Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

crusher11

I'm still running 2.0.2.8, do I need to delete any database files if I upgrade to the current version? I've been busy with a NAS rebuild and a few other things so I haven't kept on top of this, particularly.

1 minute ago, crusher11 said:

I'm still running 2.0.2.8, do I need to delete any database files if I upgrade to the current version? I've been busy with a NAS rebuild and a few other things so I haven't kept on top of this, particularly.

The database is still good. We haven't changed anything, so you are okay.

Thanks man!

We are going to have a list of seasons that show variance in the data.

So if a season has a bunch of intro data, but a couple are missing for what ever reason, you can cross check it from the list.

Hopefully as time goes on, and our detection code becomes better,  that list becomes empty.

crusher11
10 minutes ago, chef said:

We are going to have a list of seasons that show variance in the data.

So if a season has a bunch of intro data, but a couple are missing for what ever reason, you can cross check it from the list.

Not sure what you mean by that?

4 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Not sure what you mean by that?

If a season has some episodes with intro data, but we weren't able to detect a couple (for whatever reason), we will output a list so no one has to go digging through series to find issues.

Trying to make it easier on the end user.

Edited by chef

36 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

it's all under ..\programdata\Plugins\.. the root path doesn't (or shouldn't) matter.    

You would think. I've attached my log and screenshot. Looks like this time gave me System.NullReferenceException

image.png.4f3073321edf530d00f67c0c050437ed.png

Emby Error.txt

Edited by TKX57

2 minutes ago, TKX57 said:

You would think. I've attached my log and screenshot.

image.png.4f3073321edf530d00f67c0c050437ed.png

Emby Error.txt 8.21 kB · 0 downloads

Was that the first time you had ever run the task?

@Cheesegeezer I'm at work now, but you see in the finger print task where we try to sync the database prior to running.

That needs to be in a try catch, because there might not be anything to sync yet. My bad...

Edited by chef

5 minutes ago, chef said:

@Cheesegeezer I'm at work now, but you see in the finger print task where we try to sync the database prior to running.

That needs to be in a try catch, because there might not be anything to sync yet. My bad...

Yes, this is the first time I'm trying to run the finger print task. The instructions say to drop the .dll file, restart service, and then run this task.

No rush, whenever you have time or something to throw at me to test on my side.

Cheesegeezer
10 minutes ago, chef said:

yup, i'll get it sorted

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
23 minutes ago, chef said:

Got it done.  I'm gonna wait for the tests to complete on our side before we push the next release.

@TKX57 this fix will be in the next release mate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Got it done.  I'm gonna wait for the tests to complete on our side before we push the next release.

Thank you, you guys rock!

crusher11

I thought Title Sequence Detection had been sped up dramatically? I deleted episode one of AHH, removed season one's data, refingerprinted in about five minutes and it's now taken about 15 minutes to detect the title sequences, and barely moved.

20 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

I thought Title Sequence Detection had been sped up dramatically? I deleted episode one of AHH, removed season one's data, refingerprinted in about five minutes and it's now taken about 15 minutes to detect the title sequences, and barely moved.

When that task has completed. I would love to see a log from you @crusher11.

It has gotten faster, but it still takes time.

The progress will jump. I don't want to alter the progress to much, but it probabaly could be calculated in a way that would allow for more feedback.

2 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

It's done, and the results for the Alfred Hitchcock Hour are still almost entirely random.

I just listened to the Hitchcock, and I really can't understand why it isn't detecting the intro. It is 56 seconds long, and the audio is very specific.

Stranger still,  Game of Thrones also has a fairly long intro, and it is another series we have problems detecting.

crusher11
37 minutes ago, chef said:

I just listened to the Hitchcock, and I really can't understand why it isn't detecting the intro. It is 56 seconds long, and the audio is very specific.

Stranger still,  Game of Thrones also has a fairly long intro, and it is another series we have problems detecting.

Are we talking about the same thing? It's only 20 seconds long in what I have.

Guys, I am having some library scanning issues (taking hours instead of minutes) and I am trying to narrow down the issue and therefore I wanted to remove this plugin as it is the only one I installed in between.

