Developing a standalone embystat server

reggi

@Alex3111, yes I am. It has been very silent on this project from my side. Sorry for that! I have been very busy with 2 bigger projects at the same time so time for EmbyStat is very limited. I was creating the show table again when I realised that the table I'm using is not really that good so I created my own table so it will be beter customisable in the future (also for shows). But I'm really not yet ready to release a next beta because it's still full of bugs.

Sorry for the delay!! I hope I will get the missing episode list back asap. (I also didn't figure out how to work with the new thdb v2 API, so that might be tricky as well)

image.thumb.png.d567832f22f9dea8e55483b781848ef0.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...

Hey, I know you are super busy but just wondering if there is any update on an bringing back the duplicate TV Show feature?

Thanks 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
reggi
On 3/28/2021 at 1:34 AM, mbc0 said:

Hey, I know you are super busy but just wondering if there is any update on an bringing back the duplicate TV Show feature?

Thanks 🙂

It has been some time since I worked on the project because I'm working 2 jobs at the moment and a lot of other stuff. I'm currently not working on the shows pages because I still didn't like the memory and CPU consumption of EmbyStat. So what I started building is a new Emby plugin that will calculate everything and send the statistics to EmbyStat. 

This way I can work with the Emby internal library events (so no nighty job and no more full db sync). I do have to redo some stuff to get it working properly in the plugin. As well as creating some kind of settings sync between the plugin and EmbyStat. I really hope that this change will make it possible to get EmbyStat lightweight again.

Sorry for all the delays, I never though a project of this size would be this amount of work :) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

eatmykeyboard

Hi reggi,

long time reader and user - first time poster. First off: thanks for this awesome component and your hard work on this.

I have a request or question wich might be interesting for other users as well: is it already (or will it be) possible to run statistics over not movies and series? I have lots and lots of vacation-videos, completely tagged with "actors" (family and friends), tags (like "climbing", "diving", "mountain biking", etc...) ... and i would love to run statistics over these videos as well.

As you can imagine they are not categorized as "movies" (as they aren't and i won't bother tmdb with requests) ... they are a "Home Videos and Photos"-Library in emby. Is there or will there be an option to run statistiscs over these type of libraries? I'd love to have an overview of the people and tags for them. Right now they aren't even showing up in the statistics.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: any of the other members have any insights or ideas to my question?

Edited by eatmykeyboard

• 1 month later...
eatmykeyboard

Hi all, since the beginning of april i created a feature request: https://github.com/mregni/EmbyStat/issues/1520

and upvoted this: https://embystat.featureupvote.com/suggestions/110346/support-for-extra-libraries-such-as-music-photos-and-home-videos#comment267759

For anyone who is also interested in running statistics on "home videos"-type-libraries as well, feel free to upvote :)

@reggi - as mentioned on GitHub, let me know if and how i can support you any further!

Kind Regards ...

• 2 weeks later...
julianb

Been using EmbyStat for a while now, but I still miss the feature to find duplicated movies. I don't know why it was removed, but can anyone point me to the release where it was still available?

Sammy

Duplicate movies and duplicate shows would be nice! I'm sure I'd gain a Tb or 2..

• 2 weeks later...
reggi

@eatmykeyboard thanks for creating the feature request. I will let you know when I start developing on support for other library types. I might need you as a test server since I don't have any home made video's :-) 

@julianb and @Sammy I still didn't find any good way to detect duplicate movies. Some people convert them to a lower bit stream and then I don't have to flag it as duplicate for example. There are some more edge cases that needs to be analysed before I can enable the duplicate check again. 

I'm currently moving between two places but I'm planning to start working next week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

jaycedk

@julianb and @Sammy I still didn't find any good way to detect duplicate movies. Some people convert them to a lower bit stream and then I don't have to flag it as duplicate for example. There are some more edge cases that needs to be analysed before I can enable the duplicate check again. 

He he thats easy. Ppl should know if they have movies in different  bit stream.

Add an disclaimer about it :).

And add the option to exclude the movie from the count :)

Edited by jaycedk

varmandra
2 hours ago, jaycedk said:

He he thats easy. Ppl should know if they have movies in different  bit stream.

Hiho

It is not so easy, Ppl should know, but normaly Ppl don't know. If you write a software you always has to think about the dumpest user and belive me Ppl could be very unsuspecting.

Nice german quote from Einstein: "Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher." 

eatmykeyboard
On 6/20/2021 at 10:30 AM, reggi said:

@eatmykeyboard thanks for creating the feature request. I will let you know when I start developing on support for other library types. I might need you as a test server since I don't have any home made video's 🙂

Sure thing, i am checking in here every couple of days. Just let me know when you have a debug-version and i will be happy to test or support in any way i can :)

Edit: just last month i went to sweden - hiking with a couple of friends and added some new drone- and GoPro-videos from the trip. Therefore i was just reminded of the hassle to get Statistics for these videos with the same friends in them 😕

On 6/20/2021 at 6:10 PM, varmandra said:

Nice german quote from Einstein: "Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher." 

