Join Our Translation Team

Luke
2 hours ago, roliverosc said:

I would like to join the group of translators for Spanish in oneskyapp. I translated plugin.video.emby two months ago but it still hasn't been updated from transifex.

Hi, yes I saw your posting about that. We will go over and respond to you. Thanks !

• Like 1
Luke
3 hours ago, Kachelkaiser said:

How often new translations are transported to the system(s)?

Hi, generally they're included with the next release of the server and our apps.

• Thanks 1
Kachelkaiser

ok fine thanks,

but today I recognized that my translations on the website are now set back to the old one. is that the right bahaviour until it was published?

Edited by Kachelkaiser
Luke
4 hours ago, Kachelkaiser said:

ok fine thanks,

but today I recognized that my translations on the website are now set back to the old one. is that the right bahaviour until it was published?

Hi, on what website, onesky?

Kachelkaiser

Yes right. Everytine I modified the translation to mine it is changed back to the Former Version. I tried this today with the Web App Translation . Is that the desired behaviour?

Luke
10 minutes ago, Kachelkaiser said:

Yes right. Everytine I modified the translation to mine it is changed back to the Former Version. I tried this today with the Web App Translation . Is that the desired behaviour?

Ok we have other German translators. It's possible that one of them might disagree with your translation and be changing it back.

Kachelkaiser

I understand this. but this happens automatically. I enter my transaltion into the field, press the biutton with the hook and then the transation changes to the further translation, which is an older version due to the date.

Luke
On 10/28/2020 at 4:38 AM, Kachelkaiser said:

I understand this. but this happens automatically. I enter my transaltion into the field, press the biutton with the hook and then the transation changes to the further translation, which is an older version due to the date.

@vdatanet have you run into this before?

vdatanet
24 minutes ago, Luke said:

@vdatanet have you run into this before?

Never, are you sure you click the submit button to submit the draft? It seems that draft is being discarded.

1401100049_Capturadepantalla2020-10-31alas20_21_58.png.89248773e5f113c4d6df768b98065aa6.png 

olavinto

Maybe the old translation has been voted (starred) higher and that is why it replaces the new one? When I started to do the Finnish translation I voted for some old translations and later I changed them and it took a moment for me to figure out that the translation got replaced with the old one because I had voted for it (so it had + 1 vote/star vs. 0 for the new one). When I removed my vote, the new translation took priority. No one else had voted so I could remove my own vote and even things out in my case. I do not know if there is some proofreader or similar user level in OneSky so that you could select another translation regardless of how many votes it has (like in Crowdin for example)? This sounds similar to my experience so I thought I'd bring it up.

Edited by olavinto
  • Thanks 1
Kachelkaiser

This could be a reason. But does this mean that a maybe wrong, older, higher voted translation is still used?

This is my example:

Topic: Emby Server Web App

grafik.thumb.png.948841d8d45532594d576f028e0b4bf3.pngIn

I have topic with the highlited phrase and the phrase below.

My case an older translation has the flag "approved." Could this be the reason?

Edited by Kachelkaiser
example added!
Kachelkaiser
On 10/31/2020 at 8:25 PM, vdatanet said:

Never, are you sure you click the submit button to submit the draft? It seems that draft is being discarded.

I clicked this button, but my translation is replaced with the old one immediately.

roliverosc

Hi everybody. I have started the translation of Emby. I have quite a bit of experience translating add-ons for Kodi. I want to apologize to all the translators who have contributed previously but I am modifying quite a few lines. I think Emby's linguistic improvement and understanding will be appreciable. I translated the 99% of tinyMediaManager app to spanish. 

There are some specific lines from a user named @basura whose contributions seem blocked or something similar, I cannot modify them.

Edited by roliverosc
  • Like 1
ebr
5 hours ago, roliverosc said:

Hi everybody. I have started the translation of Emby. I have quite a bit of experience translating add-ons for Kodi. I want to apologize to all the translators who have contributed previously but I am modifying quite a few lines. I think Emby's linguistic improvement and understanding will be appreciable. I translated the 99% of tinyMediaManager app to spanish. 

There are some specific lines from a user named @basura whose contributions seem blocked or something similar, I cannot modify them.

Thanks!

Hello.

Is it possible to test translation to get more clear context?

For example export strings from oneskyapp and import them to the mobile app and the emby server.

Edited by uucp
Luke
7 hours ago, uucp said:

Hello.

Is it possible to test translation to get more clear context?

For example export strings from oneskyapp and import them to the mobile app and the emby server.

Hi, unfortunately not at this time. The translations go into the next app updates and there's no way for you to apply them outside of that.

Kachelkaiser
On 11/2/2020 at 11:37 AM, Kachelkaiser said:

I clicked this button, but my translation is replaced with the old one immediately.

any news?

roliverosc

I finished the spanish translation of app web for emby server. There is some strings of @Basurawhich I cannot modify. It's a sorrow that I can't test it in my setup.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
roliverosc

One question. I think strings should not be capitalized. They should be modified with some function when displaying the text according to the place. Is that possible to do that in Emby?

Edited by roliverosc
Luke
6 hours ago, roliverosc said:

One question. I think strings should not be capitalized. They should be modified with some function when displaying the text according to the place. Is that possible to do that in Emby?

That's not considered a good practice. You should follow the capitalization of the corresponding English term.

• Like 1

Is it possible to export/import translations in format like PO, TMX? OneSky is VERY slow app. I wait longer than I translate.

Luke
53 minutes ago, roliverosc said:

Completed 100% for spanish language. 

Great, thanks !