New Chocolate Detail Screen

ebr

dansblackcat

Instead of using the update button

wouldn't it be better to get a resolution to the problem's u have instead of a work around?

100% agree.  It's why I didn't go into too much detail about my issue.

I'll start a new thread if I can't fix it myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I think I've landed on this - although I'm still not 100% happy with it.  While it does allow for more of the summary, it doesn't seem quite as well balanced as the previous version.

52cc36e74ae9d_chocdetail11.png

• Like 3

How is the navigation using a 10 foot remote?

What, specifically, do you mean?  This is a detail screen though - there isn't a lot of navigation to it (just arrow keys to get around to the different buttons).

Kinda preferred the old description layout  :wacko:

I hope the EHS will get some love too...

Okay, I think I've landed on this - although I'm still not 100% happy with it.  While it does allow for more of the summary, it doesn't seem quite as well balanced as the previous version.

52cc36e74ae9d_chocdetail11.png

Edited by Dak

Cheesegeezer

I think that works really nicely.  It's got everything you would want and looks clean while still allowing quite a large portion of the Backdrop viewable.

Kinda preferred the old description layout  :wacko:

I kinda do too but it restricts the overview pretty heavily and I can't get it to auto scroll in that format.

Can the overview be a selectable button like the actors and chapters, and then have it displayed over the main area which should allow the lot to be displayed without scrolling?

Is there a short synopsis available in the metadata that could be put on this detail view?

No there is no short description.

Also, keep in mind this is a detail screen. The only reason you are in this screen is to see the details. So it doesn't make much sense to me to hide the overview.

mentasm

Can the overview be a selectable button like the actors and chapters, and then have it displayed over the main area which should allow the lot to be displayed without scrolling?

Is there a short synopsis available in the metadata that could be put on this detail view? 

mentasm

Smaller font?

or 

Full width overview with dts etc icons down the right hand edge and the logo moved up slightly over the backdrop? 

Or combination of both

Edited by mentasm

One2Go

What, specifically, do you mean?  This is a detail screen though - there isn't a lot of navigation to it (just arrow keys to get around to the different buttons).

I presume the Up & DOWN will navigate the buttons and Enter / OK will do the execution. When entering the Actors section again arrow navigation will move between the cast. When clicking on a cast member will there be additional information like the other content available on the server and available via IMDB?

In addition I presume the LEFT /RIGHT arrows will navigate among the different cover arts?

yardameus

The only alternative to make the overview fit (that I can think of) would be to put the cover in the top right corner and all the buttons (play, etc...) horizontal.  That would allow you to move the overview up quite a bit, but it does cover up more real estate.  I don't mind it how it is now, except the no auto scroll (I haven't figured out how to manually scroll with my remote/mouse setup).

Looks good and may be a Throg replacement. How is the navigation using a 10 foot remote?

well that's what it was designed for

godbodian

I LOVE THIS DESIGN EBR. SERIOUSLY THIS IS SOME OF THE BEST THEME WORK I'VE SEEN. PURELY CLASSIC! 

Not too much, not to little... EXTREMELY well put together. Bravo sir.

yardameus

Could even put a very faint dark overlay over the entire backdrop to help ensure the overview is visible.

Okay, I just didn't like that new layout very much.  Maybe I just have gotten used to it but the balance of the previous layout just felt so much better.  So, I have gone back to that design but am adjusting the width of the overview based on its content.  While this still may not work perfectly with really long overviews or with really light backdrops, I think it will look better in 95% of cases.

52cdac32734ad_chocdetail13.png

52cdac46dc81c_chocdetail12.png

• Like 2

crazybbs

i don't have this new details views , still have the short width description who I miss the last line when it have to autoscroll

I've 3.0.2.19 installed

Edited by crazybbs

mentasm

I think you need to be on the dev releases or mbc and themes.  I'd only change that if you are happy dealing with potential issues

MrLinford

Okay, I just didn't like that new layout very much.  Maybe I just have gotten used to it but the balance of the previous layout just felt so much better.  So, I have gone back to that design but am adjusting the width of the overview based on its content.  While this still may not work perfectly with really long overviews or with really light backdrops, I think it will look better in 95% of cases.

52cdac32734ad_chocdetail13.png

52cdac46dc81c_chocdetail12.png

Could you not make it a changeable preference in the theme's settings?

• Like 1

Could you not make it a changeable preference in the theme's settings?

Make what a changeable preference?

Make what a changeable preference?

I'm guessing he wants an option for the text to be as wide as the new layout or as narrow as the last

Edited by Dak

I'm guessing he wants an option for the text to be as wide as the new layout or as narrow as the last

It is dynamic.  Both screen shots above are the same version - just with different movies.  If the summary is long, it makes the text area wider automatically.

It is dynamic.  Both screen shots above are the same version - just with different movies.  If the summary is long, it makes the text area wider automatically.

Ok, that's an impressive workaround ebr.

I have the latest version of the chocolate theme but my details page doesn't look like this. Am i missing something?