Join Our Translation Team

ScottIsAFool

olavinto

There seems to be a problem on the library editing screen (unless I'm mistaken). At the very least I can't figure out why the language of "Movie", "Episode" and "Season" words do not change as all strings are translated at OneSky (as far as I can see) and because there is no contextual information for the strings I'm not sure which strings these are (I just know that there is a variable {0} which gets replaced by these). See attached screenshot of TV show library editing screen. This also applies to movies and possibly others as well? Is there a problem at my end or is this a bug?

pic.png

14 hours ago, olavinto said:

There seems to be a problem on the library editing screen (unless I'm mistaken). At the very least I can't figure out why the language of "Movie", "Episode" and "Season" words do not change as all strings are translated at OneSky (as far as I can see) and because there is no contextual information for the strings I'm not sure which strings these are (I just know that there is a variable {0} which gets replaced by these). See attached screenshot of TV show library editing screen. This also applies to movies and possibly others as well? Is there a problem at my end or is this a bug?

pic.png

Hi, yes you're right. These three are missing. We will add them. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
ErnadSelimanovi

I would be more than happy to join this team.. I'm working as a dispatcher for Amazon and Ammex so my english is perect.. I can speek Croatian,Bosnian,Serbian...Thank you for this opportunity I hope to join you guys.GREETINGS.

6 hours ago, ErnadSelimanovi said:

I would be more than happy to join this team.. I'm working as a dispatcher for Amazon and Ammex so my english is perect.. I can speek Croatian,Bosnian,Serbian...Thank you for this opportunity I hope to join you guys.GREETINGS.

Hi.  Thanks and welcome!

Just go to OneSky and search for the Emby project and dive in.

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2021 at 11:49 AM, JECORONAS said:

Hi, I want to join to this translation team for spanish

Hi, thanks for the offer. Feel free to jump in on OneSky.

CasaOnline

Hi, sorry for my english.

I want to make a small contribution, the SPANISH LATIN AMERICA language does not have its proper translation, However, the Spanish language Mexico, if it has its perfect translation, the problem is that Mexican Spanish and Latin American Spanish are the same, they use the same word, and the same translation, So this arrangement is totally simple, it is simply copying the same language to Latin American Spanish, since in Latin clients we have the inconvenience that everything comes out completely in English, and this is a serious problem. 

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-25 at 11.34.52 AM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-25 at 11.34.52 AM.jpeg

• 1 month later...
justin4758

sorry for my poor english.

I'm korean and I want to conturibute 

but I cant find Activity tab in OneSky. some places are not translated, but I can't find them

1995912053_.thumb.png.337242f19f452293ec19dc9d6cd512a5.png

16 hours ago, justin4758 said:

sorry for my poor english.

I'm korean and I want to conturibute 

but I cant find Activity tab in OneSky. some places are not translated, but I can't find them

1995912053_.thumb.png.337242f19f452293ec19dc9d6cd512a5.png

Hi, we'll respond in the topic you created. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Funetmedia

I'd be happy to help in translation to Arabic and also in some technical and development ideas, thanks.

26 minutes ago, Funetmedia said:

I'd be happy to help in translation to Arabic and also in some technical and development ideas, thanks.

Hi, that's great, thanks ! Just jump in on OneSky and search for the Emby project.

• 3 weeks later...
olavinto

I'd like to know if there is a proofreader (or similar) role available at OneSky? It bugs me that the translations are all marked as "Not finalized" although most of them are and many have been for years. I'd be happy to act as a proofreader and maintain the Finnish translation. This would also highlight unchecked/unknown/unclear strings and would make it easier for translators to focus on the more important strings first (although I'm the only active translator for Finnish so at this time this would really benefit only myself 😕 ). I might also be willing to write some context descriptions/add screenshots where possible depending on how that side of things works at OneSky.

I am acting as a Finnish proofreader for some projects at Crowdin, most notable ones would be AdGuard Applications and Websites and Bitwarden Applications/Web Vault.

Edited by olavinto

• 2 weeks later...
EmbyServerHome
On 3/22/2014 at 12:38 AM, ScottIsAFool said:

We've begun getting some of our apps ready to be localised into different languages, and we're in a position now where we're looking for people to join the MB3 team as translators.

