Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

40 minutes ago, CBers said:

Whatever way you do it will be wrong. 

Probably a new tab. 

Oh, tell me how you really feel 😂🤣😂🤣

The new one we have is going to be the best yet, I. All seriousness. There are so many improvements. 

The memory usage, the chapters, and the UI have all gotten better.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

Cheesegeezer

We are Hoping to have a major update for you all tomorrow. 

i will list out the changes and update the instructions before release.

it is still advisable to test this new release on small test system with a few TV shows that have a good amount of content. About 300-500 episodes.

hopefully this release with just be house cleaning the niggley bugs out.

a huge point to note, and we have tested this now, if your audio varies between episodes in a season, tge plugin will have difficulty in detection. There is nothing we can do about it and we tried changing the sensitivity of the detection and it proves weird results.

anyways catch yas all on the flip side

• Like 3

Cheesegeezer
24 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Audio varies in what way?

Loudness, pitch are the main ones that don’t sound like they are different, but analysis shows they are. Basically it boils down to consistent audio quality in seasons.

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

So I got a test server setup with 9 shows and 302 episodes. running the detection task gave the following results:

Series Processed Average CPU Time Taken
2 24% 5min
4 50% 4min 16 secs
6 44% 4min 11 secs
8 30% 4min 23 secs

I've just started checking the chapters, but so far so good.

• Thanks 3

rbjtech
25 minutes ago, TBMike said:

So I got a test server setup with 9 shows and 302 episodes. running the detection task gave the following results:

2 24% 5min
4 50% 4min 16 secs
6 44% 4min 11 secs
8 30% 4min 23 secs

Interesting info on the stats - We've seen this before where increasing the number of Series makes no difference because the bottleneck moves elsewhere - likely disk I/O.  The most 'efficient' in your case is '4' -  5 may have have pushed the CPU just that little bit more before it started having to wait for disk I/O .. 👍  Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TBMike said:

2 24% 5min
4 50% 4min 16 secs
6 44% 4min 11 secs
8 30% 4min 23 secs

And you no longer see any SQLite error on the log?

Edited by chef

51 minutes ago, chef said:

And you no longer see any SQLite error on the log?

No, I think it was me that hadn't shut down the server properly before copying the db file.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, TBMike said:

Is there any specific information or data you guys would like to see going forward?

We would like to know your results.  Basically....

1. Was the detection time quicker than previous versions (if you can remember)
  2. Any weird or odd start and end times for a show/season in the UI
  3. did it miss any intros that you know are there.
  4. Any errors or Failed marked on any of the Scheduled Task we have to run.
  5. Overall experience of the plugin, is it working good for you or bad,
  6. how you think the UI is set up. Is it intuitive.

Cheers.  Can you also check your logs for the SQLlite error please.

• Thanks 1

No sign of SQLite errors now, I'm pretty sure it was me screwing up the database.

Here is a direct comparison between 2.0.3.5 and 2.1.0.0 running 2 episodes:

Shows 13 Episodes 359     Shows 13 Episodes 359  
Version 2.1.0.0         Version 2.0.3.5      
No of Series Processed Time Taken 6min 24secs       No of Series Processed Time Taken 8min 15secs    
2 Average Min Max Total   2 Average Min Max Total
Process Memory Used 165.6 MB 128.9 MB 178.7 MB ---   Process Memory Used 231.9 MB 0.0 MB 310.4 MB ---
Process Thread Count 19 14 28 ---   Process Thread Count 19 0 39 ---
Process Handle Count 811 797 879 ---   Process Handle Count 814 0 988 ---
Process Data Rate 10.9 MB/Sec 0.0 MB/Sec 142.7 MB/Sec 3.20 GB   Process Data Rate 36.2 MB/Sec 0.0 MB/Sec 197.8 MB/Sec 10.62 GB
Process Read Rate 6.2 MB/Sec 0.0 MB/Sec 85.2 MB/Sec 1.82 GB   Process Read Rate 18.8 MB/Sec 0.0 MB/Sec 111.6 MB/Sec 5.50 GB
Process Write Rate 4.7 MB/Sec 0.0 MB/Sec 57.6 MB/Sec 1.39 GB   Process Write Rate 17.5 MB/Sec 0.0 MB/Sec 86.2 MB/Sec 5.11 GB
Process Page Fault Rate 386 F/Sec 0 F/Sec 8763 F/Sec 115739 F/Sec   Process Page Fault Rate 6102 F/Sec 0 F/Sec 284940 F/Sec 1830741 F/Sec
Process Nonpaged Pool Used 0.1 MB 0.1 MB 0.1 MB ---   Process Nonpaged Pool Used 0.1 MB 0.0 MB 0.1 MB ---

The CPU values I was getting were maxed at 25% but Windows reported higher so something not right there. I've taken those values out.

EDIT: Is the series to ignore setting working? I can't seem to add or take anything away from it.

Edited by TBMike
Adding more information

BaukeZwart

Point 10 of the instruction advises to disable the task triggers. But if we do that how are new series and episodes handelend?

What I did for now after running stage 1-3 manually is set triggers for all 3 Stepps to run at night 1 hour apart with a max running time of 1 hour for step 1 and 2 (should be more then enough after the initial setup I think). 

