Tiamat - New Android Living Room Client

Redshirt

Vidman

Can I ask the minimum version of android OS this is working on

Edit: or should I say "she is working on"?

Edited by Vidman

Count me in!  I have the latest 4K capable FireTV , HD Homerun for TV tuner.  Also have an android TV box around somewhere as well.  Does it handle the Live TV guide and recordings?

Redshirt

Updated the OP, she works on Android 4.2 (Jellybean) and higher. No love for Ice Cream Sandwich users :)

• Like 1

Redshirt

Count me in!  I have the latest 4K capable FireTV , HD Homerun for TV tuner.  Also have an android TV box around somewhere as well.  Does it handle the Live TV guide and recordings?

Yes

wraslor

Any support for Dts-hd ma? 3D?

I've got a nexus player, nvidia shield, fire stick gen 1, and a mx iii android 4.4 box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSattler

Updated the OP, she works on Android 4.2 (Jellybean) and higher. No love for Ice Cream Sandwich users :)

You got me to look at the OP, thinking there was a maybe a download link now lol.

• Like 1

MSattler

Any support for Dts-hd ma? 3D?

I've got a nexus player, nvidia shield, fire stick gen 1, and a mx iii android 4.4 box

Since none of those players have apps that currently handle DTS-HD, or TrueHD I doubt it.  The only thing I have seen work so for for DTS_HD and TrueHD with Android is the Nvidia Shield with Kodi/Emby Plugin.  And even then it is a very specific build.

wraslor

Correct shield is the only one but it's my main device is why i ask. Plex and kodi support hd audio now.

MSattler

Correct shield is the only one but it's my main device is why i ask. Plex and kodi support hd audio now.

Makes me wonder if Plex is using it's own player or the built in android player. 

Redshirt

I'm able to pass-through Dolby Digital, Dolby DIgital Plus, TrueHD, DTS and DTS-HD MA to an amplifier, without downgrading to PCM. The only issue I'm seeing is that most videos won't seek if I enable TrueHD or DTS-HD MA. So currently I have TrueHD disabled and HD MA downsamples to regular DTS.

• Like 2

MSattler

I'm able to pass-through Dolby Digital, Dolby DIgital Plus, TrueHD, DTS and DTS-HD MA to an amplifier, without downgrading to PCM. The only issue I'm seeing is that most videos won't seek if I enable TrueHD or DTS-HD MA. So currently I have TrueHD disabled and HD MA downsamples to regular DTS

And it is direct streaming because the player cannot access samba based paths right?

Redshirt

Yeah, native android can't see samba shares without help. It's something I'd like to include down the road but the overhead of Direct Streaming is almost 0.

Redshirt

Thanks for the interest guys, I'll start reaching out in the next few days. I want to make sure an issue with the Google developer portal is sorted before I can bring new testers in. Need to able to start on the right foot :)

• Like 2

wraslor

I'm able to pass-through Dolby Digital, Dolby DIgital Plus, TrueHD, DTS and DTS-HD MA to an amplifier, without downgrading to PCM. The only issue I'm seeing is that most videos won't seek if I enable TrueHD or DTS-HD MA. So currently I have TrueHD disabled and HD MA downsamples to regular DTS.

That's great to hear!  I'm not really caring about seeking I pretty much watch it all or nothing but having hd audio is a big thing for me.

Redshirt

I'd like to give her a try.

firetv 4k

firetv stick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Do either of you guys have your 4k FTV's hooked up to a 4k TV?

virtualtinker

If you need any further help, I've got an Nvidia Shield hooked to a Samsung JS8500 4K TV.  Majority of my media is h264 mkv's and most of my viewing activity is my little girl watching Doc McStuffins and Daniel Tiger these days, but I can get the occasional movie in now and then and do a fair bit of watching recorded .ts files via Emby Direct / hdhomerun.

So the million dollar question for me, what's the possibility of getting Gamebrowser support built into the app?  I would be in absolute heaven if I could use my Shield controller paired with Gamebrowser using the Shield client to play my games on the TV.

Oh, and please take advantage of TV and movie theme videos please!

Redshirt

GameBrowser support exists in Tiamat. At least for systems that have Android based emulaters. 

• Like 1