Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, BillOatman said:

Nice page :)  Does this require Emby beta server still?  If so probably should mention that on the instructions page :)

DONE!! - Thanks Bill 👍

• Like 1

samuelqwe
30 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

DONE!! - Thanks Bill 👍

Actually, I believe only Windows requires the beta, since other platforms seem to have gotten chromaprint with Emby 4.6

• Agree 1

Cheesegeezer
10 hours ago, samuelqwe said:

Actually, I believe only Windows requires the beta, since other platforms seem to have gotten chromaprint with Emby 4.6

I'm just gonna leave it at all systems beta, that way everyone has to make a conscious decision to commit to testing the plugin by installing emby-server-beta.

Cheesegeezer

I am assuming that the silence after 17 downloads means that most people are happy that have downloaded the 2.1.0.0 plugin?

Not much feedback, but folk are quick to report faults, niggles and less inclined to say "Good Job".

7 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I am assuming that the silence after 17 downloads means that most people are happy that have downloaded the 2.1.0.0 plugin?

Not much feedback, but folk are quick to report faults, niggles and less inclined to say "Good Job".

I downloaded it last night and installed it and then let it do it's own thing and I've had no issues so far.

Edited by CBers
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I'm still at fingerprinting my stuff but so far no issues encountered.

Well done! 😉

• Like 1

BaukeZwart
3 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I have everything running scheduled at night and let it handle updated and newly added movies and series.
No issues sofar, everything s running smooth. Interface also looking polished on PC, interface on mobile is as reported by others hard to use.

binarygeek119

i keep getting this error pop up

2021-09-20 08:54:49.312 Warn Intro Skip: One or more errors occurred. (Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.) (Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.) (Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.) (Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.) (Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.)

this one has pop up as well

2021-09-20 08:50:34.026 Warn Intro Skip: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.

i can restart the ask after a little wait and it start working again tell it those one of those errors

embyserver.txt

@chef / @Cheesegeezer Would it be possible to sort options to the filed in the "Unprocessed Episode Chapters" tab please.

Also, could you add the time-stamp of when the issue occurs, if possible, so that it's easier to look for the problem on the server logs and possible the same link that you added to the "Activity Log" tab please.

image.thumb.png.2cfd293f3a393e904b774ad9d9ee91f0.png

UFO Season 1 Episode 10 in the list has the following in the server log:

2021-09-20 01:58:45.997 Info Intro Skip: CHAPTER INSERT: TV Show: UFO - Season 1
2021-09-20 01:58:45.997 Info Intro Skip: CHAPTER INSERT: Getting Chapter Info for 10: The Square Triangle
2021-09-20 01:58:45.997 Debug Intro Skip: CHAPTER INSERT: Fetch Existing Chapters: Chapter 01 Starts at 0
2021-09-20 01:58:45.997 Warn Intro Skip: CHAPTER INSERT: Not enough Chapter Markers to insert Title Sequence for UFO: Season 1, Episode10: The Square Triangle
2021-09-20 01:58:45.997 Warn Intro Skip: CHAPTER INSERT: The Square Triangle has been added to Bad Chapter List

It doesn't look as though Emby is adding Chapter Markers to that show, and a few others, for some reason.

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, binarygeek119 said:

i keep getting this error pop up

2021-09-20 08:54:49.312 Warn Intro Skip: One or more errors occurred. (Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.) (Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.) (Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.) (Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.) (Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.)

this one has pop up as well

2021-09-20 08:50:34.026 Warn Intro Skip: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.

i can restart the ask after a little wait and it start working again tell it those one of those errors

embyserver.txt 803.87 kB · 0 downloads

Please make sure the server is completely shut down before copying your back up titleSequence.db file into the data folder.

If the error continues, please shut down the server and remove the titleSequence.db.restart the server and run fingerprinting again.

The end result plugin won't need the user to handle the db file, however during testing it is faster to have a backup of the fingerprinting completed (saves time).

But, if the server is not completely shut down when you move your back into the data folder, it will throw errors because it doesn't understand the db file. 

Thanks for taking the time to be a part of this.

Let us know how you do.

Cheesegeezer
20 minutes ago, CBers said:

@chef / @Cheesegeezer Would it be possible to sort options to the filed in the "Unprocessed Episode Chapters" tab please.