Is this OK? 

Cheesegeezer
4 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

Point 10 of the instruction advises to disable the task triggers. But if we do that how are new series and episodes handelend?

What I did for now after running stage 1-3 manually is set triggers for all 3 Stepps to run at night 1 hour apart with a max running time of 1 hour for step 1 and 2 (should be more then enough after the initial setup I think). 

Is this OK? 

This is because the plugin is still in Development, so there is no point having them run all the time or on a trigger while we are testing.  It could clog a system if it fails for what ever reason.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, TBMike said:

No sign of SQLite errors now, I'm pretty sure it was me screwing up the database.

Here is a direct comparison between 2.0.3.5 and 2.1.0.0 running 2 episodes:

Shows 13 Episodes 359     Shows 13 Episodes 359  
Version 2.1.0.0         Version 2.0.3.5      
No of Series Processed Time Taken 6min 24secs       No of Series Processed Time Taken 8min 15secs    
2 Average Min Max Total   2 Average Min Max Total
Process Memory Used 165.6 MB 128.9 MB 178.7 MB ---   Process Memory Used 231.9 MB 0.0 MB 310.4 MB ---
Process Thread Count 19 14 28 ---   Process Thread Count 19 0 39 ---
Process Handle Count 811 797 879 ---   Process Handle Count 814 0 988 ---
Process Data Rate 10.9 MB/Sec 0.0 MB/Sec 142.7 MB/Sec 3.20 GB   Process Data Rate 36.2 MB/Sec 0.0 MB/Sec 197.8 MB/Sec 10.62 GB
Process Read Rate 6.2 MB/Sec 0.0 MB/Sec 85.2 MB/Sec 1.82 GB   Process Read Rate 18.8 MB/Sec 0.0 MB/Sec 111.6 MB/Sec 5.50 GB
Process Write Rate 4.7 MB/Sec 0.0 MB/Sec 57.6 MB/Sec 1.39 GB   Process Write Rate 17.5 MB/Sec 0.0 MB/Sec 86.2 MB/Sec 5.11 GB
Process Page Fault Rate 386 F/Sec 0 F/Sec 8763 F/Sec 115739 F/Sec   Process Page Fault Rate 6102 F/Sec 0 F/Sec 284940 F/Sec 1830741 F/Sec
Process Nonpaged Pool Used 0.1 MB 0.1 MB 0.1 MB ---   Process Nonpaged Pool Used 0.1 MB 0.0 MB 0.1 MB ---

The CPU values I was getting were maxed at 25% but Windows reported higher so something not right there. I've taken those values out.

EDIT: Is the series to ignore setting working? I can't seem to add or take anything away from it.

I'll look at that right away.

EDIT: yup target is off. 

I will fix!

Thank you.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

Mobile view of the "Title Sequence Activity Log" tab in the plugins page is slightly off the edge of the screen on the left. 

Screenshot_20210919-184216.thumb.png.d009fb32f98221f20486598e764d32d8.png

Cheesegeezer
13 minutes ago, CBers said:

Mobile view of the "Title Sequence Activity Log" tab in the plugins page is slightly off the edge of the screen on the left. 

Screenshot_20210919-184216.thumb.png.d009fb32f98221f20486598e764d32d8.png

you could just rotate your display to make it landscape ;) and then everything would fit on 

@chef shall we just rename it to activity log?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

you could just rotate your display to make it landscape ;) and then everything would fit on 

@chef shall we just rename it to activity log?

Sure thing. Activity log is better.

Html tables are never great on mobile.

Auto organize has the same issue with a bad interface for mobile. 

Unfortunately, there isn't a quick fix for mobile use and the table.

Perhaps there is some kind of css property or media query that could limit the table data for mobile, but I'm not sure.

If there is a way to do it, I'll add it to auto organize too.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
6 minutes ago, chef said:

Perhaps there is some kind of css property or media query that could limit the table data for mobile, but I'm not sure.

Cool well i'll leave you to pop that in with your current update :D 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I was able to pull a bit more performance out of it, with some alterations.

Check out these numbers:

1585380914_performacetesting1.png.98fbf43f237dd8a40e05ede3869c05b3.png

239118498_performacetesting2.png.f44405eef1d8aa42b2816cc321647061.png

Yes those numbers are correct, running 5 series at once, and each detection only taking just over half a second, and memory under 100MB.

I bet it could be faster too. I bet I can get each detection down to half a second. 

EDIT: Ops, I meant to put this in the dev channel... but it's cool because...  fast computer things!

Edited by chef
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, chef said:

I've used something similar to this in the past to handle table presentation on smaller screens.

https://www.cssscript.com/pure-css-mobile-friendly-responsive-table/

Never tried it in the Emby UI though. :)

• Thanks 1

BillOatman
10 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

IT'S HERE VERSION 2.1.0.0

IntroSkip Instructions & Beta Releases - Tools and Utilities - Emby Community

Please read through the instructions on the first post thoroughly before downloading the latest release.

Nice page :)  Does this require Emby beta server still?  If so probably should mention that on the instructions page :)

• Agree 2