Developing a standalone embystat server

reggi

Hey guys, new version is ready for download 0.1.beta.24

Changes:

Fixed (hopefully) bug that gives a white screen on movie "General" page load #1295
Added codec, HDR, and bit depth filters #1334
Fixed arg null exp bug #1338
Fixed links to Jellyfin pages #1335
Fixed null ref exp on people sync #1337
Switched to Name in movie table #1341

These are mostly bug fixes, only extra feature is 1334 (added 3 new filters in the movie table page)

Next will be adding the tv show list page and missing episodes view.

• Like 2

Hi Reggi,
My problem with the people sync has gone. Great, thanks🙂
Unfortunately it seems that the white screen for Movie General still is around.
I'm using Microsoft Edge: Version 85.0.564.44 (Official build) (64-bit) on Windows 10.

image.thumb.png.b75e22f8f102380ccc1b330dcc5812fa.png

1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

@reggi are you following the subscription and api changes happening soon on TVDB?

Thanks for pointing that out! I will have a look asap to see what needs to be changed at my side.

@pju, yeah found out it didn't get fixed at all. But that means there is another problem in the backend because for every card there should be a media id. Anyway, I'll keep you posted on this issue. Thanks for testing!!

• 2 weeks later...

This is getting better and better.

Just used EmbyStat to get an overview of all my HEVC & 10 bit movies in my library. 🙂
Would be nice to have the "list view" for tv shows as well and to be able to export the list you looking at.

Thank you, @reggi!

• Like 1

For shows, where does the number of episodes get pulled from (IMDB, TVDB, etc)? This reports I'm missing hundreds of episodes when Sonarr shows a handful from various shows. 12 Monkeys apparently has 8 seasons & 93 episodes but in reality there's 4 seasons with 46 episodes (47 if you split a two-parter).

2101863729_ScreenShot2020-09-24at7_34_32PM.thumb.png.6d4eb4faec4b3f91c48a8535a97b91db.png

@neik thanks for the kind words. I'm still working on the show table and episode lists. I think I might create my own table component because the DevExtreme table component doesn't realy fit anymore for the tables. I don't have much time now (working 2 jobs as a software developer already) to work on it but I hope I can start working again on it mid october. 

@abshole I will have to check if this is still happening when the new version is released. Thanks for the bug report!

7 hours ago, reggi said:

@neik thanks for the kind words. I'm still working on the show table and episode lists. I think I might create my own table component because the DevExtreme table component doesn't realy fit anymore for the tables. I don't have much time now (working 2 jobs as a software developer already) to work on it but I hope I can start working again on it mid october. 

@abshole I will have to check if this is still happening when the new version is released. Thanks for the bug report!

That was using version .20 I believe.. I tried using the .24 version but it appears there's no longer a breakout of missing episodes for individual shows, just a lump "missing xxx episodes".

9 minutes ago, abshole said:

That was using version .20 I believe.. I tried using the .24 version but it appears there's no longer a breakout of missing episodes for individual shows, just a lump "missing xxx episodes".

That is correct, the defail view needs to be readded soon :) 

David Patt

Thank you for great tool. I somehow pull missing episodes from log because of lack of option in Shows department right now but still it find me many missing episodes.

• 2 weeks later...
adrianwi

It's a little while since I looked at this, so thought I'd give the latest version (0.2.0-beta.24) a quick look.

It seems that every time I do it looks completely different, although the functionality doesn't seem to have progressed very far.  Perhaps I need to read back through the posts I've missed, but I find that the new forum isn't all that conducive to following specific threads.

The container built OK and I was able to connect to my emby server (I like the option of selecting WAN or LAN).  The media sync appeared to run OK, and again seemed a little faster than the last time I've played.  The TV general page displayed some useful info but when I click the Movie general page I briefly see a progress bar and then I get a white screen.

I was really hoping that when this was spun-off from the plugin to a standalone app that we might end up with something to fill the void left with PlexPy/tautulli when I migrated to emby.  Sadly, I'm not sure how much further we are than the plugin?

How do I verify what version I have installed? Update Checker Runs but doesn't give feedback. Does this mean I'm current?

jaycedk
2 hours ago, Sammy said:

How do I verify what version I have installed? Update Checker Runs but doesn't give feedback. Does this mean I'm current?

