New Chocolate Detail Screen

ebr

Xzener

What are you missing exactly?? CoverArt is used for the custom posters, and I believe mediainfo icons are still user customizable using the IBN.

Also, Chocolate is the new "default" theme in MBC.

So I had Chocolate installed as a separate plugin.  Should I now remove that from the plugin list?

WWWestern

Should I now remove that from the plugin list?

No. Next update of the MBC will install it again. Just switch a theme if You dislike Choco (Config - Theme Options - Media Nrowser Theme - Visual Theme - +-).

No. Next update of the MBC will install it again. Just switch a theme if You dislike Choco (Config - Theme Options - Media Nrowser Theme - Visual Theme - +-).

I'd be insane to not like Chocolate.  What I meant was is it becoming default without the need to install it via the theme plugin configurator?

I have the latest version of the chocolate theme but my details page doesn't look like this. Am i missing something?

What does it look like?

What actual version do you have?

I'd be insane to not like Chocolate.  What I meant was is it becoming default without the need to install it via the theme plugin configurator?

Xzener jumped the gun a little bit but, yes, Chocolate will become the new default theme for MBC with the next release.  You will still be able to switch themes and you will still be able to update chocolate like other plug-ins if there are updates at a different time than MBC.

No...you should still be able to install it.  What is your version of MB and what level is your plug-in update set to?

bloodtaker

im beta on both 

MBC is 3.0.108.0 B1-7.1

Just looked again and its there again guess my computer was being weird lol

Also noticed that the MBC is a different version from the one i posted

it was 3.0.49.0 RC6-27.1

Edited by bloodtaker

CBers

If I un-install Chocolate, will Chocolate still be installed, albeit named DEFAULT ??

Does the default theme take all of the Chocolate settings that I currently have ?

Will Chocolate, as we now know it, be gone from the list of plugins ??

Is the Classic theme the old Default theme ??

Edited by CBers

bloodtaker

if you look at that image just behind there the server id number is there

in the upper right hand side of the image behind the plugins image

Edited by bloodtaker

if you look at that image just behind there the server id number is there

in the upper right hand side of the image behind the plugins image

Looks like you probably have a bad shortcut somewhere that is pointing to a very old version of the configurator/mbc.

If I un-install Chocolate, will Chocolate still be installed, albeit named DEFAULT ??

Does the default theme take all of the Chocolate settings that I currently have ?

Will Chocolate, as we now know it, be gone from the list of plugins ??

Is the Classic theme the old Default theme ??

Again, none of this has happened yet for the beta but, when it does:

• Chocolate will still exist as a plug-in and will not be re-named.  But, it will be installed and selected as the theme of choice for new installations.
  • Therefore, all your settings will remain the same for all themes
  • The old "default" theme will now be known as "Classic".
  • Like 2

CBers

Again, none of this has happened yet for the beta but, when it does:

• Chocolate will still exist as a plug-in and will not be re-named.  But, it will be installed and selected as the theme of choice for new installations.
  • Therefore, all your settings will remain the same for all themes
  • The old "default" theme will now be known as "Classic".

Thanks Eric.

bloodtaker

Looks like you probably have a bad shortcut somewhere that is pointing to a very old version of the configurator/mbc.

its already fixed itself so we are good to go

It is still the old style, like this: http://www.thehtpc.net/wp-content/gallery/mb_plugins/chocolate_detail.jpg

Version 3.0.2.9 is installed

This is a perfect example of why saying "the latest version" doesn't mean much :).

That is the latest release-level version.  All these modifications have been in dev or beta versions.

Thanks for the help. I switched to beta and it looks good but the movie title on the lower right isn't there. Is that a setting or something in my folder structure maybe? Couple of other questions: is it possible to show media info on the detail screen only? I don't want it in coverflow but it seems all or nothing. Finally, is there a way to remove the "Ends" from the bottom middle? I have anything that mentions "show end time" unchecked in the settings.

The end time is not configurable on the detail screen.  That is the most likely place you would want to see that.

The new CoverFlow view doesn't show media info...

I'll need a picture of what you are talking about with the "title in the lower right" as there are a lot of different possible views and I'm not sure exactly where you are talking about.