Also, could you add the time-stamp of when the issue occurs, if possible, so that it's easier to look for the problem on the server logs and possible the same link that you added to the "Activity Log" tab please.

image.thumb.png.2cfd293f3a393e904b774ad9d9ee91f0.png

UFO Season 1 Episode 10 in the list has the following in the server log:

2021-09-20 01:58:45.997 Info Intro Skip: CHAPTER INSERT: TV Show: UFO - Season 1
2021-09-20 01:58:45.997 Info Intro Skip: CHAPTER INSERT: Getting Chapter Info for 10: The Square Triangle
2021-09-20 01:58:45.997 Debug Intro Skip: CHAPTER INSERT: Fetch Existing Chapters: Chapter 01 Starts at 0
2021-09-20 01:58:45.997 Warn Intro Skip: CHAPTER INSERT: Not enough Chapter Markers to insert Title Sequence for UFO: Season 1, Episode10: The Square Triangle
2021-09-20 01:58:45.997 Warn Intro Skip: CHAPTER INSERT: The Square Triangle has been added to Bad Chapter List

It doesn't look as though Emby is adding Chapter Markers to that show, and a few others, for some reason.

Thanks.

if you run that thru MediaInfo or MKVToolnix, there will be only 1 chapter in the container.  This is something you will have to fix.  Nothing to do with emby extraction process, because emby has found 1 embedded chapter, it will not mess with it and create it's own autochapters.

It means going into the container and physically editing the mkv file to remove the chapter.

So I created this problematic Chapter in Mkvtoolnix, so that i can test.

image.png.7184677b8de3810c67abf561781730ac.png

image.png.7184677b8de3810c67abf561781730ac.png

Just go in and delete the Edition Entry

image.png.b2b4ff152c62ad32e2bb73a1eb1d38d9.png

Then Go to ChapterEditor top menu and save (this will overwrite the container immediately) - as easy as that, the refresh metadata for the show/season/episode and run the chapter task ..... Boom you're done

image.png.283a443044e1a8278dfc997005c3e17d.png

hmm... the new version of the dll doesn't work for me anymore (IntroSkip 2.1.0.0). With the versions before fingerprinting and sequence detection went pretty well.

I wanted to start from scratch and deleted everything related to IntroSkip after shutting down the emby server:
- old dll
- titlesequence.db
- titlesequence.db-shm
- titlesequence.db-wal

I copied the new dll file into the plugin folder, started the server and tried to start the fingerprinting task but it takes just a few seconds then it aborts. Here is what the log says:

2021-09-20 16:32:39.614 Info App: Default journal_mode for /config/data/titlesequence.db is wal
2021-09-20 16:32:39.615 Info Intro Skip: Starting episode fingerprint task.
2021-09-20 16:32:39.624 Error TaskManager: Error
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.4.0
	Command line: /app/emby/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /app/emby/ffdetect -ffmpeg /app/emby/ffmpeg -ffprobe /app/emby/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build15) (gcc version 7.5.0 (GCC) ) #41890 SMP Thu Jul 15 03:43:42 CST 2021
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: app/emby/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /app/emby
	System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	   at IntroSkip.AudioFingerprinting.AudioFingerprintScheduledTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)
	Source: IntroSkip
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

My server is running in a docker container (linuxserver) on a synology nas, if it helps.

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, dolbel said:

hmm... the new version of the dll doesn't work for me anymore (IntroSkip 2.1.0.0). With the versions before fingerprinting and sequence detection went pretty well.

I wanted to start from scratch and deleted everything related to IntroSkip after shutting down the emby server:
- old dll
- titlesequence.db
- titlesequence.db-shm
- titlesequence.db-wal

I copied the new dll file into the plugin folder, started the server and tried to start the fingerprinting task but it takes just a few seconds then it aborts. Here is what the log says:

My server is running in a docker container (linuxserver) on a synology nas, if it helps.

If you can see all of these files your server is not shut down

- titlesequence.db
- titlesequence.db-shm
- titlesequence.db-wal

you should only see the db file

Ah, I see... just stopping the container isn't really a shut down. Instead I have to shut down by web interface too. And tada, the task is running.

Thank you for the hint.

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, dolbel said:

Ah, I see... just stopping the container isn't really a shut down. Instead I have to shut down by web interface too. And tada, the task is running.

