Jump to content

Join Our Translation Team


Recommended Posts

Hi everybody. I have started the translation of Emby. I have quite a bit of experience translating add-ons for Kodi. I want to apologize to all the translators who have contributed previously but I am modifying quite a few lines. I think Emby's linguistic improvement and understanding will be appreciable. I translated the 99% of tinyMediaManager app to spanish. 

There are some specific lines from a user named @basura whose contributions seem blocked or something similar, I cannot modify them.

Edited by roliverosc
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, roliverosc said:

Hi everybody. I have started the translation of Emby. I have quite a bit of experience translating add-ons for Kodi. I want to apologize to all the translators who have contributed previously but I am modifying quite a few lines. I think Emby's linguistic improvement and understanding will be appreciable. I translated the 99% of tinyMediaManager app to spanish. 

There are some specific lines from a user named @basura whose contributions seem blocked or something similar, I cannot modify them.

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello.

Is it possible to test translation to get more clear context?

For example export strings from oneskyapp and import them to the mobile app and the emby server.

Edited by uucp
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, uucp said:

Hello.

Is it possible to test translation to get more clear context?

For example export strings from oneskyapp and import them to the mobile app and the emby server.

Hi, unfortunately not at this time. The translations go into the next app updates and there's no way for you to apply them outside of that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

One question. I think strings should not be capitalized. They should be modified with some function when displaying the text according to the place. Is that possible to do that in Emby?

Edited by roliverosc
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, roliverosc said:

One question. I think strings should not be capitalized. They should be modified with some function when displaying the text according to the place. Is that possible to do that in Emby?

That's not considered a good practice. You should follow the capitalization of the corresponding English term.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've finished Ukrainian translation of the 'Web App' and 'All Apps'. Now need apps with applied translation to fix many unclear moments.

BTW I'm a professional translator and worked with dozens of translation tools and CAT systems. OneSky is the worst tool. Think about migration to the Transifex at least or try to implement import/export possibility.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Kachelkaiser

After the last update of Emby I regocnized that no of my transaltion was added into the system. I am still facing the issue that my transaltion are replaced immediatly after editing with the old value.

 

So the work of translation is wasted for me. What a pity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2020 at 5:07 PM, uucp said:

I've finished Ukrainian translation of the 'Web App' and 'All Apps'. Now need apps with applied translation to fix many unclear moments.

BTW I'm a professional translator and worked with dozens of translation tools and CAT systems. OneSky is the worst tool. Think about migration to the Transifex at least or try to implement import/export possibility.

 

On 12/1/2020 at 12:15 PM, uucp said:

Is it possible to export/import translations in format like PO, TMX? OneSky is VERY slow app. I wait longer than I translate.

 

On 12/2/2020 at 5:40 PM, roliverosc said:

I don't like onesky neither. Transifex or weblate are better

I agree that OneSky is not the best platform and it really does not offer much. Transifex and Webplate are both fine and offer good features and tools. In my book Crowdin has the best user interface though: it is simple and basic, yet offers also advanced tools which are hidden but easily accessible. Webplate and Transifex both feel a bit bloated (mostly just because of their visual design though). Also I do a lot of translating on an Android tablet (and some updating/fixes on my phone) in addition to a desktop PC and Crowdin has very responsive design which is one of the things I love about it.

Edited by olavinto
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Luke
3 hours ago, frane-rancic said:

Hi i woud like to help to translate Croatian i see lot of mistakes

Hi, that's great, thanks ! Just jump in on OneSky.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...