You may have seen us before asking people to join our team but usually as developers, but if you can't code but still want to help out, and you speak a language other than English, then please get in touch and let us know what language you can help with. 

If you become part of our translation team, you will help translate our apps (currently: Windows Phone, Windows 8.1, Android). 

I'll be happy to help with Afrikaans (South Africa) 

8 hours ago, EmbyServerHome said:

I'll be happy to help with Afrikaans (South Africa) 

Hi.  Search for Emby on the OneSky site and jump in.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Spanish (Latin American) appears on the languages list on WEB but is not in skyone

Hi, what sub-project are you looking for it under?

I asked the question because I found the Latin American option in the list when I was doing a move installation on the remote server that I have in the Netherlands, in a datacenter. So the interface was the Web.
Curiously, I went to see all the translations that were available, for the web and others. There is no "Latin American" corresponding to the code 419.
I did a little more research and came across many variations for Latin American Spanish in your translation platform
Under the standards that are handled in subtitles for example and the translations that exist for many applications, I preferred to ask. In some applications there are translations even by country.
I wonder what subtitle companies and services would do if we found Mexican Spanish, Argentine, Puerto Rico, Colombia, and so on. True, there are idioms in each country, but for translation purposes, not even a refrigerator instruction manual comes with translation and idioms by country.

The truth is that only 2 codes should be used for the Spanish language.

1. es-419 which is equivalent to Latin America and Caribbean, this would cover ~ 680 million Latin Americans, regardless of the country.
This area covers the southern border of the United States to Patagonia, taking into account the islands of the Caribbean.

2. es-724 (es-ES) which is Castilian Spanish, which is used only in Spain and which covers only ~ 67 million which uses extreme Castilian idioms that Latin Americans do not understand because they are very local to that country.

The comparison on similar themes of language variations that come to mind are Iberian Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese.

Two main ones are also used for English, American English and British English, although United States English predominates, it is the standard for the amount of population and people in the world who speak it.

So, if they applied so many variations for the subtitles that come in a blu-ray, imagine what a disaster.

When there are dialects, it does apply so much variation, but when we talk about region, no.

Separate point. Due to politics, extreme cultural issues of some people or, who knows what other things, Mexican Spanish has been imposed on all Latin Americans for a long time by the Mexicans themselves, however, Argentines think that the idioms they use are what should be used and that has always been a struggle, I myself have experienced it in the subtitle translation sites where I collaborate. Finally, for those of us who do not live in any of those countries, it is easier for us to be neutral, not apply idioms and for all Latin Americans to use the subtitle without discomfort.
Little by little, that struggle has been changing and it has been chosen to neutralize Latin American Spanish avoiding idioms on the part of the translator, this has been positive, because the subtitles that are used the most are the most neutral and this has helped to leave the Mexican and Argentine aside and forget about that struggle.

I would like to help, but I found a mess there.

On 9/8/2021 at 4:38 PM, jebcalix said:

How I can join translation team? , I want to colaborate for LA spanish translations.

Hi, welcome. Just sign up on onesky and search for the emby project. Thanks !

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Cadkey said:

Hello, I can help you with the French translation if you need.

Great, thanks !

Painkiller8818

I've registered on OneSky now, but there is nothing to search for emby, all i can do is create a new project.

How can i get to the existing emby project?

Thanks

20 hours ago, Painkiller8818 said:

I've registered on OneSky now, but there is nothing to search for emby, all i can do is create a new project.

How can i get to the existing emby project?

Thanks

Can you also try searching with the old name mediabrowser? Although you shouldn't have to because it was renamed to emby.

Painkiller8818
On 10/12/2021 at 3:52 PM, Luke said:

Can you also try searching with the old name mediabrowser? Although you shouldn't have to because it was renamed to emby.

The problem i face is that there is no search at all on this site. i can create a new project or collab stuff but nothing more:

grafik.thumb.png.96a8a0fc62a706b49bdf3508dc943854.png

Just finished translating the "Live TV" part, and i want to say that the Notes on that subproject were great. Helped a lot with ambiguous terminology and to diferentiate what must be translated and what is Branding. I hope we can see this kind of notes more often. Thank you.