Show Intro Skip Option

Liquidfire88

samuelqwe
7 minutes ago, CBers said:

OK, in lieu of a reply, plus the fact it's getting late here, I have deleted the titlesequence.db file and I am rerunning the first task. 

Will check the results in the morning, then move into the 2nd task. 

I think the issue only affects the chapters task, so you probably didn’t have to delete anything at all. It’s not a bad idea to start from scratch to test out all the new speed improvements though.

rbjtech
8 minutes ago, CBers said:

OK, in lieu of a reply, plus the fact it's getting late here, I have deleted the titlesequence.db file and I am rerunning the first task. 

@CBers - the FP task to create the initial titlesequence.db file is not changing during these releases, it's just the detection that is being improved.  So once FP has finished, shutdown emby and just copy this db file elsewhere.  You then have a version that can be quickly restored to test with new detect enhancements as required - no need to do the FP again.

The detect task, removes the FP data as it processes - hence once you have run the Detect task, you lose the FP data on successfully identified shows/episodes.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/15/2021 at 5:23 PM, CBers said:

Sorry, didn't fully understand your request yesterday.

Will need an Admin, @Abobader, to set up access like that if required, if possible.

Sorry that not possible with our core forum software.

Cheesegeezer
3 minutes ago, Abobader said:

Sorry that not possible with our core forum software.

Thanks Abo, No problems i'll just have to keep on top of it myself.

How's things anyways?  You all good?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Thanks Abo, No problems i'll just have to keep on top of it myself.

How's things anyways?  You all good?

All good buddy, my wish you doing fine as well.

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, Abobader said:

All good buddy, my wish you doing fine as well.

Always my friend! Stay safe bud

• Thanks 1

crusher11
8 hours ago, samuelqwe said:

I will be honest with you... those samples all sound quite different to me.

Is the intro really always the same between episodes, because I was not able to easily identify a long repeating segment between those files?

Those samples are what the algorithm identified as the intro. 

samuelqwe
40 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Those samples are what the algorithm identified as the intro. 

I see, I was looking at this all wrong.

I can understand why it may think they are the intro. The audio fingerprints are based on frequencies or musical notes, so if two samples are musically similar it could catch them as being an intro. They were different enough to me, but the computer may not see (or hear) it that way. However, with just those short samples, it’s hard to say why the detection chose those exact time stamps.

I can look at trying to improve the detection to account for things like this, but this seems like a situation the algorithm may always have trouble with. There is nothing we can do to make the algorithm 100% perfect, but we can certainly try to make it better.

9 hours ago, CBers said:

All finished.

2021-09-17 04:14:16.861 Debug TaskManager: Episode Audio Fingerprinting Completed after 331 minute(s) and 2 seconds
2021-09-17 08:39:05.488 Debug TaskManager: Episode Title Sequence Detection Completed after 258 minute(s) and 49 seconds

Going to shutdown Emby, copy the titlesequence.db file, then restart Emby and run the Chapter Insertion task.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CBers said:

All finished.

2021-09-17 04:14:16.861 Debug TaskManager: Episode Audio Fingerprinting Completed after 331 minute(s) and 2 seconds
2021-09-17 08:39:05.488 Debug TaskManager: Episode Title Sequence Detection Completed after 258 minute(s) and 49 seconds

Going to shutdown Emby, copy the titlesequence.db file, then restart Emby and run the Chapter Insertion task.

That didn't take long.

2021-09-17 08:59:47.249 Debug TaskManager: IntroSkip Chapter Insertion Completed after 0 minute(s) and 7 seconds

rbjtech
1 hour ago, CBers said:

All finished.

You needed to have copied the titlesequence.db after the first Audio FP task - if you copied it after the Detection task - then the FP data will have been removed ...

tbh - It's no big deal if it has, it just means you can't re-use it for a second run of the Detection - IF you needed to.  The current results may be perfectly ok - as mine have been - the guys are just trying to tweak the algorithm to increase the accuracy even further.

BaukeZwart
16 hours ago, samuelqwe said:

The Docker builds should have chromaprint included since Emby 4.6. However, it’s possible that using a third-party Docker container like the ones from LinuxServer and Binhex instead of the official Emby one, could not have the same FFmpeg build. I can’t confirm if that’s the case since I have only ever used the Docker official container.

I can confirm that chromaprint is working on the LinuxServer Emby docker (Stable) container.
Just finished Audio fingerprinting.

