Tiamat - New Android Living Room Client

Redshirt

Michael_Schmitz

Looks promising. I have a shield tv with android marshmallow and android tv 3.0 and would love to test it.

Best

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
Redshirt

Thanks guys. I'll probably bring in a few more testers over the weekend or early next week.

• Like 1

rcarteraz

This app looks pretty dang amazing. I'm interested in seeing this developed as it has more of the UI I'm looking for. Question, does it support the Amazon Fire TV (2nd gen)?

@@ebr Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by rcarteraz

MSattler

This app looks pretty dang amazing. I'm interested in seeing this developed as it has more of the UI I'm looking for. Question, does it support the Amazon Fire TV (2nd gen)?

@@ebr Thanks for the heads up!

Yes it does support FTV2.

• Like 1

Kramerika

Will this have refresh rate changing?

I would like to, but haven't investigated it yet. The Shield TV supports it to some degree, so it should be possible

Oooo!! Please, pretty please! Kodi can do this on the Shield TV. That's about the only thing missing playback-wise for me on the Emby Android TV app at this point, playing 24p content at its native refresh rate.

Redshirt

Oooo!! Please, pretty please! Kodi can do this on the Shield TV. That's about the only thing missing playback-wise for me on the Emby Android TV app at this point, playing 24p content at its native refresh rate.

I looked into it. The results weren't awesome because I'm pretty sure my LCD-TV doesn't support 23.97602 or 24 fps. It should still be possible with an Nvidia Shield and MarshMallow though.

ice pube

I looked into it. The results weren't awesome because I'm pretty sure my LCD-TV doesn't support 23.97602 or 24 fps. It should still be possible with an Nvidia Shield and MarshMallow though.

Thats good news! 

Redshirt

I would like to be able to test this, only thing holding me back from the EMBY jump is an improved android client. 

I have a FireTV and Shield on order.

Did you receive that hardware? 

Kramerika

Bummer on not having a TV that supports 24 fps. That's one thing that I was sure to look for when buying the two big TVs that I have because it isn't a feature that all TVs have. I hope you can still find a way to implement it.

Edited by Kramerika

MSattler

Come drive down to VA, I have a 40" Samsung LED you can have.  Too $ to ship =)

• Like 1

Redshirt

Come drive down to VA, I have a 40" Samsung LED you can have.  Too $ to ship =)

Driving from British Columbia to VA would probably cost more in gas than the cost of a new TV :D. I could use my motorcycle but I'd end up with bikers ass and waddle for a week afterwards. Never mind how I'd look with a TV strapped to the bars.

• Like 3

MSattler

Driving from British Columbia to VA would probably cost more in gas than the cost of a new TV :D. I could use my motorcycle but I'd end up with bikers ass and waddle for a week afterwards. Never mind how I'd look with a TV strapped to the bars.

This post left me in tears I laughed so hard =)

• Like 2

mini__me

I know early days in this thread I said I had no real time to test....now I do, though I doubt you are still looking based on the number of responses! :)

1x FTV (Gen 1)

2x FTV Sticks

1x 4k SATV

1x Tronsmart somethingorother (if you really want me to test it on it :) )

Cheers

I'm in to mood for testing (holiday now, so need somthing to play with)

I have a 4K Sony tv with AndroidTV 5.1 as the OS, havn't seen anyone else with such a system.

fredg89

Have the Nexus Player and FTV2. Let me know if you need another tester. I spend at least 4-8 hours a day messing with the boxes.

Various others here have the Sony 4K ATVs :)

Me being one ;)

I did not see that reading the thread yesterday, but I see now yes :)  I assume SATV is short for Sony AndroidTV then, I think people might use it for both shield and sony devices, so it's a bit confusing.