Server Configuration Backup Plugin

kecarbaugh

kecarbaugh

I'm new to Emby, but looking at the list of plug-ins I don't see an entry in the catalog for this particular plug-in.  Where can I obtain it?

Happy2Play

It is listed twice, once  in top plugins and again in general.

kecarbaugh

For some reason it isn't showing up in either listing.  For example, the General listing only consist of CoverArt, Emby Kodi Sync Queue, Server Restart, and Vera Smart Home Automation....that's it.

Did a fresh install on another machine and the plug-in shows up, but that doesn't help me replicate the configuration from the machine which isn't showing all the plug-ins.  Now I'm not sure if I want to replicate it, since it appears to have 'issues'.

Edited by kecarbaugh

i guess i would make sure you're running the latest version of emby server.

Also, make sure you are looking at the catalog and not the plug-ins installed on your system...

plasmon

My SSD crashed during the night, so I reinstall my system from scratch. But when using the Backup Restore plugin, it doesn't seems to be working.

Here are my steps:

- Fresh install emby (auto update was enable by default on Emby, so I assume I was on latest stable release)

- Configured the supporter key

- Download the Backup restore plugin

- Configured the plugin

- Chose the latest backup, select all and restore

Nothing is happening, nothing has been restored

- I tried to install all the other plugings

- restart the server

- launch the restore

Still in no luck 

- Shutdown Emby

- open the Backup.log

- manually copy / paste the folders from backup location to emby folder based on the backup.log

- restart Emby

My library config is now back, currently refreshing

But all the users are missing (except the one created from initial setup)

One thing is: in the Backup.log there is no mention of the "userdata" folder

there is : "...\Emby-Server\config\users\" backed up into ...\users that's fine

but no mention of were the userdata folder was backed up from.

So basically I have 2 questions:

- Where is userdata folder backed up from

- Is Restore function producing logs when executed, so I can look at them ?

Thank you

Did the users show up in the screen for the restore?

If not, try force-refreshing the page.

There is a restore log created.

Happy2Play

You may want to try a different browsers also.

I couldn't get users/userdata to appear in Chrome 48 or 49  with a forced refresh on beta 3.0.5898.0.  Note forced refresh does work on Stable 3.0.5882.0.

56de11c73716c_scb.jpg

But they appeared in IE, Edge, and Firefox.

plasmon

I redeployed Emby on my NAS and the import worked flawlessly, no need to do it manually. And I used the same broswer to do it.

I have a theory which i need to test, I think my regional setting were not set to the same before and after my SSD crashed. Thus changing some separator or other stuff like that could invalidate a file scrapper / import feature.

I`ll give try later and come back with the answer

• 1 year later...
alanwbaker

I've installed plugin Version 1.1.6.0 of Emby Backup.  :)

Page http://app.emby.media/addplugin.html?name=Server%20Configuration%20Backup&guid=e711475e-efad-431b-8527-033ba9873a34 infers that it backs up just the config, but it backs up the library also.  Is there a setting available to turn this on or off?  :huh:

The plugin settings page enables resetting the number of generations to retain, but it appears that the code ignores this setting.  :(

Any thoughts?

hi @@alanwbaker, you can't control what is backed up, but at the time of restore, you can control what is restored. does that answer your question on that?

I have never seen the limit ignored before. how are you determining that it's being ignored? thanks !

On the point of backing up the library - in only backs up the library configuration i.e. the settings and locations for each library.

I also have never seen it ignore the retain setting.  Mine has been set to 4 for a couple years now and I have only the last 4 backups in my folder so please do provide details on that.

Thanks.

alanwbaker

Thanks, guys.  My question about not retaining the generations specified was erroneous--I was probably impatient waiting for the next backup to follow the new limit.

The backup plugin definitely backs up the data in the library, not just the config.  Maybe a feature, not a bug (opportunity for documentation update).

# pwd;ls -l
/home/alan/backup/embyconfig/Emby Backup - 2018-01-14 12.9.59 - Auto/library/Recordings/Airplane Repo/Season 4
total 7156340
-rw-r--r-- 1 emby emby        701 Jan  5 07:00 Airplane Repo S04E01 Ken Gets Played.nfo
-rw-r--r-- 1 emby emby     540311 Jan  4 19:22 Airplane Repo S04E01 Ken Gets Played-thumb.jpg
-rw-r--r-- 1 emby emby 1309583968 Jan  5 07:59 Airplane Repo S04E01 Ken Gets Played.ts
-rw-r--r-- 1 emby emby        725 Jan  5 08:00 Airplane Repo S04E02 South of the Border.nfo
-rw-r--r-- 1 emby emby     540311 Jan  4 19:22 Airplane Repo S04E02 South of the Border-thumb.jpg
-rw-r--r-- 1 emby emby 1205699572 Jan  5 09:00 Airplane Repo S04E02 South of the Border.ts
-rw-r--r-- 1 emby emby        715 Jan  5 09:00 Airplane Repo S04E03 Two If by Air, One If by Sea.nfo
-rw-r--r-- 1 emby emby     540311 Jan  4 19:23 Airplane Repo S04E03 Two If by Air, One If by Sea-thumb.jpg
-rw-r--r-- 1 emby emby 1166603740 Jan  5 10:00 Airplane Repo S04E03 Two If by Air, One If by Sea.ts
-rw-r--r-- 1 emby emby        699 Jan  5 10:00 Airplane Repo S04E04 Mid-Air Repo.nfo
-rw-r--r-- 1 emby emby     540311 Jan  4 19:23 Airplane Repo S04E04 Mid-Air Repo-thumb.jpg
-rw-r--r-- 1 emby emby 1237250372 Jan  5 11:00 Airplane Repo S04E04 Mid-Air Repo.ts
-rw-r--r-- 1 emby emby        708 Jan  5 11:00 Airplane Repo S04E05 Saint Croix Swipe.nfo
-rw-r--r-- 1 emby emby     540311 Jan  4 19:23 Airplane Repo S04E05 Saint Croix Swipe-thumb.jpg
-rw-r--r-- 1 emby emby 1193545852 Jan  5 12:00 Airplane Repo S04E05 Saint Croix Swipe.ts
-rw-r--r-- 1 emby emby        722 Jan  5 12:00 Airplane Repo S04E06 No Safe Harbor.nfo
-rw-r--r-- 1 emby emby     540311 Jan  4 19:23 Airplane Repo S04E06 No Safe Harbor-thumb.jpg
-rw-r--r-- 1 emby emby 1212097740 Jan  5 13:00 Airplane Repo S04E06 No Safe Harbor.ts

If you go into the DVR settings in the server dashboard, did you set a custom recording path there?

alanwbaker

If you go into the DVR settings in the server dashboard, did you set a custom recording path there?

I don't think so, but please tell me which particular setting in the dashboard to check.