New Chocolate Detail Screen

ebr

CBers

@@ebr - I tried it last night and it looks really good.

Although, when I press the cast/chapter buttons, the info stays on screen - you can't "hide" it again by pressing the same button.

Could this be made possible ??

Also, the media info buttons bottom right hand of the screen, slighlty obsure the NEXT button.

TIA.

WWWestern

@@ebr, how make 2 columns in cast/chapters panels? I can no see even on old (3:4) movies

Edited by WWWestern

@@ebr, how make 2 columns in cast/chapters panels? I can no see even on old (3:4) movies

Can I see a screen shot?  Do you get two rows of actors?

Nice, wondering how TV series and TV Episodes now look with these changes?  Are they the same?

A Series would never show in a detail screen.  Here is what an episode looks like.

52a870203d5e8_chocdetailtv.png

WWW - you'll be happy to see I moved the next button per your suggestion.

CBers - I made it now so that it throws focus to the actor/chapter list when you open it so it may be a little more obvious how that works.

• Like 2

CBers

CBers - I made it now so that it throws focus to the actor/chapter list when you open it so it may be a little more obvious how that works.

Thanks Eric.

WWWestern

Can I see a screen shot?  Do you get two rows of actors?

Hmm, window mode built two columns. This is probably because the ratio of the my monitor is 16:10.

WWWestern

WWW - you'll be happy to see I moved the next button per your suggestion.

O yes! Thanks, ebr.

Remains a litle detail. In Coverflow view in right bottom corner placed a items counter, looks like "5|10". It is virtually invisible when сoverflow sliding is active. Frankly, I do not see much need for this counter, but if he stays, then let it be left of middle to be visible.

O yes! Thanks, ebr.

Remains a litle detail. In Coverflow view in right bottom corner placed a items counter, looks like "5|10". It is virtually invisible when сoverflow sliding is active. Frankly, I do not see much need for this counter, but if he stays, then let it be left of middle to be visible.

I need to see a picture.  This works fine for me.  What is "coverflow sliding"?

WWWestern

52a88fad78afe_counter.png

I need to see a picture.  This works fine for me.  What is "coverflow sliding"?

When coverflow active. Slide lefy-to-right abd back. Player controls pop-up and hide the counter.

Oh, the mouse again.  Well, I'm afraid that is just going to be the case with a mouse.  99% of people are using a remote control and moving that item on screen would un-balance it when those mouse controls aren't shown.

That has been there from the beginning.  It is nothing new.

• Like 1

WWWestern

99% of people are using a remote control...

It is very far from the truth. Not everyone has the opportunity to purchase a dedicated remote control, and who has the opportunity per se, they want to acquire.

"Grau, teurer Freund, ist alle Theorie Und grim des Lebens goldner Baum" © "Faust" J.W. Goethe

Hasn't it always been in the bottom right hand corner? Many things are in a lot of themes. I'd say probably at least 90% or more are using remotes with their HTPC. The entire interface really wasn't designed for a mouse.

Cheesegeezer

@@ebr, i love the new details screen, its clean elegant and really shows off the backdrops and logos!!

Great job bud ;)

mentasm

Liking thew new details screen.  Did have a few issues with readability of the play and other labels with light backgrounds.  Also found the chapter layout looked a little buggy to me.  I'm at work so can't give screen shot at the moment.

if you have NPV enabled it'll superimpose over the all those new details and you can't see any of it

You mean the "Show Small NPV" option?

ewcrider

I cannot find them in that forum. What do I search for? And how do I implement them into my own MediaBrowser?

Check http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permalinks/8660/new-mediainfo-icon-sets-for-hydra for icon sets, and http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permalinks/1312/how-do-i-configure-and-use-the-mediainfo-plugin for some information on how to use them.  These were written for mb2, but it's similar for mb3.  The difference is the sets go in the server's ImagesByName folder, and not in the mbc folder. You may also need to clear the 'custom' imagecache folder located in ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\ImageCache\Custom.

Hope that helps.

Also, I think the new details screen looks great.

• Like 1

@@ebr yes, that's correct

I can't reproduce exactly.

It does double up the NPV as they both show (need to fix that), but nothing is obscured by either one of them...

52a9eb747a4b7_doublenpv.png

Actually, that was because there are two options and they are not mutually exclusive.  So, it is possible to have them both turned on.  If you only turn on one of the options, then it seems to work fine...

52a9ec9fc9a26_npvok.png

Can you show me a picture of what you are talking about?