Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

9 minutes ago, neik said:

Yes, it is.

I've mentioned it to Cheese and Chef in the dev channel, so hopefully once they're online, they will respond.

• Thanks 1

crusher11
13 hours ago, chef said:

Hey, sorry work has gotten in the way. The kitchen is super busy. 

I think overall, we can process the bulk of a tv series library with reasonable outcomes, but we are going to come across things like the Alfred Hitchcock theme, and it isn't going to be right, for whatever reason. 

We've tried a lot things to get the comparing code to be as good as we can. 

I've learned more about hamming code and what it actually is,  than I'd care to admit.

It's going to have to be edited in the configuration.

Well yes, but I've got the AHH intro at 20 seconds and you have it at 56, both via manually watching the show, which...seems wrong.

Cheesegeezer
3 hours ago, neik said:

Thanks CBers for the feedback.

Just gave it a go and while it was running I wanted to check the results in the plug-in's UI but apparently it doesn't really like it as it throws an error "Database is locked".

2021-09-30 09:55:42.468 Info App: Default journal_mode for /var/lib/emby/data/titlesequence.db is wal
2021-09-30 09:55:42.477 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.0.12
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb-any_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 5.4.0-84-generic (buildd@lgw01-amd64-050) (gcc version 9.3.0 (Ubuntu 9.3.0-17ubuntu1~20.04)) #94-Ubuntu SMP Thu Aug 26 20:27:37 UTC 2021
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.17
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
	SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Busy: database is locked
	SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
	   at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3 db, Int32 rc)
	   at SQLitePCL.pretty.StatementImpl.MoveNext()
	   at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.ExecuteAll(IDatabaseConnection This, String sql)
	   at IntroSkip.Data.BaseSqliteRepository.RunDefaultInitialization(IDatabaseConnection db)
	   at Emby.AutoOrganize.Data.SqliteTitleSequenceRepository.Initialize()
	   at IntroSkip.IntroSkipPluginEntryPoint.GetRepository()
	   at IntroSkip.Api.TitleSequenceService.Get(SeasonTitleSequenceRequest request)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: SQLitePCL.pretty
	TargetSite: Void CheckOk(SQLitePCLEx.sqlite3, Int32)

Chef, if it's not possible to access the UI while the task is running there maybe should be a warning message so that the user knows what's going on otherwise the only thing you see is the "circle of death" going and going.

Edit: Seeing the plugin doing it's magic is just awesome, this is really a big step forward - thank you to everyone envolved in developing this.
Hopefully the folks at Emby see this as well and incorporate this into the core once it's tested and eventually released. Looking forward to it.

Neik,

This has been fixed, but by doing so we have broken some other stuff, however, last night while us brits were asleep, chef was busy and may have found a really cool fix for this issue.  So once he pushes it, we will test, and hopefully have a release. 

Unfortunately until we are happy with the new upgrades and reliability, it's probably worth just shelving the plugin until the next release.

Thanks for your support with testing, it really is appreciated.

• Like 2

Apologies for being late to this thread, but is this intro detection feature in beta? I can't find it anywhere and searched the thread to see if it was included, or still just in really early testing.

Cheesegeezer
4 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

Apologies for being late to this thread, but is this intro detection feature in beta? I can't find it anywhere and searched the thread to see if it was included, or still just in really early testing.

Yes it's in early testing.  We released a version about a week ago and are now continuing with fixes and further development.  I would wait until the next release before testing.

If you want to try it.... 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Well yes, but I've got the AHH intro at 20 seconds and you have it at 56, both via manually watching the show, which...seems wrong.

I watched a YouTube video of the intro, not the actual show.

I couldn't find Hitchcock online... yet... I've made a couple requests though.

Cheesegeezer

Good Morning all and happy weekend to you all.

Just to keep you in the loop.... there has been some significant work done to the plugin, with both UI and backend improvements. We are making some final tweaks and improvements and you should expect a Dev update dll in the next couple of days.

And we will conduct a full system analysis on our production systems to test the accuracy prior to releasing this.  

Thanks for all your support and patience.

• Like 5

Cheesegeezer
On 30/09/2021 at 11:53, crusher11 said:

I think crusher this will be one of the ones you will have to manually edit if it isn’t caught in the next release. 

I don't know if this has already been asked for but as I am currently running the detection of chapters on my library I see the need to be able to export the need to partialy or entirely export the results to e.g. an Excel file.

I think this would provide a way better overview of the detected chapters as going season by season using the UI is quite time intensive.

Any chance this could be considered?

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
2 hours ago, neik said:

I don't know if this has already been asked for but as I am currently running the detection of chapters on my library I see the need to be able to export the need to partialy or entirely export the results to e.g. an Excel file.

I think this would provide a way better overview of the detected chapters as going season by season using the UI is quite time intensive.

Nope, no export to any files will be available, however we are going to add a diagnostics page to the UI, it's currently in design and will be available in the near future

rbjtech
6 hours ago, neik said:

We are on the same wavelength here ;) - our thoughts are if a show has 0% (no titlesequence detected) or 100% (all titlesequence detected) then the probability of it being correct is good.  However, if any episode(s) is/are 'missing' and has not has their titlesequence detected - then there is a much higher probability that season or show has issues that need further investigation - possibly manual correction.

