Tiamat - New Android Living Room Client

Redshirt

Redshirt
56c92567c8ab5_Redshirt_lounge.png

Over the past months Tikuf & I have been quietly working on a new Android living room client we find ourselves nearing the position of requiring more input from the community in the form of beta testers

I would like to introduce Tiamat (or Tia as we call her). Tia is a robust native android app specifically designed for the living room. She is fun loving and offers a level of customization and features not seen before in any emby android client.

Below is her Tinder profile.... :D

56c92639f213c_metro2.png

56c9265ca8aa6_retro.png

56c926b00f528_seriesdetail1.png

56c926e2b5514_seriesdetail2.png

56c92716181ab_seriesdetail3.png

56c927468705b_sync.png

56c927926cff2_seriesview2.png

56c927a35926f_seriesview1.png

Measurements: 1080p,480p,720p (yup she's stacked)

Hobbies: Being the center of attention for all your entertainment needs.

Likes: Long intimate sessions playing back your favorite movies, tv shows, music and games.

Profile: As you can see above I come with 2 totally different homescreens. Metro and Retro. Metro features include easy access to all manner of predetermined groups including spotlight, next up tv, in progress, latest items, suggestions and much much more. The metro home screen is customizable. Choose what groups to show, change the order of the groups, or even hide groups to suit your own personal tastes. The retro home screen has access to many of the same items but is less customizable yet ideal for the minimalist. 

I support full sync with an easy interface that will let you know at a glance how much space you have and how much space your synced items are using. I can also create, and play, audio and video playlists.  

I'm also a bit of a swinger and enjoy groups. Use the also here feature to temporarily add other users to the viewing session. 

I have many more features too numerous to mention - plus it would ruin all the surprises that are in store.

I am looking for users with Android Tv style devices (Android Tv interface is not a requirement although a remote control is) that are willing to test and report any bugs or issues. I have been tested on many of the more popular Android tv devices (Nvidia Shield Tv, Amazon Fire Tv , Nexus Player to name a few).

What I am looking for is people who are willing to give up a bit of their time to help out and report back - Early access junkies need not apply. What will you get in return? You will get a chance to shape new features and have early access to the full app. Both Redshirt and Tikuf (my creators) are committed to offering you the best experience possible on Android, they are very receptive to feature requests and want to build me into something that suits the widest possible range of user scenarios possible.

Requires Android 4.2

---------------

Tiamat is a community application and not affiliated with the Emby brand 

Edited by Redshirt
  • Like 16

DrWatson

Let me be the first

I have 2x allwinner aw80 draco (1 telos 1 meta) android 4.4

1 nexus player Android 6

1 Nvidia sheild Tv android 5.1 (i think whatever the current is)

I would love to date her - looking for a long relationship - I swiped right.

Please consider me as a candidate. How do I apply?

• Like 1

@@Redshirt music? How does she handle setting the mood? Screens please :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

CBers

Great work Redshirt and Tikuf.

To others: I've been using TIA for a couple of weeks now since Red and Tikuf invited me to test her out.

Playback has worked just fine with everything I asked her to play.

The UI still has some features to be added/fixed, but these guys have been working long hours to get it to this stage.

I currently have Tia looking after my Fire TV, Nexus Player and Nvidia Shield TV.

Screenshot%202016-02-21%20at%2010.29.03.

All 3 videos are Direct Streaming concurrently.

CBers

I'd certainly be curious to check it out but from those screens the UI is way too busy for my tastes.

You can always switch to the Retro UI, but more enhancements will come.

CBers

I have a nexus player that she can use... and some patience to spare if shes not 100% perfect... how shall we proceed?

You'll need to wait for her to read your profile ;)

Redshirt

Thanks guys.

@@speechles Yep she does music. A few screens below. 

Shuffling my music library from the homescreen shows the music widget that is persistant on all screens while music is playing. The now playing UI that shows when you click the player widget is pretty simple. The last picture is the now playing screen with the playlist drawer open. 

56c9c4a066e55_device20160221055530.png 56c9c52d37af0_device20160221055806.png 

56c9c5907a2b6_device20160221055653.png

• Like 2

Koleckai Silvestri

Looks great. One of the best user interfaces that I have seen in a long time. It is a shame that I don't have a device to use it on currently.

Maybe one day we will see a Tiamat 'theme' for Theatre and Mobile? I have always thought one style across all devices would make for a seamless eco-system so you can move from one to another without thinking. 

Redshirt

Looks great :)

Does she direct stream Live TV?

I'm not going to say yes or no to that just yet. :) I'm a cord cutter so have had some difficulties testing live TV. I rely on others to test, or let me connect to there server so that I can test. When it comes to video playback in general I've done all I can to make sure it's a top-notch experience and if it's possible the same will be said for live TV.

• Like 1

mini__me

I don't have lots of time to test out so may not be best placed for testing overall, but do have FireTV & Stick and Sony Android TV to help any testing for Live TV from a HDHomeRun if that would be of use?

MrWebsmith

Glad this is now announced for more users to come in and enjoy.. this client is working on my gen1 FireTV, my Nvidia ShieldTV, my new 4k sony tv w built in ATV os, and my Nexus player.. all are doing really well with this app.. its another good option for anyone with any of these devices as well as many more i dont have.

In terms of Dev support, i will chime in that Red and Tikuf are working steadily to squash any bugs that come up, and CONSTANTLY adding new features or making tweaks. 

• Like 1

Maybe one day we will see a Tiamat 'theme' for Theatre and Mobile? I have always thought one style across all devices would make for a seamless eco-system so you can move from one to another without thinking. 

Coming from an Emby-centric perspective, yes but there is another perspective here.

For an app to be immediately accepted on a particular device it is best if that app follows the same basic design and interface methods of the device itself.  That way a user of that device immediately knows what to expect and how to interact with your app.

Netflix has taken the approach you suggest above and we, for the most part, have taken the approach of fitting in with the device.  Now, that means if you are a heavy Netflix user with lots of different devices, then you immediately understand how the Netflix interface works because it is pretty much identical everywhere now.  However, if you were, say, an Apple TV user just checking out Netflix for the first time, you might find the interface quite foreign from the rest of the things you are using.

MSattler

Nvidia Shield

Fire TV Sticks

Fire TV

Minix Neo X8H Plus

Nexus Player

Let me know if I can be of help.

Thanks!

Edited by MSattler

MSattler

All 3 videos are Direct Streaming concurrently.

Any Direct Play capability?  Although even Direct Streaming would be nice.

Thanks!

Redshirt

I find almost everything in my library direct streams. Most of my library is mkv/h264/ac3 though. If I do have to transcode, I do what i can to try and coax the server into doing just a container swap rather than a full transcode.

• Like 3