Terribly slow/long loading on devices using Emby

markdj

markdj

It's really hard to get the log because it's running over 1MB in size. Rebooting will probably fix the issue, but then the issue will disappear for a while. I've included multiple logs and I hope that they are useful.

I've started with running Emby after enabling the Log file (which took about 2 minutes I think), then tried to change the status of the very first episode of Justified. After 5 minutes of waiting and no update I decided to just upload the log.

Edit: still trying to grab some of the log file of Emby itself, but it's soooooo huge that this might take a while. (Edit edit: don't think it's gonna work, it's practically killing Chrome :P)

Edit 2: after a reboot I get the following message (see photo). Might have something to do with it?

kodi.log

log.txt

log-2018-10-03-12.12.51.zip

post-170439-0-89094600-1538569433_thumb.jpg

Edited by markdj

Angelblue05

I am still looking into this. Thanks for your logs. You do have a lot of updates, but it should not have any effect on opening settings, etc.

And yeah your log is getting big because I said no Kodi debug, lol. It's not needed. Only the add-on debug is needed, which you enable in the add-on settings > advanced.

markdj

Just installed it and will check back after work in about 11 hours or so, that should give it enough time to replicate it if it still exists.

• Like 1

markdj

Sorry about that. Have tested it the last few days and the problem seems to be fixed :) Can I set it back to auto-update again now?

Edited by markdj
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It seems the issue has returned. While not as long (up to a minute now for playback) it still takes a few seconds after a simple reboot. It happens after the system has been on for a while (>a day).

• Like 1

highonascii

5bc8cab6a3911_embysetting.png

It seems the issue has returned. While not as long (up to a minute now for playback) it still takes a few seconds after a simple reboot. It happens after the system has been on for a while (>a day).

Can you test something for me that I am testing? In the emby addon settings change playback to only force http and force transcode like in picture above... On my pc things fly open now with pc being on 24/7 and not restarting kodi... I would like to see if this helps people with the "slow down" issue. Thanks

5bc8cab6a3911_embysetting.png

Can you test something for me that I am testing? In the emby addon settings change playback to only force http and force transcode like in picture above... On my pc things fly open now with pc being on 24/7 and not restarting kodi... I would like to see if this helps people with the "slow down" issue. Thanks

Tried it just now but still slow as ever.

highonascii

Tried it just now but still slow as ever.

Weird... I haven't been able to recreate the slow down since it was fixed but when I tried the above setting it seemed even faster loading... Dang was hoping that would help everyone... Thanks for trying for me none the less :D

sualfred

To everyone who is facing the slowness issue:

Please check if you have the Skin Helper Script installed and if yes, please disable it temporary and let us know if this solves the issue.

Addons -> Installed addons -> Context menus -> Skin Helper Service

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

Glyde62

Please check if you have the Skin Helper Script installed and if yes, please disable it temporary and let us know if this solves the issue.

Says can't be disabled as it's used by embuary skin

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk

sualfred

Hmm I thought disabling works. In that case just delete it manually from your Kodi installation. It can be found in your userdata/addons folder and is called "script.skin.helper.service".

You can reinstall it afterwards via install from repository.

By the way:

I'm currently working on removing this dependency and it won't be required in the future anymore.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 2

sualfred

It's gathering additional informations and stuff from fanart.tv/themoviedb/etc. This is expensive and could cause all this troubles. 

Just deleted the folder, also didn't have the option to uninstall/disable. Will report later, since it takes a while before the slowdown happens.

• Like 1

highonascii

Testing now

sualfred

Please also try to remove:

- skin.helper.backgrounds

- script.module.metadatautils (cannot be found in Kodi. Has to be deleted manually)

I've noticed that these two are still doing jobs even without the main skin helper script.

Edited by sualfred