Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, STR8 said:

For me so far so good, everything is looking good.

Fingerprinting: Completed at 100% 

Title Sequence Detection: Is now at 86%

Almost there!!

1 hour ago, STR8 said:

Chapter Insertion: Failed the last time but will see if it works with the new plugin. 

Ensure that you have the Chapter insertion switch on.  But i would suggest waiting until you have confirmed that you are happy with them first before running the chapter task

1 hour ago, STR8 said:

No orange or green colors for me. Maybe all 3 scans need to finish?

This will be in the next release.... if it makes it.  We are debating having a shuffle about, but i think we will keep this for testing purposes.

1 hour ago, STR8 said:

I might sound like a broken record but thanks again everyone this is great!

You crack on fella,  it's not often that folk like give praise and it really is well received, so Thank You!!!!

@chef So after 20 minutes or so only on 1.5%. CPU activity has increased now running 4 processes over running 2 processes

26 minutes ago, kaj said:

@chef So after 20 minutes or so only on 1.5%. CPU activity has increased now running 4 processes over running 2 processes

Hmm... Okay, stop the task.

I'm not sure why this is happening. It seems isolated, but if this is happening once, it will happen again in other systems. So we'd best get to the bottom of it. If you're game?

How much trouble would it be to:

1. Shut down emby server

2. Remove the titleSequence.db,

3. Making sure to remove any data base file left over in the folder,  which mention titleSequence (titleSequence-wal, etc). 

3. Spin up emby server.

it is possible that, there was rogue database files in there. The "titleSequence-wal" file is used to update the data base.

if that doesn't completely dispose then it would cause issues during future releases.

it could be that during an older test of the plugin we unknowingly have had this issue.

let me know how you'd like to proceed.

@chef Emby shutdown, database removed:

image.thumb.png.47bbea5ccb5abcb14db91b8d78b3f608.png

Emby restarted, log rotated, task started, starting at -0.7%, titlesequence slowly increasing:

image.png.f5b3042681daa98826194ffed7b94561.png

Cheesegeezer
2 minutes ago, kaj said:

Emby restarted, log rotated, task started, starting at -0.7%, titlesequence slowly increasing:

hey Kal, how are your other tasks running?  I guess you don't monitor them, but if you run auto organize or library scan, do the percentages start correctly there?

Just now, Cheesegeezer said:

hey Kal, how are your other tasks running?  I guess you don't monitor them, but if you run auto organize or library scan, do the percentages start correctly there?

I do look at them, especially as I run an EPG task regularly. Never seen anything start negatively and they always seem to run without problems or excessively long.

Cheesegeezer
12 minutes ago, kaj said:

@Luke @ebr have you ever seen it when a tasks starts running and the progress percentage jumps to a negative figure? in this case -0.7%

It's the only instance we've seen for this from all the testing that's been done.

Cheers fellas

This system specs

Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build15) (gcc version 7.5.0 (GCC) ) #42218 SMP Fri Sep 24 02:41:40 CST 2021
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.17
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
2021-10-13 11:57:01.522 Info Main: Logs path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/logs
2021-10-13 11:57:01.522 Info Main: Cache path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/cache
2021-10-13 11:57:01.522 Info Main: Internal metadata path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/metadata
2021-10-13 11:57:01.523 Info Main: Transcoding temporary files path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/transcoding-temp
2021-10-13 11:57:01.524 Info Main: PID file: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid
2021-10-13 11:57:01.631 Info App: Application version: 4.7.0.13

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, kaj said:

I do look at them, especially as I run an EPG task regularly. Never seen anything start negatively and they always seem to run without problems or excessively long.

yeah, this is quite intensive for the first run.  I did 4000 episodes and it took 7hrs to complete fingerprint and detection.  Thats to give you some idea of times.  The chapter task takes about 1 min tops and then the thumbnail extraction is about 3-7mins.

1 minute ago, Cheesegeezer said:

@Luke @ebr have you ever seen it when a tasks starts running and the progress percentage jumps to a negative figure? in this case -0.7%

It's the only instance we've seen for this from all the testing that's been done.

Cheers fellas

And it does progress, so -0.7 then -0.5, then -0.3 then 0.0, then into the positives, so now on 0.6

1 hour ago, Cheesegeezer said:

yeah, this is quite intensive for the first run.  I did 4000 episodes and it took 7hrs to complete fingerprint and detection.  Thats to give you some idea of times.  The chapter task takes about 1 min tops and then the thumbnail extraction is about 3-7mins.

You'll just need to look at the values that you're sending to progress.Report

My task actually started like thst with the -0.7 but it jumped to 0.0 rather quickly. I didn't think to much of it because everything seems fine.

