: I have five seasons of Babylon 5 with 22 episodes per season and eight specials. Statistics reports 22*5+8=118 as the total number of episodes. It didn't report any specials initially. But after I watched the first special, which is a pilot movie, Statistics showed "+1 sp". It still showed the total number of episodes as being 118. image.png.07f824a0787d25bcdba9e4af35aa2474.png

• Thanks 1

hackthis02
5 hours ago, crossfire13148 said:

seeing this:

But stats showing this:

so the question here is:

20 minutes ago, DarWun said:

@hackthis02I see the same with the Statistics Plugin including specials in the total number of episodes for a series instead of identifying specials as "+x sp" like it used to. I didn't realize that until reading @crossfire13148's post and checking the user-based show progress. I hadn't noticed it previously as some series in the list do have "+x sp" identified. I checked those series, and for all of them one or more of the specials has been played to completion. "+x"  is only the number of specials played, not the total number of episodes in the library.

Here is an example: I have five seasons of Babylon 5 with 22 episodes per season and eight specials. Statistics reports 22*5+8=118 as the total number of episodes. It didn't report any specials initially. But after I watched the first special, which is a pilot movie, Statistics showed "+1 sp". It still showed the total number of episodes as being 118. image.png.07f824a0787d25bcdba9e4af35aa2474.png

Thanks @crossfire13148and @DarWunThis was actually bug from the plugin rewrite a few months ago. I just pushed a fix for it.

• Thanks 1

Thanks @hackthis02!!! I just updated to v3.3.1.0 of the plugin, and I can confirm that all specials in my library are now showing up as "+x sp" whether or not they've been watched. Total number of episodes still seems to include the specials though. For the Babylon 5 example I used before, there are 110 episodes in Seasons 1 through 5 and 8 specials. Shouldn't the collected episode count be "110 / 110 (100%) +8 sp"?

image.png.28feaaeb015952e2786b97f5a00af442.png 

And another thank you @hackthis02!  The plugin just updated to v3.3.1.1. After doing so episode counts minus specials seem to be as expected.

image.png.21af4391edb5c108cb129f41219c4d1c.png

I'll post back if I see any other "wonkiness".

@hackthis02Okay...some "wonkiness" may remain. Watched episodes is double counting the special playback. "69 / 61 (100 %) +8 sp" should be "61 / 61 (100 %) +8 sp". I think.

image.png.60494465937e3bf4570c01c7cbb40fa7.png

Edited by DarWun

crossfire13148

well this is "looking" right....
image.png.e6a65838713df5125edcf9eb229fb12c.png

The problem now is i purposely have not added the episode from 19 april, S10E19, which is the 149th episode, so i AM NOT at 100%, so this should be saying 148/149
Emby IS snowing this episode missing under "missing episodes"