So we are designing a 'stats' page showing these results post detection - with the aim to zoom in on the 'obvious' issues as opposed to spending time on shows that are 'clean' and have a perfect titlesequence (or no titlesequences..) anyway.

Any thoughts/feedback welcome on how we best do this !

Thanks.

Edited by rbjtech
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

We are on the same wavelength here ;) - our thoughts are if a show has 0% (no titlesequence detected) or 100% (all titlesequence detected) then the probability of it being correct is good.  However, if any episode(s) is/are 'missing' and has not has their titlesequence detected - then there is a much higher probability that season or show has issues that need further investigation - possibly manual correction.

So we are designing a 'stats' page showing these results post detection - with the aim to zoom in on the 'obvious' issues as opposed to spending time on shows that are 'clean' and have a perfect titlesequence (or no titlesequences..) anyway.

Any thoughts/feedback welcome on how we best do this !

Thanks.

Yepp, sounds good.
Looking forward to it.

Another thing I am just thinking of: Is it possible to add a play button in the UI next to each episode starting at the intro start?
I think this would make verification of right intro timings much easier.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
17 minutes ago, neik said:

Yepp, sounds good.
Looking forward to it.

Another thing I am just thinking of: Is it possible to add a play button in the UI next to each episode starting at the intro start?
I think this would make verification of right intro timings much easier.

Will have to look into that. But i would imagine it would be easy enough and would be web ui only

• Like 1

I am having some issues while detecting intros:

2021-10-04 02:10:33.549 Info Intro Skip:  will process 14 episodes for Die Simpsons - Season 32.
2021-10-04 02:10:34.708 Info Intro Skip: Die Simpsons - Season 32 - E: 1 matched E: 2 - detection took 1158 milliseconds.
2021-10-04 02:14:10.365 Info Intro Skip: Die Simpsons S: 32 E: 3 title sequence successful.
2021-10-04 02:14:10.370 Info Intro Skip: Die Simpsons S: 32 E: 5 title sequence successful.
2021-10-04 02:14:10.376 Info Intro Skip: Die Simpsons S: 32 E: 6 title sequence successful.
2021-10-04 02:14:10.381 Info Intro Skip: Die Simpsons S: 32 E: 7 title sequence successful.
2021-10-04 02:14:10.383 Info Intro Skip: Die Simpsons S: 32 E: 8 title sequence successful.
2021-10-04 02:14:10.385 Info Intro Skip: Die Simpsons S: 32 E: 9 title sequence successful.
2021-10-04 02:14:10.388 Info Intro Skip: Die Simpsons S: 32 E: 10 title sequence successful.
2021-10-04 02:14:10.390 Info Intro Skip: Die Simpsons S: 32 E: 11 title sequence successful.
2021-10-04 02:14:10.392 Info Intro Skip: Die Simpsons S: 32 E: 12 title sequence successful.
2021-10-04 02:14:10.394 Info Intro Skip: Die Simpsons S: 32 E: 4 title sequence successful.
2021-10-04 02:14:10.396 Info Intro Skip: Die Simpsons S: 32 E: 13 title sequence successful.
2021-10-04 02:14:10.398 Info Intro Skip: Die Simpsons S: 32 E: 14 title sequence successful.
2021-10-04 02:14:10.400 Info Intro Skip: Die Simpsons S: 32 E: 2 title sequence successful.
2021-10-04 02:14:10.402 Info Intro Skip: Die Simpsons S: 32 E: 1 title sequence successful.
2021-10-04 02:14:10.883 Warn Intro Skip: One or more errors occurred. (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)
2021-10-04 02:14:10.884 Debug TaskManager: Episode Title Sequence Detection Completed after 561 minute(s) and 58 seconds

Tried it already several times but it always seems to crash at some point.

CBers
1 hour ago, neik said:

No one else having that error message in the log?

I think that can just be ignored for now.

The latest private beta has been re-worked a number of times and I believe all errors have been eliminated.

I think @chef and @Cheesegeezer may have another public beta soon, but don't quote me on that 😀

• Like 1

Banquero

Buenos dias, cuando se incluirá este interesantisimo plugin en el catalogo de Emby, dado que en Synology la carpeta de Emby Server está oculta y es imposible añadir el plugin manualmente?...Muchas gracias...

23 minutes ago, Banquero said:

Buenos dias, cuando se incluirá este interesantisimo plugin en el catalogo de Emby, dado que en Synology la carpeta de Emby Server está oculta y es imposible añadir el plugin manualmente?...Muchas gracias...

@cayars, don't you have a Synology? It should be possible to add the plugin manually, right?

Cheesegeezer

You guys are gonna love this next release.....

@chef has really out done himself on the detection, which has been a hell of a lot of work for him!!  But the rewards and accuracy you guys will benefit from is 100 fold.

The UI is gonna be way more visual and beneficial for confirming your intros.  We are literally just finishing off some bits and bobs.  So stay tuned.

Big huge thanks to @rbjtech and @CBers for testing during this.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, neik said:

@cayars, don't you have a Synology? It should be possible to add the plugin manually, right?

Yes, you just drop any plugin into the plugin folder and restart Emby Server.

Banquero
18 minutes ago, cayars said:

Yes, you just drop any plugin into the plugin folder and restart Emby Server.

Pero, como lo haces? En DSM7 la carpeta de Emby está oculta en Synology. Con que programa ves el directorio? 

In order to get to appdata you have to use SSH/putty.

Have you ever done this before?