• Like 3

Hi there,
First of all, it is absolutely great what is happening here and I can practically read along silently (even if I don't understand more than half of it).
But I still have an idea for the introskip.
Quasi as an option to designate all episodes of a season (in the example Dexter) as previously before the intro start.
That would be great.
Thanks very much.
2076199628_Bildschirmfoto2021-09-17um11_30_16.thumb.png.c254c1e4c4c000f960040f777e9ac824.png

• Thanks 1

rbjtech
9 minutes ago, slevin7 said:

Hi there,
First of all, it is absolutely great what is happening here and I can practically read along silently (even if I don't understand more than half of it).
But I still have an idea for the introskip.
Quasi as an option to designate all episodes of a season (in the example Dexter) as previously before the intro start.
That would be great.
Thanks very much.

I see you have an Intro Start, Title Sequence and Intro End shown in Chapters - were they created with earlier versions of the Plugin ?

If you refresh the metadata on that item - images not required (or the entire library if you wish) then it will reset the chapters back to how they were.

You can then run the IntroSkip chapters task again, and it will then just add the 'Title Sequence' chapter - which is I think what you want ?

ps - you can't assume the Intro's are in the same place for a season, recap's etc make the Intro start at different times.

Edited by rbjtech

13 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

I see you have an Intro Start, Title Sequence and Intro End shown in Chapters - were they created with earlier versions of the Plugin ?

If you refresh the metadata on that item - images not required (or the entire library if you wish) then it will reset the chapters back to how they were.

You can then run the IntroSkip chapters task again, and it will then just add the 'Title Sequence' chapter - which is I think what you want ?

So if you refresh an item/scan the library, you lose all of the Intro chapters?

Cheesegeezer
10 minutes ago, CBers said:

So if you refresh an item/scan the library, you lose all of the Intro chapters?

Yes see roadmap below, which is also part of the instructions and beta realeases Post

image.thumb.png.695c0123263664654e1a3aabf5896c0a.png

1 minute ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Yes see roadmap below, which is also part of the instructions and beta realeases Post

I'm not 100% certain that that happens, as I have just refreshed metadata on my TV library and I am still seeing some shows with the "Title Sequence" chapter name.

Need to check a few more.

What effect does the Scan Media Library Scheduled Task have?

Cheesegeezer
8 minutes ago, CBers said:

I'm not 100% certain that that happens, as I have just refreshed metadata on my TV library and I am still seeing some shows with the "Title Sequence" chapter name.

Need to check a few more.

What effect does the Scan Media Library Scheduled Task have?

You have to wait a little for it to catch up once completed.

Generally you click the refresh button on the TV Shows and then you should see a progress counter.  You might also want to force browser refresh afterwards.  We have no control over the refresh, but it does strip the chapters out, i will put my farm on it mate.

image.png.34bc022cbd38db6ecf98811dcd1c102d.png

As for scan library, that is looking for new episodes/movies/media to add them to the library and do a fresh metadata fetch.

Edited by Cheesegeezer

rbjtech

Agreed - the browser cache has caught me out a few times in testing as well.  Chapters are 100% removed on a metadata refresh - as this re-reads the original file and grabs the chapters (if available) from there, or if no chapters, then you get Auto-Chapters generated every 5 mins. 

The Introskip chapter insertion task takes seconds - so maybe put it on a 1hr schedule and you won't have to worry about it post any future metadata refreshes.

59 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

You have to wait a little for it to catch up once completed.

Generally you click the refresh button on the TV Shows and then you should see a progress counter.  You might also want to force browser refresh afterwards.  We have no control over the refresh, but it does strip the chapters out, i will put my farm on it mate.

image.png.34bc022cbd38db6ecf98811dcd1c102d.png

As for scan library, that is looking for new episodes/movies/media to add them to the library and do a fresh metadata fetch.

Definitely not see what you're saying happens.

I've just checked on a 2nd PC that has had nothing to do with any Intro Skip processes, or viewing of Emby content since I installed it this week and I am still seeing the Title Sequence chapter in the video.

Perhaps waiting almost 2 hours isn't long enough 🤔

Edited by CBers

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, CBers said:

Definitely not see what you're saying happens.

Perhaps waiting almost 2 hours isn't long enough 🤔

have you locked your TV Shows metadata for each show? just a thought. 

image.png.b91aad208d1d6838d2616df8b679bf7c.png 

3 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

have you locked your TV Shows metadata for each show? just a thought. 

image.png.b91aad208d1d6838d2616df8b679bf7c.png 

No.

Just did a Refresh Metadata for an individual video and yes it does remove the Title Sequence chapter, but it didn't do it on a library refresh.

You free for a chat in Discord?

If you're busy, no worries.

Edited by CBers

Cheesegeezer
Just now, CBers said:

No.

You free for a chat in Discord?

If you're busy, no worries.

see you there

:D