Tiamat - New Android Living Room Client

Redshirt

radeon

I'll gladly get in on the mix if she'll have me. 

2 Nvidia Shield TV's oh and once of those crappy amazon ftv sticks! 

EDIT: Hang on a minute!? Is that a theme video i see in the background of the arrow details page? Please say I'm right!! 

Edited by radeon
  • Like 2

DrWatson
EDIT: Hang on a minute!? Is that a theme video i see in the background of the arrow details page? Please say I'm right!! 

I think you may well be onto something there. If so awesome.

• Like 2

Guest tbear2001

I would be more than happy to test... I have two Gen1 FireTVs and am currently looking for a client that has the one crucial option missing from the official emby client... Delete.  It is the one thing stopping me from moving from Plex.  Not just Delete in TV Recordings, but delete in any media library.

Redshirt

I would be more than happy to test... I have two Gen1 FireTVs and am currently looking for a client that has the one crucial option missing from the official emby client... Delete.  It is the one thing stopping me from moving from Plex.  Not just Delete in TV Recordings, but delete in any media library.

Tiamat supports library content deletion, as long as the feature is enabled on the server for the user account in question.

CBers

I would be more than happy to test... I have two Gen1 FireTVs and am currently looking for a client that has the one crucial option missing from the official emby client... Delete. It is the one thing stopping me from moving from Plex. Not just Delete in TV Recordings, but delete in any media library.

Really? That's your only reason?

Redshirt

Also to those that are waiting word on the beta invites. Hopefully those will start going out today to the first round of testers. The google store listing took longer to sort out than I thought.

• Like 5

Redshirt

Gotta get Dr. Phil of the computer before the husband gets home.... Hitting delete in a panic :D

• Like 1

sydlexius

I merely have an NVidia Shield and a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 that I run the ATV version on, but I've been dying for a client that has a delete option!  I'd be more than willing to test and provide relevant feedback using the aforementioned devices!

CBers

Eacb to their own, but I really don't understand the need for a delete option.

I delete stuff, but normally after I've watched a season of a show, but I'll do it via the PC it's stored on, either directly, or via a file manager (ES FILE EXPLORER) on my phone/tablet.

:)

DrWatson

Eacb to their own, but I really don't understand the need for a delete option.

I delete stuff, but normally after I've watched a season of a show, but I'll do it via the PC it's stored on, either directly, or via a file manager (ES FILE EXPLORER) on my phone/tablet.

:)

Handy for live tv recordings - watch once then discard shows

Handy for live tv recordings - watch once then discard shows

Agreed.  I would guess the vast majority of TV users would not appreciate signing on to their computer to delete stuff at the file level.  Many do not have the skills to do this anyway. 

• Like 1

I would also like to join.

I have :

FireTV (Gen 2)

FireTV Stick (Gen 1)

Also, any chance of time-shifting for Live TV?  I would be happy to test.

teshiburu

I would like to be able to test this, only thing holding me back from the EMBY jump is an improved android client. 

I have a FireTV and Shield on order.

Redshirt

How about PGS subtitles display without transcoding?

That's not a simple yes or no answer :) Yes Tiamat can play PGS without transcoding, but other factors may force the video to transcode regardless.

Redshirt

Will this have refresh rate changing?

I would like to, but haven't investigated it yet. The Shield TV supports it to some degree, so it should be possible 

• Like 1

Yes Tiamat can play PGS without transcoding, but other factors may force the video to transcode regardless.

That sounds good as Kodi seems to be the only Android player to be able to do this currently.  I have a Shield TV, so hopefully there won't be many cases where it is forced to transcode.

jds828

A couple of Shields feeding a 4k TV and a 1080p Projector.

Let me know if you still need people to test it.