Developing a standalone embystat server

reggi

mbc0

Not sure what you think that's going to achieve, although yours seems to be going vastly slower than even mine. I'm up to 88.3% after three and a half days.

It achieves not worrying about it!  ;)  there is obviously something wrong, I cannot fix it but am happy to provide logs or test/change things to help with development but pointless letting it continue in my opinion.

reggi

Probably you all have a lot of libraries? That could be the problem with the media sync job will try to calculate all possible combinations with your libraries. Meaning that if you have 12 libraries it will recalculate the statistics 12*11*10*9*8*7*6.... ( = 479 001 600) times.

If you have over 20 libraries it will calculate them 2 432 902 008 176 640 000 times. That's some kind of a bug :) I just didn't knew people had so much libraries. So I will need to reduce the default statistics that are calculated by a lot!

reggi

@@rechigo, you will first need to setup the frontend as well.

Navigate to "EmbyStat.Web/ClientApp" and run "npm install"

After that you can navivate to "localhost:6555" but the first load will take a long time (30 seconds - 1 min), just let it run and refresh when you get an Angular error. 

If it's still failing or you have some questions you can always send me a PM as well.

Happy coding!!

@@vaise, good ideas. I'm going to remove the duplicate movies check because it's very buggy and I can't really know when a movie is a duplicate or not. I will have to add some "duplicate suspects" or something as a solution.

mbc0

Probably you all have a lot of libraries? That could be the problem with the media sync job will try to calculate all possible combinations with your libraries. Meaning that if you have 12 libraries it will recalculate the statistics 12*11*10*9*8*7*6.... ( = 479 001 600) times.

If you have over 20 libraries it will calculate them 2 432 902 008 176 640 000 times. That's some kind of a bug :) I just didn't knew people had so much libraries. So I will need to reduce the default statistics that are calculated by a lot!

aha! I might as well give up with my library collection then!  :D  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :rolleyes:

5ec241a9a7f2a_Annotation20200518090309.j

crusher11

Possible combinations of what?

And yeah, I have 16 libraries.

reggi

Hey guys, for everyone with multiple libraries I create a small beta release to fix this issue.

beta.20 can be downloaded here: https://github.com/mregni/EmbyStat/releases

It will only calculate all libraries separately and one time all of them. You will see that there is one extra calculation. That is without any libraries (same as everything), I will see how I can remove that extra duplicate calculation in the future.

I hope EmbyStat works for all of you with a lot of libraries :)

@@crusher11, possible combinations of all libraries. That's why it's an N! calculation and it blows up when you have a lot of them :)

Edited by reggi

mbc0

Hey guys, for everyone with multiple libraries I create a small beta release to fix this issue.

beta.20 can be downloaded here: https://github.com/mregni/EmbyStat/releases

It will only calculate all libraries separately and one time all of them. You will see that there is one extra calculation. That is without any libraries (same as everything), I will see how I can remove that extra duplicate calculation in the future.

I hope EmbyStat works for all of you with a lot of libraries :)

@@crusher11, possible combinations of all libraries. That's why it's an N! calculation and it blows up when you have a lot of them :)

Many Thanks!

2 hours is much more like it ;-)

vaise

Not sure if the docker was also a beta update, I did it anyway.  Not sure if my missing movies issue was supposed to be fixed in that.  I have never had a speed issue on the scan, just the 1000 ish missing movies as desc above. 

reggi

@@vaise, no that will still be a problem in the current beta. I just made a quick fix for the ones with a lot of libraries to be able to complete their scan and test the application.

Btw, is for anyone the auto media server detection still working in the wizard?

When I try to debug it on my pc I can't get it to work but no code changes are made to that part :( That why I ask

reggi

Then is probably something to do with my firewall blocking the UDP broadcast.

Thanks for testing!

neik

Reggi, one question regarding the missing episode feature:

Does it rely on Emby's library option "Display missing episodes within seasons" or is it something built-in to EmbyStats?

I would like to deactivate the Emby option but am afraid it might also affect EmbyStats.

darkassassin07

Embystat does it's own missing epp calculations. I have it disabled in emby with no problems in embystat.

• Like 2

GoofyCDN

I just tried installing EmbyStat on a Ubuntu 18.04 Emby server and it won't start.  I have followed the instructions on the wiki of the page.  Not much to them really.  When I check the status of the service it keeps aborting.  It does start sometimes, but it fails and then I get the messages below when I run systemctl status embystat.service

Jun 03 11:49:14 systemd[1]: Started embystat.service.
Jun 03 11:49:15 EmbyStat[5188]: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Jun 03 11:49:15 EmbyStat[5188]: Unhandled exception. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Jun 03 11:49:15 EmbyStat[5188]:    at EmbyStat.Web.Program.Main(String[] args)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

reggi

@@neik, sorry for the late reply. I didn't see your message. You can disable the "show missing episodes" option on Emby safely. EmbyStat is fetching the missing episodes from theTVDB API when you sync your database.

@@GoofyCDN, can you post or send me a PM with your full log? Looks like something is wrong with the parameters when it's booting but can't tell for sure.

• Like 1

reggi

Normally it there should be a /Logs folder in your install folder.

I started to create a proper installer for ubuntu ones but got stuck so didn't finish it. 

GoofyCDN

@reggi  I have changed some permissions on the folder structure and am now getting a status of 203/EXEC when running embystat

Shenniko

@@GoofyCDN

@reggi  I have changed some permissions on the folder structure and am now getting a status of 203/EXEC when running embystat

Did you
Change folder to /home/embystat and chmod the file EmbyStat
cd /home/embystat
chmod +x EmbyStat

Depending on what user you used to uncompress the files, you might need to give ownership to the user running EmbyStat:

sudo chown -R username:group directory

GoofyCDN

@@Shenniko @@reggi

I have EmbyStat extracted to /home/embystat/EmbyStat

I have made the EmbyStat file executable

I am running it with user embystat who has permissions set for all of /home/embystat

GoofyCDN

I just tried that.  I did make some changes around this morning, and then put everything back to the default.  

So now with the User=embystat in the service and with the user removed I get the same error message

This is what I'm getting now:  (code=dumped, signal=ABRT)
Not even an error code now.