Jump to content

Developing a standalone embystat server


reggi

Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Because of my home renovations and my first baby arriving in one month, the development of EmbyStat is slacking A LOT.

I don't have that much time to develop for it, although I did invest some time in improving the existing features. I cleaned up my code as well, and stabilized the sync code a lot. But the most fun new feature is that I implemented the play sync, meaning you can see graphs on what type of media is seen when. This is still in early development, and I'm not sure when I will create a new beta deploy for you all to test. 

I wish I had more time or a second dev working on the project, so progress would be much faster.

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
GregMo
On 3/28/2018 at 5:09 AM, cayars said:

Don't know if this would be a help or not but take a look at http://tautulli.com/. Tautulli is an open source Plex statistics server that runs onside Plex similar to what you are thinking of doing.

Thanks a lot man!  I've been avoiding python like the plague.  Don't ask me why, I really can't explain it, but I have just never wanted to use it.  Any other scripting language has been no issue.  Well, now, given this, I will have to delve into it to see what I can see, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
Ametz
On 2/27/2023 at 8:37 AM, reggi said:

Hey guys,

Because of my home renovations and my first baby arriving in one month, the development of EmbyStat is slacking A LOT.

I don't have that much time to develop for it, although I did invest some time in improving the existing features. I cleaned up my code as well, and stabilized the sync code a lot. But the most fun new feature is that I implemented the play sync, meaning you can see graphs on what type of media is seen when. This is still in early development, and I'm not sure when I will create a new beta deploy for you all to test. 

I wish I had more time or a second dev working on the project, so progress would be much faster.

 

 

I know the feeling. I have a 10 month daughter myself (no more time with anything really).

Free soft gaming days seems over at the moment.

I hope you will have time to continue this plugin someday. I like it.

This is something that should be standard in Emby by the way, so why don't Emby staff make something like this standard in Emby?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spaceboy
19 hours ago, Ametz said:

I know the feeling. I have a 10 month daughter myself (no more time with anything really).

Free soft gaming days seems over at the moment.

I hope you will have time to continue this plugin someday. I like it.

This is something that should be standard in Emby by the way, so why don't Emby staff make something like this standard in Emby?

jellystat will add support for emby soon enough https://github.com/CyferShepard/Jellystat/issues/133#issuecomment-2108412306

it is a bit sad that most of the innovation seems to be with jellyfin and emby gets added after. jellyseer is another that came the same route but is a essential complement to emby IMO

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Painkiller8818
20 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

jellystat will add support for emby soon enough https://github.com/CyferShepard/Jellystat/issues/133#issuecomment-2108412306

it is a bit sad that most of the innovation seems to be with jellyfin and emby gets added after. jellyseer is another that came the same route but is a essential complement to emby IMO

Many of this inovations start here with emby or at least are request, but sadly many things are just "good ideas for future updates" and never get touched for years by the devs and admins or the project starts here but does no longer get updates

Edited by Painkiller8818
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sydlexius

Given Jellyfin's low barrier to entry and wide install base, this isn't too surprising.  With that said, freely-developed software/plugins tend to get abandoned at a fairly high clip.  Still, it's nice to see projects like Jellyseer get scoped to include Emby...and with the potential of Overseer merging code in to support Jellyfin/Emby (last commit was about 2 months ago), the project might have legs.

@SpaceboyThanks for sharing Jellystat.  I'll have to keep an eye on it!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spaceboy
16 hours ago, sydlexius said:

Given Jellyfin's low barrier to entry and wide install base, this isn't too surprising.  With that said, freely-developed software/plugins tend to get abandoned at a fairly high clip.  Still, it's nice to see projects like Jellyseer get scoped to include Emby...and with the potential of Overseer merging code in to support Jellyfin/Emby (last commit was about 2 months ago), the project might have legs.

@SpaceboyThanks for sharing Jellystat.  I'll have to keep an eye on it!

i've been using jellyseer for over a year now, it works really well. in terms of what you say overseer vs jellyseer, i seem to remember an update in their discord a couple of months back that said they were on a par now and would be going forwards. i havent validated that though. pretty happy with jellyseer atm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

mgworek

Been using Jellyseer as well since they added Emby support. I still need to get it working for my friends to use.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
Spaceboy
On 09/06/2024 at 15:31, Spaceboy said:

jellystat will add support for emby soon enough https://github.com/CyferShepard/Jellystat/issues/133#issuecomment-2108412306

it is a bit sad that most of the innovation seems to be with jellyfin and emby gets added after. jellyseer is another that came the same route but is a essential complement to emby IMO

and jellystat with emby support is out. docker only. it looks pretty neat so far

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

vaise
On 09/07/2024 at 12:42, Spaceboy said:

and jellystat with emby support is out. docker only. it looks pretty neat so far

Just installed - Very simple - seems cool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...