And Hello to a fellow german Emby-User ... you should translate this quote to english for the others - so they can get it.

in English:

Einstein: "Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, but I'm not quite sure about the universe yet."

Edited by eatmykeyboard

varmandra
17 hours ago, eatmykeyboard said:

And Hello to a fellow german Emby-User ... you should translate this quote to english for the others - so they can get it.

Hi

I don't want to use google translater, because in my cases it is most time not a realy good translation.

reggi

A "duplicate discard" option would be nice. Problem is that I sync all movies every time over and over again so the discarded duplicates should be saved. It's not that difficult but I need to be sure it's not buggy. 

Anyway, I hope to get a new version out soon but I'm not promising anything yet. My work is slowing down so I might have more time working again on EmbyStat 🙂 

• 4 weeks later...
reggi

Hey guys, 

I think it took me one year to release a new beta version but it's finally here. It has been a long and hard year.

We are on version beta.26, you can download it here: https://github.com/mregni/EmbyStat/releases. You didn't miss beta.25 I just made 2 releases on the same day because beta.25 needed some more fixing first.

Biggest change is that I reenabled the show pages and the missing episode list. It's still not 100% but it's something to start with. Also I did some redesign stuff and changed the filters on the movie page. I hope you like it!

Next up is cleaning my GitHub issues section so I can have a clean restart of the project again. 

Have fun testing!

• Like 3

varmandra

The first steps look nice, in the moment the sync is running, hopefully it will run to the end. I will report how it works for me later.

BdT
Varmandra

rdmiller13

Not getting passed the setup screen - tried different browsers on different machines, somethings just thinking it's null.  Screen just goes white on the browser after I add the API key and hit next.

2021-08-02 18:32:28.5683 [ERROR] An unhandled error occurred. System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'value')
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ValidationUtils.ArgumentNotNull(Object value, String parameterName)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.Extensions.Value[T,U](IEnumerable`1 value)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.Extensions.Value[U](IEnumerable`1 value)
   at EmbyStat.Common.Converters.UserConverter.<>c.<ConvertToUserList>b__0_0(JToken user)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectEnumerableIterator`2.ToList()
   at EmbyStat.Common.Converters.UserConverter.ConvertToUserList(JArray model)
   at EmbyStat.Services.MediaServerService.GetAndProcessUsers()
   at EmbyStat.Services.MediaServerService.GetAllAdministrators()
   at EmbyStat.Controllers.MediaServer.MediaServerController.GetAdministrators()
   at lambda_method843(Closure , Object , Object[] )
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ActionMethodExecutor.SyncActionResultExecutor.Execute(IActionResultTypeMapper mapper, ObjectMethodExecutor executor, Object controller, Object[] arguments)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodAsync()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeNextActionFilterAsync()
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Rethrow(ActionExecutedContextSealed context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeInnerFilterAsync()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeNextExceptionFilterAsync>g__Awaited|25_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)

Spaceboy
9 hours ago, rdmiller13 said:

Not getting passed the setup screen - tried different browsers on different machines, somethings just thinking it's null.  Screen just goes white on the browser after I add the API key and hit next.

2021-08-02 18:32:28.5683 [ERROR] An unhandled error occurred. System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'value')
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ValidationUtils.ArgumentNotNull(Object value, String parameterName)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.Extensions.Value[T,U](IEnumerable`1 value)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.Extensions.Value[U](IEnumerable`1 value)
   at EmbyStat.Common.Converters.UserConverter.<>c.<ConvertToUserList>b__0_0(JToken user)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectEnumerableIterator`2.ToList()
   at EmbyStat.Common.Converters.UserConverter.ConvertToUserList(JArray model)
   at EmbyStat.Services.MediaServerService.GetAndProcessUsers()
   at EmbyStat.Services.MediaServerService.GetAllAdministrators()
   at EmbyStat.Controllers.MediaServer.MediaServerController.GetAdministrators()
   at lambda_method843(Closure , Object , Object[] )
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ActionMethodExecutor.SyncActionResultExecutor.Execute(IActionResultTypeMapper mapper, ObjectMethodExecutor executor, Object controller, Object[] arguments)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodAsync()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeNextActionFilterAsync()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Rethrow(ActionExecutedContextSealed context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeInnerFilterAsync()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeNextExceptionFilterAsync>g__Awaited|25_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)

Same 

varmandra

So now some more details from me

I use the docker under Debian the browser I used for setting up EmbyStats was Firefox for Developer.

The docker run on the same PC as emby. The Emby server has a domain over https with a certificate.

There were no error during setp Up EmbyStats.

The only thing I see is, when I open a link to the Emby Server the server ID is missing, so the link don't work, I see only an empty Page whit the header from Emby.

BdT

Varmandra

varmandra
19 minutes ago, vaise said:

Same white screen.  Docker.  Deleted and reinstalled, same.

Do you use the old <hostpath> for the new version? I make a clean new start, no old files left anywhere.