Thank you for the hint.

yes as in shutdown emby

image.png.ca1df5e9d36a22612287a4078de6dafc.png

Cheesegeezer
4 minutes ago, dolbel said:

Thank you for the hint.

There is a good chance you have messed the database already now.  I suggest starting from scratch and run the FP and detection.

I hope you are testing this on a 300-500 episode system and not your full system.  We are likely to have another update soon, which should improve the detection massively.

40 minutes ago, CBers said:

Thanks @Cheesegeezer, but I'm not that bothered about the show that much to trawl through the episodes.

Might do one day, but not a major issue currently.

I just ran 3 of the episodes through MKVToolNix, removing the chapters.

Emby re-processed them, and the Intro Skip plugin took care of the rest.

Need a batch method to go through all of the other episodes now, as doing it manually is a PITA.

I wonder if @PenkethBoy has a PS script for this 😇

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
2 minutes ago, CBers said:

I just ran 3 of the episodes through MKVToolNix, removing the chapters.

Emby re-processed them, and the Intro Skip plugin took care of the rest.

Need a batch method to go through all of the other episodes now, as doing it manually is a PITA.

I wonder if @PenkethBoy has a PS script for this 😇

it's a fairly easy process, but as you say time consuming and a PITA. i only had 4 on my main system. So not fussed lol

Jeeeeez, my dog has just farted and it smells like 40 acres of muck spreading!!! lol 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, fuzzynet said:

When I go to the plugin settings page it just spins and server becomes unstable. 

Hi fuzzynet. Are the tasks running while you are trying to load the plugin page?

If so, this will happen. Specifically the title sequence detection task.

It uses quite a bit if resources to calculate the intro, and also the database is being used frequently to add the results.

This means that the UI takes a backseat to the data. 

It will load eventually, but... It is going to be that way, until the task completes, or you stop the task.

Good news is that, once the task is finished, you wouldnt have to scan all those library items again, and the UI will be as snappy as you expect.

Thank you for taking the time to be a part of this! Feedback is very important at this point.

Anything else you see please let us know.

Edited by chef

1 minute ago, chef said:

Hi fuzzynet. Are the tasks running while you are trying to load the plugin page?

If so, this will happen. Specifically the title sequence detection task.

It uses quite a bit if resources to calculate the intro, and also the database is being used frequently to add the results.

This means that the UI takes a backseat to the data. 

It will load eventually, but... It is going to be that way, until the task completes, or you stop the task.

Good news is that, once the task is finished, you wouldnt have to scan all those library items again, and the UI will be as snappy as you expect.

Thank you for taking the time to be a part of this! Feedback is very important at this point.

Anything else you see please let us know.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I don't really know if the  title sequence detection task is running. 

I closed emby via docker and tried removed the plugin and emby seems to be working properly.

This was the first time using the plugin and couldn't access it.

binarygeek119

i did what you said and shutdown and deleted the db and started up and run fingerprinter and i keep getting this error throw

2021-09-20 14:06:35.108 Warn Intro Skip: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.

its still running though 

embyserver.txt

5 hours ago, binarygeek119 said:

i did what you said and shutdown and deleted the db and started up and run fingerprinter and i keep getting this error throw

2021-09-20 14:06:35.108 Warn Intro Skip: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.

its still running though 

embyserver.txt 1.5 MB · 0 downloads

Okay, I'll take a look. You are not the only one.

I know why that is happening.

Give me a bit to write the fix.

@Cheesegeezer can we release the fix tonight? Or tomorrow morning? It's the same issue that @rbjtech has.

I think we are writing to the repo when it is in use. I tried to save memory by closing and opening the repo, but that was a bad idea.

I'll fix it right away. 

@binarygeek119 thanks! 

rbjtech
1 hour ago, chef said:

Okay, I'll take a look. You are not the only one.

I know why that is happening.

Give me a bit to write the fix.

@Cheesegeezer can we release the fix tonight? Or tomorrow morning? It's the same issue that @rbjtech has.

I think we are writing to the repo when it is in use. I tried to save memory by closing and opening the repo, but that was a bad idea.

I'll fix it right away. 

@binarygeek119 thanks! 

I'm re-running on the beta with 100 shows/4700 episodes (FP db size=500Mb) and thus far I have not seen the db errr @chef - it's 30% through the detect.

So it may be db size related .. I'll have more info in the morning .. but for the moment, I don't have a repeat of the error ...

• Thanks 1