Look in your lower left corner :)

billede.thumb.png.fb66fec311ba97d472de367cac64dc93.png

• Thanks 1

darkassassin07

Hey, is anyone having issues reverse-proxying into embystat beta.24 with nginx?

I went to look at it after not having used it in quite a while and it kept giving me 'username or password unknown'. Then I tried resetting the pass and copy-pasting the one generated in the logs. No dice. Then I tried connecting directly instead of via the proxy and it let me in just fine. When using the proxy, the dev tools console in chrome shows me getting a 400 response to /api/account/refreshtoken when the login page loads, and a 400 to /api/account/login whenever I press the login button. 

proxy_hide_header X-Powered-By;
proxy_set_header HOST $host;
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header Range $http_range;
proxy_set_header If-Range $http_if_range;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $host:443;
proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";

location / {
    proxy_pass http://<embystat ip address>:6555;
}

I'm not really sure why this would be failing, especially since my config hasn't really changed since it was last working...

Any Ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,
I also have a blank page on Movies / General. I specify that I have a media library with more than 8000 media.

vepLC5W.png

Another question, there is no interaction with the series? Ex: see the missing episodes?

sziYiYO.png

Thanks you

Junglejim

This is looking really nice mate, thanks for your time working on this. I know your busy at the moment but looking forward to the next update :) .

If I could put one thing in to a future release - the 'missing shows' I would like to be a setting either on/off.  I have a load of series in my system that I ONLY maintain the last season, or the last few, and delete many old ones.  This looks real bad on my stats page.......

• Like 1

varmandra

Hello, defenetly nice work.

But from the beginning I has the same troubele with the nightly docker on linux debian, the Media Sync stops with, during scanning series

Failed to process the job 'f56902a0-e7b8-44d6-bc35-a19ec2d05436': an exception occurred.  LiteDB.LiteException: Cannot insert duplicate key in unique index '_id'. The duplicate value is 'XXXXXX'.

In the log file, there are no ID's to check where the dublicate came from, with older builds (1 year ago) it could solves this error with deleting "/app/config". With the current nightly build, clearing "/app/config" doesn't help annymore. Same Problem with the Beta docker. On windows the beta doesn't have any problems with MediaSync. (remove the last scanned serie from libary doen't help, too)

I am realy locking forward to the missing episoden function.

BdT

Varmandrta

Edited by varmandra

WilhelmStroker
On 02/11/2020 at 23:11, vaise said:

If I could put one thing in to a future release - the 'missing shows' I would like to be a setting either on/off.  I have a load of series in my system that I ONLY maintain the last season, or the last few, and delete many old ones.  This looks real bad on my stats page.......

Yes I agree, I'm in the same situation with a lot of my TV shows. Definitely needs to be an option. 

Happy2Play

At the same time with TVDB changing to subscription base it will be interesting to see how that kills a lot of apps and other management software.

For the episode sync I will need to move to the tvdb v2 API and I haven't had the time to look into that at the moment. I have been on a break from the project because of personal reasons but I will try to pick it up asap again. Nice to see that there are a lot of people trying EmbyStat and giving feedback :) 

@varmandra, do you get some more info when you run your sync with the debug flag on? And is there some kind of stacktrace in the logs to pinpoint the problem?

On 11/11/2020 at 10:40 AM, Alexwerilles said:

How can I recover my user? I forgot the user and now there's no way to log in anymore

Thanks a new problem I haven't thought about :) What you can do is the following

1. Download and run this LiteDB GUI tool https://github.com/mbdavid/LiteDB.Studio
  2. Connect to the data.db file in your EmbyStat install folder. No password is needed at the moment
  3. You want to run the following query "SELECT $ FROM users;"
  4. Your username will be in the "UserName" column

As long as I don't make some email recovery system this is the only way to know your username. Hope this helps

• 1 month later...
Alexwerilles
On 11/12/2020 at 7:23 AM, reggi said:

Thanks a new problem I haven't thought about :) What you can do is the following

1. Download and run this LiteDB GUI tool https://github.com/mbdavid/LiteDB.Studio
  2. Connect to the data.db file in your EmbyStat install folder. No password is needed at the moment
  3. You want to run the following query "SELECT $ FROM users;"
  4. Your username will be in the "UserName" column

As long as I don't make some email recovery system this is the only way to know your username. Hope this helps

I have not found a way to install on debian.

What is the correct way to uninstall embystat? I will uninstall and install again