Also I just added a new tv show and the detection task ran automatically  it's moving rather fast already at 99.2% didn't tell if the fingerprint task ran.

Cheesegeezer
7 minutes ago, STR8 said:

My task actually started like thst with the -0.7 but it jumped to 0.0 rather quickly. I didn't think to much of it because everything seems fine.

Also I just added a new tv show and the detection task ran automatically  it's moving rather fast already at 99.2% didn't tell if the fingerprint task ran.

Are you on linux also? If so can you post linux build.

Cheesegeezer
29 minutes ago, Luke said:

You'll just need to look at the values that you're sending to progress.Report

Cheers fella

Yes linux 

TerraMaster’s F5-221 5-bay NAS unit comes with an Intel dual-core processor, a frequency of up to 2.0 GHz, a read speed reaching 119 MB/s, and a write speed reaching up to 118 MB/s. These devices are compatible with both AES hardware encryption and 4K HD video transcoding, making the F5-221 an ideal candidate for home multimedia entertainment and small office applications.

I upgraded the RAM from 2GB to 10GB if that matters 

• Thanks 2

On 10/11/2021 at 5:22 AM, BaukeZwart said:

I have thumbnails for Intro start but they all seem to be missing for Intro end when Has Intro is false.
When Intro is true, both start and end are there.
It looks a bit weird to have an Intro Start thumb when there is no Intro.

chrome_iL3nplE2DT.png

That is interesting, there should be a specific thumb image for items that don't have intros.

I'll have a look. 

Thanks!

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, chef said:

That is interesting, there should be a specific thumb image for items that don't have intros.

I'll have a look. 

Thanks!

Chef I don't think we have released that one yet.  Because the yellow/green icons aren't there either.

• Like 1

@chef Update: Already on 47%, so running 4 processes seeming to make a difference...database increasing nicely..

image.png.c6313cf31c2757f050e1a5431ab41683.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kaj said:

@chef Update: Already on 47%, so running 4 processes seeming to make a difference...database increasing nicely..

image.png.c6313cf31c2757f050e1a5431ab41683.png

So, it sounds like we did have an issue with a corrupted db file, probabaly from prior testing if the plugin.

This is good news. 

Keep us updated, and let us know how things go for the other 53% of the scan. 

Then, you'll be able to run the detection task, and see some results.

Looking forward to it! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Chef I don't think we have released that one yet.  Because the yellow/green icons aren't there either.

Oh, right! This was the first version with extracted thumbs. That makes sense now.

So this issue is actually squashed in the next release then.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, STR8 said:

If fingerprinting didnt run, the detection task will start and end very quickly because there are no items to scan.

It shouldnt cause any foreseeable issues with the data. Should be okay.

Not sure if it's possible based on how you're building this, but it would be great if we could add multiple sections for skipping (recap, outros, etc. - even though we'd have to enter it manually). One of my biggest annoyances is when shows will do the outro, and then have 30 more seconds of the episode after it, and it would be awesome to solve for that.

2 hours ago, Bradum said:

Not sure if it's possible based on how you're building this, but it would be great if we could add multiple sections for skipping (recap, outros, etc. - even though we'd have to enter it manually). One of my biggest annoyances is when shows will do the outro, and then have 30 more seconds of the episode after it, and it would be awesome to solve for that.

😬 Currently, it would be hard to get the recaps. Because we wouldn't really know where they are. Some times it could be story line prior to the intro, sometimes they could be recaps.

But outros, yes that is on the Todo list.

Infact the actual extraction code has be written and is already there, just not implement yet,  using fingerprinting, and I know there was talk of other ways to pinpoint the outro.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1

@chef  @Cheesegeezer Good morning. Looks like the task finished successfully sometime last night (my time) as it had finished when I looked. I've now backed up the db file and run the Episode Title Sequence Detection - took 4 minutes.

So, what's next? That's as much as I've done so far, as I'm a little confused as to the next exact steps to take.

I've gone to the plugin settings - Intros tab. Selected a TV Shows (Start Trek: Enterprise - Season 1, incredibly annoying title sequence) and this is what it says:

image.thumb.png.d95b8f5a251f48525c5756f1b0d1bcdc.png

rbjtech
39 minutes ago, kaj said:

I've gone to the plugin settings - Intros tab. Selected a TV Shows (Start Trek: Enterprise - Season 1, incredibly annoying title sequence) and this is what it says:

image.thumb.png.d95b8f5a251f48525c5756f1b0d1bcdc.png

Has the Detection Task been run ? - if you run it manually, does it skip through all the shows ?

If it has been run, then it looks as if this show's episode has not been identified for some reason.  Is it exactly the same Intro per episode ?  Are the other seasons the same ?  If it is, then it seems very odd that this has not been picked up for any episodes.