I finished fingerprinting my library, shutted down my server and took a backup of the intro-DB.
Question: Will I be able to restore the fingerprinting data with the backed up DB?

rbjtech
2 hours ago, neik said:

Guys, I am having some library scanning issues (taking hours instead of minutes) and I am trying to narrow down the issue and therefore I wanted to remove this plugin as it is the only one I installed in between.

I finished fingerprinting my library, shutted down my server and took a backup of the intro-DB.
Question: Will I be able to restore the fingerprinting data with the backed up DB?

As long as you have the .db file - it doesn't really matter as that also contains all the titlesequence data as well.    As long as your core system stays the same it can just be restored and you will pick up where you left off.    You cannot use it on another system though, as the links to your media items will all be unique (it uses the ItemID).

Unless the Introskip tasks are actually running, then this should have no impact on the rest of the system, so that is a bit of a mystery.

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2021 at 12:28 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

Let me know when the new release drops. I'm excited to get this going and try it out!

2 hours ago, crusher11 said:

Hey, sorry work has gotten in the way. The kitchen is super busy. 

I think overall, we can process the bulk of a tv series library with reasonable outcomes, but we are going to come across things like the Alfred Hitchcock theme, and it isn't going to be right, for whatever reason. 

We've tried a lot things to get the comparing code to be as good as we can. 

I've learned more about hamming code and what it actually is,  than I'd care to admit.

It's going to have to be edited in the configuration.

I would like to give the detection task a try and see what the results are.
Any idea when the next release is going to be released or am I good to go with the latest one?

BaukeZwart

I noticed that even with hardly anything new added the "Episode Title Sequence Detection" task is running every nigh for about 40 minutes.
I checked the log and it seem it's doing "White Collar" every night again.
For now I have added it to the ignore list, not sure if this is a bug or something else happening here.
https://0bin.net/paste/XSNm-MR3#RtL-FuPY9Lf97do5DSR6GcqGgBpI3jEthylL7WukzhG

1 hour ago, neik said:

I would like to give the detection task a try and see what the results are.
Any idea when the next release is going to be released or am I good to go with the latest one?

The latest one will be a good start for you.

The guys are working on improving the speed and efficiency, so it might be a while before it's released.

• Thanks 1

Thanks CBers for the feedback.

Just gave it a go and while it was running I wanted to check the results in the plug-in's UI but apparently it doesn't really like it as it throws an error "Database is locked".

2021-09-30 09:55:42.468 Info App: Default journal_mode for /var/lib/emby/data/titlesequence.db is wal
2021-09-30 09:55:42.477 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.0.12
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb-any_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 5.4.0-84-generic (buildd@lgw01-amd64-050) (gcc version 9.3.0 (Ubuntu 9.3.0-17ubuntu1~20.04)) #94-Ubuntu SMP Thu Aug 26 20:27:37 UTC 2021
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.17
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
	SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Busy: database is locked
	SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
	   at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3 db, Int32 rc)
	   at SQLitePCL.pretty.StatementImpl.MoveNext()
	   at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.ExecuteAll(IDatabaseConnection This, String sql)
	   at IntroSkip.Data.BaseSqliteRepository.RunDefaultInitialization(IDatabaseConnection db)
	   at Emby.AutoOrganize.Data.SqliteTitleSequenceRepository.Initialize()
	   at IntroSkip.IntroSkipPluginEntryPoint.GetRepository()
	   at IntroSkip.Api.TitleSequenceService.Get(SeasonTitleSequenceRequest request)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: SQLitePCL.pretty
	TargetSite: Void CheckOk(SQLitePCLEx.sqlite3, Int32)

Chef, if it's not possible to access the UI while the task is running there maybe should be a warning message so that the user knows what's going on otherwise the only thing you see is the "circle of death" going and going.

Edit: Seeing the plugin doing it's magic is just awesome, this is really a big step forward - thank you to everyone envolved in developing this.
Hopefully the folks at Emby see this as well and incorporate this into the core once it's tested and eventually released. Looking forward to it.

Edited by neik

29 minutes ago, neik said:

Thanks CBers for the feedback.

Just gave it a go and while it was running I wanted to check the results in the plug-in's UI but apparently it doesn't really like it as it throws an error "Database is locked".

That's not a good start.

Is that version 2.1.0.0 DLL from here?