Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

Cheesegeezer
5 minutes ago, chef said:

The github repo has the code necessary to fix the single episode part.

I've got to try and test removing items, and sync the two tables.

This means actually altering my library. I'll see what happens.

Oh no dude.  That sucks.  I have some changes to push, that are just cosmetic and tidy up of the code behind.

I will wait until you have pushed all your changes before I sync.

3 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Oh no dude.  That sucks.  I have some changes to push, that are just cosmetic and tidy up of the code behind.

I will wait until you have pushed all your changes before I sync.

I did the pull request. It seems like it went okay.

Testing the removal of items is going to take me a while.  I'm going to have to do a bunch of checks to make sure it syncs.

You go a head.

Did you get the alignment stuff figured out okay?

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, chef said:

Did you get the alignment stuff figured out okay?

Absolutely NOT!!! Arrrrrrrrgh I hate HTML, give me WinForms, WPF or MCML any day of the week.

It should be so easy but nothing makes sense and I can't read JavaScript like I can C#, i'm always thinking, where did that varialbe come from and how does it know to use that method.

The mind is boggled.

Any good books on it for object based java and html not the crap you get on the internet that makes you write out the css, html and java all on one page.

BillOatman
20 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Any good books on it for object based java and html not the crap you get on the internet that makes you write out the css, html and java all on one page.

Not a book, and not sure if it would work in the Emby ecosystem, but have you looked at Blazor?  Makes HTML *almost* palatable :)

Plus I can tell you are a quality person ... WinForms is where it's at! :)

Edited by BillOatman
  • Haha 1

Cheesegeezer
6 minutes ago, BillOatman said:

Not a book, and not sure if it would work in the Emby ecosystem, but have you looked at Blazor?  Makes HTML *almost* palatable :)

Plus I can tell you are a quality person ... WinForms is where it's at! :)

Thanks Bill,

I will take a look Blazor.

WinForms Rule... I write a lot of my work utilities in Winforms but my biggest bugbear is when others do a GUI in it and never change the application icon!!!! GRRRRR

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Absolutely NOT!!! Arrrrrrrrgh I hate HTML, give me WinForms, WPF or MCML any day of the week.

It should be so easy but nothing makes sense and I can't read JavaScript like I can C#, i'm always thinking, where did that varialbe come from and how does it know to use that method.

The mind is boggled.

I'm on it! Not to worry. Centered?

Edited by chef

@Cheesegeezer / @chef We currently have a "Rescan data for Season X" in the plugin config page, but can you add a "Rescan data for Show " option please, or is there a different way of doing that?

image.png.7091f227688d8bb364d111693f9a84d2.png

Also, when you click on the "Rescan data for Season X", the pop up says "Remove Season Data".
image.png.8c776c46ec2522b4c965d5453ce838c2.png

Is the text correct?

Perhaps "Rescan" rather then "Remove" ?

Thanks.

Edited by CBers

18 minutes ago, CBers said:

@Cheesegeezer / @chef We currently have a "Rescan data for Season X" in the plugin config page, but can you add a "Rescan data for Show " option please, or is there a different way of doing that?

Also, when you click on the "Rescan data for Season X", the pop up says "Remove Season Data".

Is the text correct?

Thanks.

Yes I can fix that.

The scan per show gets tricky.

we remove fingerprint data when a series is 'complete' (meaning all episodes for the season are available in the library, and have been scanned). Once the print data is removed, the only way to scan one episode, is to reprint the entire season.

We could keep print data for a specific time period after the season is complete, before removing it. That would give users the ability to make changes and rescan per episode, at least for a short period of time. 

It does strain the memory when the repository is filled with fingerprint data.

Cheesegeezer
24 minutes ago, CBers said:

Is the text correct?

Thanks.

Rescan isn't correct really, because it doesn't kick off a  new scan and if this show was added to the exclude list you wouldn't want it to rescan.

