I'm a premium supporter and have the Server Configuration backup. Due to some previous issues with Emby, and also for some other reasons, I decided to stop fighting with all the legacy crap on my media server, and did a fresh reinstall. I reinstalled onto a new drive, so I still have full access to the old system. However, restoring my backup via Server Config backup plugin didn't work.
- Clean install of Windows 7
- Clean install of latest Emby Server (188.8.131.52)
- Fresh backup made on old Emby (3.0.6050.0)
- Install the backup plugin on new Emby
- Browse the backup - all users are seen, migration options are to create same-named users, options for plugin restore etc are all checked
- Press the restore button, accept the warnings
- Page refreshes and puts me on the Dashboard
- Check the Users and Plugins sections, nada
I've done this with Chrome but also tried in Firefox (after reading a similar thread). I also followed the migration guide for manual migration, but I was getting Syntax error at or near INSERT from DB Browser for SQLite, so I could get my plugins restored manually, but still no user accounts or media browsing data.
The only thing I can think is that there's some issue with paths (the old install is at Mediabrowser-Server unser %appdata%, while the new one is at Emby-Server) but it doesn't seem likely. Or then some weird permissions issue. Or the previously linked thread where user plasmon mentions that:
One thing is: in the Backup.log there is no mention of the "userdata" folder there is : "...\Emby-Server\config\users\" backed up into ...\users that's fine but no mention of were the userdata folder was backed up from.
I'll look into this a little further but it's doubtful. I'm out of ideas otherwise. Any help would be much appreciated.
Edited by filecore, 29 December 2016 - 04:11 PM.