Remove would be better word. Or even Reset.

i dunno, what do you think @chef

2 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Rescan isn't correct really, because it doesn't kick off a  new scan and if this show was added to the exclude list you wouldn't want it to rescan.

Remove would be better word. Or even Reset.

i dunno, what do you think @chef

Reset. Yes that is it.

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, CBers said:

Got my "Bad/Incorrect Chapters" down to ZERO 👍

image.png.80fe158e96e277760f2500cd954b4ef0.png

Well done, did penketh sort you out with a script?

Cheesegeezer
43 minutes ago, chef said:

I'm on it! Not to worry. Centered?

i've tried so many ways to do it.  Hang on tho.  let me merge my branch first.  I've done a heap of cleaning up

2 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Well done, did penketh sort you out with a script?

No, it was your last set of instructions with MKVToolnix.

Removed the embedded chapters in ~50+ videos in about 10 minutes.

rbjtech
2 minutes ago, CBers said:

No, it was your last set of instructions with MKVToolnix.

Removed the embedded chapters in ~50+ videos in about 10 minutes.

Another option is using mkvpropedit and then you can script the entire thing.

This was actually one of my original thoughts on saving the chapters.xml - maybe saving it out for the 'bad' items might be useful down the line - rather than manually using mkvtoolnix ...

?

mkvpropedit movie.mkv --chapters new-chapters.xml

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
4 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Another option is using mkvpropedit and then you can script the entire thing.

This was actually one of my original thoughts on saving the chapters.xml - maybe saving it out for the 'bad' items might be useful down the line - rather than manually using mkvtoolnix ...

?

mkvpropedit movie.mkv --chapters new-chapters.xml

interesting mate, I'll have a look at it at some point.

BillOatman
21 minutes ago, chef said:

This github thing is getting easier. I've learned so much about collaborating! thanks man! 

Try LiveShare sometime.  Part of Visual Studio 2019 :)

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
7 minutes ago, BillOatman said:

Try LiveShare sometime.  Part of Visual Studio 2019 :)

Its not offline and our time difference is 8hrs lol

• Haha 1

crusher11
1 hour ago, chef said:

Yes I can fix that.

The scan per show gets tricky.

we remove fingerprint data when a series is 'complete' (meaning all episodes for the season are available in the library, and have been scanned). Once the print data is removed, the only way to scan one episode, is to reprint the entire season.

We could keep print data for a specific time period after the season is complete, before removing it. That would give users the ability to make changes and rescan per episode, at least for a short period of time. 

It does strain the memory when the repository is filled with fingerprint data.

I don't understand the relevance of this, given the question. A "delete everything for this show and start over" button doesn't require that things be retained...because it's getting rid of them to begin with.

52 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

I don't understand the relevance of this, given the question. A "delete everything for this show and start over" button doesn't require that things be retained...because it's getting rid of them to begin with.

It just means we can't delete one show from the data base. It still exists in the emby library. 

The next time the task is run, we will try and detect the episode sequence, but we will not have any other fingerprint data to compare it too because we removed fingerprints for a whole season if it is complete.

If the user expects to add the show back,  it will fail.

But, If the user removes the show from their library, we will follow suit and remove that show from our database. 

24 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

But that's also true of seasons...

Right, if a user removes a whole season from emby, we have to also remove the whole season from ours. 

The reason we have to remove seasons at a time from our table for rescanning is because,  we scan fingerprints for all the episodes per seasons (intros may change per season, and we want to make sure we get all the similar ones), if we remove the entire season, we can re-fringerprint the entire season and rescan it. 

Then the fringerprints are removed from our database again.

It was a toss up between  smaller database file size/memory, and the ability to remove one episode and rescan (keeping fingerprint arrays).

We decided file size and memory trumped.

Edited by chef
  • Like 2

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, crusher11 said:

It's not really simple to explain, if you don't understand the process of how the code works and what we are trying to be mindful of.

Just accept that Season Removal is the best experience for the user.